Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Yep that curled pass into Cheyrou was a beauty. The difference between players brought up in the European system vs. NA.
    one of the things that scares me about this was remembering a Dero interview where he went on record of saying that he controlled the ball so much/took so many shoots because he didn't trust his teammates skill. i saw that from chreyou and giovinco ALL game. it's frightening to think that they could be adopting this mindset as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good:
    Giovinco. Class on the ball, easily our best player today.
    Cheyrou. Had some bad giveaways but picked his spots going forward.

Bad:
    Findley. Couldn't keep the ball under pressure, didn't do shit all game. Should not be starting.
    Osorio. See above.

Ugly:
    Creavalle. Shouldn't have been the starter over Bloom in the first place. Hopefully the last we've seen of him at right back.
    Vanney. Not subbing out Creavalle after his yellow is inexplicable. All subs came after we were already a goal and a man down. Left ineffective players on the field for too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    link or page #? i'm looking back and can't find it.
    Sorry, bottom of page 8

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I have been saying this for years now that Bendik is NOT a good keeper. Anyone with good reflexes can make acrobatic looking saves. What separates a good keeper from mediocre/bad is decision making, distribution and reading plays. Benedik is poor in all of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shhhhhh. we're looking for someone to pitchfork.
    Crevalle would be the likley suspect. However somehow that isint a penalty? I guess its ok to elbow a player in the face and trip him to get the ball now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 18s18 seconds ago 4 games on the road, with 3 to go. Lots of injuries. Premature to write off #TFC. Give them more time. Defensive lapses concerning, though.

Note the trend.

Mind you, Kristian Jack is about to wade in with a column and his teaser tweet is.

Kristian Jack ‏@KristianJack 14m14 minutes ago Really really poor performance that. Column published shortly will share link. #tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba will say "screw this" at the end of the season and pack his bags. He must be f'n pissed. He does everything to pull the team ahead, only to have it blown by our rubbish defense.

Bradley has been dreadful this year and cannot hit the side of a barn.

Altidore was invisible the entire game and only had 1 good game vs whitecaps.

Creavelle needs to be cut loose from the team. Real f'n disaster.

Bendik let in a soft goal, although you have to admit, he did come up big a few times.

Morgan played great, and deserves a spot in the starting 11.

Cheyrou holds onto the ball for too long, otherwise he had a decent game.

Vanney cost us the game with his inexperience and it was outrage that he did not sub off creavelle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He doesn't. In this league, there are quite a few players who can't score but can get free with speed. This is our second game watching that happen. First game, Crevalle gets help from Osorio and that threat is nullified. Osorio started to do that again today, but then he went missing in the second half.
    So the proper response to the threat of fast wingers who don't usually finish is to ignore it and hope they continue to not finish?

Accam, or Oduro, or Manneh, or a similar player will probably have a game or two this year when they happen to finish at least half their chances and score 2 goals. I don't want that to be against us.

He should have addressed the problem immediately. He did nothing. It's just amateur game management. I don't have - this club shouldn't have - the patience for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That might be true. I am comparing him to the better AMs, eg Nguyen and Morales, I don't separation yet.
    I don't see Nguyen cleanly beat players on his backside with a single touch, or control difficult (even ill-advised) passes in a crowd and come away with it. Morales, frankly, has had a pretty poor start to this season. He just goes missing.

Giovinco does something positive every single time he gets the ball. That is special. From what I've seen, it's him, Kaka, and then everybody else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's funny how quick people are to crucify bendik.
    did he cheat towards his wall on a free kick? yeah.
    did he set a shitty wall to begin with? yeah.

he also pulled FOUR MASSIVE saves outt've his ass that could've had this game easily end 4/5 - 2.
    Any pro goalkeeper is expected to make some difficult saves, making big saves and letting in bad goals doesn't mean you're off the hook. Good goalkeeping = reliability, which Bendik is not, made worse by his poor skills aside from shotstopping.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So the proper response to the threat of fast wingers who don't usually finish is to ignore it and hope they continue to not finish?

No, the proper response is to make sure they don't get the ball, which is what Osorio should have been doing. The line wasn't the issue. Crevalle isn't good enough and we need better from that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, WTH is happening to TFC. They're imploding like crazy. After a good game in Week 1, they're back to bad form. TFC should just buy Robbo or look into Robbo's cheap South/Central American connections for players. Sp disapppinting not getting good players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the proper response is to make sure they don't get the ball, which is what Osorio should have been doing. The line wasn't the issue. Crevalle isn't good enough and we need better from that position.
    It wasn't Vanney's biggest mistake, but it was still a mistake. His biggest mistake was probably starting Creavalle. Should have played Jackson from the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from doyle

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...w-signs-design

"And let's dial back the panic in T Dot, shall we?" - doyle

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Wow, WTH is happening to TFC. They're imploding like crazy. .

