Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on. We haven't even played a home game yet. Little early to say the sky is falling. A better right back and some tweaks this thing will be fine. Bradley and Altidore need to start more like their pay packets...but I'm far from concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Oh my. Every year I forget how quickly everyone freaks the fuck out here.
    Problem wvery year, TFC have a ton of promise with signings and every they underperform. Its becoming a "Bloody Bigger deal" in a bad way. At least Van is consistent with good and bad games and make the playoffs lately. If the Caps had MLSE's wallet, I doubt they'd be struggling right now like TFC are. And I use to think it was rhe coaches, but maybe its the entire hierarchy of MLSE, with Baz and Co. If they don't make the playoffs again this year or have a crappy campaign, really need to have an internal audit of TFC's structure and why even with big signings, still can't compete compared to the Caps budget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Problem wvery year, TFC have a ton of promise with signings and every they underperform. Its becoming a "Bloody Bigger deal" in a bad way. At least Van is consistent with good and bad games and make the playoffs lately. If the Caps had MLSE's wallet, I doubt they'd be struggling right now like TFC are. And I use to think it was rhe coaches, but maybe its the entire hierarchy of MLSE, with Baz and Co. If they don't make the playoffs again this year or have a crappy campaign, really need to have an internal audit of TFC's structure and why even with big signings, still can't compete compared to the Caps budget.

That's what we haven't had. Ever.

Consistent coaches and players.

We have the talent for the most part, except for a few positions that need a look and which we all realize.

We need to keep a core team and a coach together for at least two years to see what we have. All the inconsistent lineups and new players/coaches is what is killing this fucking franchise more than anything.

Please, for the love of God, put away the pitchforks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year I said Ryan Nelson would be sacked before season was out and everyone on this board disagreed with me, Im going with my friends prediction this time Vanney wont even make the home opener! Trust me this is whats going to happen! This group is fucken horrible, we are not even close to the average team in mls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here me out...

Kenny Cooper Caldwell

Trade Gilberto's rights for a cb and fb/gk say to Dallas for Kennedy and Hedges. Dallas get the $2-3m transfer fee for Gilberto.

This team does things so fucking well, then shit's itself. Not sure if it's coach or roster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a tough game to watch. Just lots of chaos with only a few nice moments. Tough to be a fan when it is like this but I will give this team some time still. Can we finally get Creavalle out of the RB position now? I think the experiment should be done now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Ok, here me out...

Kenny Cooper Caldwell

Trade Gilberto's rights for a cb and fb/gk say to Dallas for Kennedy and Hedges. Dallas get the $2-3m transfer fee for Gilberto.

This team does things so fucking well, then shit's itself. Not sure if it's coach or roster.
    It's just the pieces of a new team coming together and road points in MLS being much harder to come by then most are acknowledging.

It'll be the summer window before we see any major moves I'd suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg Sutton was the WORST keeper I've EVER seen on crosses into the box...Great in saving shots but pathetic otherwise....especially his DISTRIBUTION...You must have missed all his TFC games...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, some of you guys need to smoke some really good weed and chill out a bit...yeah sure we should've won, if not at least a tie, but no need for the knee jerk overreactions.

*sparks it up and passes to the left*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'd prefer if we kept Simonin on the field and just anchored a DM in front of the backline. What he might lack in pace he makes up for in passing range.

With the backline being advertised I expect the ball to be sailing over the head of our midfielders a lot.

You were prescient!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    the problem with Findley is that because of disorganization of TFC midfield and Giovinco playing CAM so not tracking back as much is that strikers also need to pitch in defensively. Findley has been playing a poacher role so far, and a poacher is a luxury role for TFC IMO. if Gio is not going to play defence (and he shouldn't be dropping back so deep) and double pivot is going to be a headache for TFC, then strikers need to do more to help out defensively.

as for the other point, let me see if this game folds like I imagine it would (I think Harry Shipp is going to look like an all star this game), and I'll present my case
    Time to present your case, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evermorian View Post
    I'm watching it on Eurosport and am finding it hilarious how much the announcers are critiquing the performances of both teams. It might be a bit of Eurosnobbery, but you can tell they are used to a higher level of play than what this game is offering.

So so are we.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    if Vanney doesn't take out Creavalle now... red card eventually.
    from now on I will just read Yohan before the game and will know what is goin to happen.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc007 View Post
    This group is fucken horrible, we are not even close to the average team in mls.
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, statistically over 4 road games, a typical MLS team would get one win, one tie and lose the rest. 4 points. We have 3. Not good enough, but put away the hyperbole about not being close to average.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-04-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Greg Sutton was the WORST keeper I've EVER seen on crosses into the box...Great in saving shots but pathetic otherwise....especially his DISTRIBUTION...You must have missed all his TFC games...
    That's my point! Shot stoppers are a dime a dozen. Good keepers are comfortable with the ball at their feet, collecting crosses, distributing, etc.