Only in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my. Every year I forget how quickly everyone freaks the fuck out here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only in here.
    Bit early to tell I would have thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Wow, WTH is happening to TFC. They're imploding like crazy. After a good game in Week 1, they're back to bad form. TFC should just buy Robbo or look into Robbo's cheap South/Central American connections for players. Sp disapppinting not getting good players.
    Vancouver went 14 straight games without a win last season.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 04-04-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik was GREAT last year...so he's allowed an amount of slack this year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Any pro goalkeeper is expected to make some difficult saves, making big saves and letting in bad goals doesn't mean you're off the hook. Good goalkeeping = reliability, which Bendik is not, made worse by his poor skills aside from shotstopping.
    Bendik is far more reliable than a lot of goalkeepers in this league. If there's one thing he has going for him it's his consistency. He had a bad game today, he'll be fine in the next one though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speckles View Post
    Bit early to tell I would have thought.
    What? Too early to tell if they are "imploding like crazy"?

They are not.

Should they have won today? Yes. The play wasn't good enough. Issues in defence need to be fixed. BUT, imploding? Only on twitter or in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's funny how quick people are to crucify bendik.
    did he cheat towards his wall on a free kick? yeah.
    did he set a shitty wall to begin with? yeah.

he also pulled FOUR MASSIVE saves outt've his ass that could've had this game easily end 4/5 - 2.
    Most keepers in any decent league will make those saves. You have to also take into account the quality of the strikers inability to put the ball past him. All that proves is that he is athletic and has fast reflexes. In terms of core good goalkeeping skills he's poor. He can't read crosses well enough to intercept them, he punches them back in the middle right to opponents feet, he has poor positioning on set pieces, he is a half second slow in stepping off his line, he has poor distribution that at best leads to loss of possession.

Good goalkeepers are more than making acrobatic saves. Greg Sutton would make those saves in the past, too!

I should add that I don't blame the loss on Bendik- I just disagree with the notion that it's not a position we should look to improving.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 04-04-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's absolutely baffling why Vanney insists on playing a high line with this squad. Especially when he uses Morgan as a wing back. We're essentially playing a high line with three, relatively unskilled, players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tsn.ca/shambolic-tfc-have...to-do-1.248091

Jack's somewhat more critical and yet still nuanced perspective. (DeVos would be chewing the scenery I suspect)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    It's absolutely baffling why Vanney insists on playing a high line with this squad. Especially when he uses Morgan as a wing back. We're essentially playing a high line with three, relatively unskilled, players.
    If he didn't play a high line everyone here would be accusing him of playing "bunker-ball".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    If he didn't play a high line everyone here would be accusing him of playing "bunker-ball".
    Didn't read any comments like that when he made the proper adjustments to the line against Vancouver...

Apparently he has the memory of a goldfish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Oh my. Every year I forget how quickly everyone freaks the fuck out here.

LOL!

And we (the forum posters) were doing so well so far this year.

I guess it couldn't last for ever.

"The Sky is FALLING!!!!"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Didn't read any comments like that when he made the proper adjustments to the line against Vancouver...

Apparently he has the memory of a goldfish.
    ACTUALLY, Vanney made the same adjustment today, and even earlier - Osorio sticking back more and supporting. And Findley was added to that mix (note who gave up the ball on the first goal).

Crevalle should have been subbed off though at 60 minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    if Vanney doesn't take out Creavalle now... red card eventually.
    Ever think of coaching.......... Tfc....... Please... .....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    LOL!

And we (the forum posters) were doing so well so far this year.

With a few exceptions, you can pretty much chart who posts what and when depending upon what is going on in the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Beautiful. Cheyrou and Gio are on another level from the rest.
    And there is the problem........... Hopefully they don't lose their desire to win...... Let's not forget Perquis........ God how we've missed him.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Number 1 problem is how our star players are being utilized, period. Vanney has Michael Bradley, Jozy Altidore, and Sebastian Giovinco, 3 WORLD class players at his disposal and they seem to go invisible. Is it because they're not skilled enough to keep up with the game? NO, it's the fact that Bradley just walks around jacking off in front of the defensive line because Vanney tells him to stay back, and it's the fact that Altidore and Giovinco are not being given the ball NEARLY enough. Every time Giovinco has the ball something good comes out of it, so how about you give him the fucking ball and tell Jozy to run into space? A primitive strategy I know, but that alone would be 100 times better than what we're seemingly doing on half of our forays forward which is giving the ball to Creavalle to put in another one of his gorgeous crosses that hit the first defender or some fan in the stands.

p.s. I honestly believe Vanney is the most competent manager we've ever had and he knows what he's doing, he just needs a little nudge in the right direction