Sutton was horrible at those but so is Bendik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - so as much as it is obvious that Creavalle is not a professional soccer player. The big question is on Vanney's head - Creavalle was obviously the worst player on the park...gets a yellow card... absent right back on 2 goals... any decent coach worth his weight in salt.. would have subbed the player.

I was willing to give the guy a chance - but he doesn't have a clue. It's the most important position in a club -without a top class coach - you can't be a top class team. TFC have never had a top notch manager - it has been the biggest failing. Chicago are an average team - likely won't make the play-offs. We are not as good as them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Our lack of anything resembling composure today has been pretty staggering. If not for Giovinco and a moment of magic with Cheyrou, I'd say one of the worst performances from us in some time.
    Direct, but sadly true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I'm gonna need to start doing a highlights package with the ridiculous inconsistencies in officiating we've seen.

How does a studs up bodycheck get no card ?

How is an elbow to the face then a trip in the box not a penalty?

How is a mirror tackle on giovinco to the red from columbus on morrow not a card?

A back pass to the GK is ok?

I hope we can all acknowledge the problems with our team and the mistakes they have made this game. However does no one else wonder these things?
    not today, because despite this we should have won

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    That's my point! Shot stoppers are a dime a dozen. Good keepers are comfortable with the ball at their feet, collecting crosses, distributing, etc.

Sutton was horrible at those but so is Bendik.
    My opinion isn't that Bednik is great, but he's passable in the context of this league. I 100% get your case though.

If you were to give me a shopping list for this team gk wouldn't be in my top 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    My opinion isn't that Bednik is great, but he's passable in the context of this league. I 100% get your case though.

If you were to give me a shopping list for this team gk wouldn't be in my top 3
    Definitely not, I agree there too. That unfortunately shows how far behind we are. Most of our back line is poor and has been for 8 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Ok - so as much as it is obvious that Creavalle is not a professional soccer player. The big question is on Vanney's head - Creavalle was obviously the worst player on the park...gets a yellow card... absent right back on 2 goals... any decent coach worth his weight in salt.. would have subbed the player.

I was willing to give the guy a chance - but he doesn't have a clue. It's the most important position in a club -without a top class coach - you can't be a top class team. TFC have never had a top notch manager - it has been the biggest failing. Chicago are an average team - likely won't make the play-offs. We are not as good as them.
    That is what a lot of us are thinking...coaching wise this as bad as we have seen in the past couple of seasons.

Defence gave up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We need to win" - Tim Bezbatchenko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same old TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Vancouver went 14 straight games without a win last season.
    Hmm season eight.......... I believe. Yup why in heavens name would we want an enjoyable COMPLETE winning game of soccer. In sport I love mediocrity. (not)...
    😂 🙈I won't rag on about a disgraceful defensively display but apologists at this point are tiring.
    A coach has to have balls period and recognize, something or someone isn't on and make damn changes. Or as we all saw, lose! Play every card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

season done .... and i still haven't sat in my seat yet. doesn't matter if they finish the stadium. We will still only have 3 points by May10th.

What a fucking disgrace.
    Last edited by Qman; 04-04-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback6 View Post
    "We need to win" - Tim Bezbatchenko
    Tim you won't make it through the season. your next after the manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post

How exactly is this one game, four games into the season with an entirely makeshift back line indicative of how we'll fare the rest of the season? I honestly don't understand how there can so much evidence to support the fact that in this league you can go on long, bad runs as a team, especially at the beginning of the season, and still come out at the end with an impressive campaign, and yet people still think that a loss on the first weekend of april means we're not making the playoffs.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 04-04-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    season done .... and i still haven't sat in my seat yet. We will still only have 3 points by May10th.

What a fucking disgrace.

SKC won 1 of their first 10 when they won the east in 2011. NE lost 9 straight last year and made the final. The whitecaps went about 14 straight games in the middle of last year without a win and still got the last playoff spot in the ultra-competitive west. You really do not need to worry that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think with all the money tfc has spent on players, they would invest some of the money on a proper coach? It's like buying a Ferrari, and putting regular oil in it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still like Creavalle. A lot. He's not a regular RB. Exactly the kind of player (decent domestic at the right price) we never keep. He won a penalty that didn't get called, everyone would be singing a different tune if he gets that call.

The wind made that kind of a shitty game. That wasn't great soccer.

I don't think Vanney should have had the job but he should get the year.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-04-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”