Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Team should sign Mo Babouli to an MLS deal

He needs minutes with the first team this year. He's too good, by a mile for USL, which means he's probably pretty close to ready to start in MLS. I don't see a lot of skillset difference between him and Osorio, except that maybe Babouli is a more rounded player.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've been watching youth players come up for about thirty five years now, and he's ready. I'd rather have him cutting in as an inside-outside winger than Jackson or Lovitz. And he's a natural understudy to Seba in the hole. Reminds me of DeRo but I think his upside might actually be greater in the long run.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woooh there. 2 games in and we have the next DeRo?

He needs more minutes. He'll get it at TFCII. Let him develop. Needs to play against some of the more...ahem...physical specimens in the USL and learn to deal with space better. He's not going to start for TFC, so let him learn the craft for one season and then push Osorio/Jackson/Lovitz next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should be loaned to NASL team if he continues dominating USL Pro before signing him to first team contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much difference between NASL and USL.

He looks great, but I'm in favour of giving him time in USL until he proves he's above that level. I think so far he's shown he is, but let's see how he's doing a dozen games into the season.

If he proves he's too good for USL, he'll get a contract pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree witht he OP I'd love to see him get some 1st time minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to play and he'll gets minutes in the USL. Warming the bench won't do too much for his development. I am curious to see if Hamilton gets any minutes tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he'd already be in contention for sub minutes with us. I doubt he's below Lovitz, Chapman etc.... Those guys did not play as well in USL as he has.

Give it a few more games to be sure, but most likely he's already way past USL. Tell someone to move over...
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-29-2015 at 05:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I don't want is to overhype another promising academy kid and put him under pressure when he is not ready...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was good in L1O last year, but, some times he would be amazing, and other times he would be almost absent. USL may help to improve his overal consistency. If he keeps the momentum going that can only be good for him.

On reflection it could have been a service issue in L1O as he played striker and in USL he has been playing a wider position
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 03-29-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    what I don't want is to overhype another promising academy kid and put him under pressure when he is not ready...
    Well fair enough, but we should be detailed enough here to point out the facts and not generalize. This is not exactly some scrawny youth player who never played against men and we're asking to come onto the first team.

There's performance here to back things up. If anything, some of the other guys on this team should be pushed towards USL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think he'd already be in contention for sub minutes with us. I doubt he's below Lovitz, Chapman etc.... Those guys did not play as well in USL as he has.

Give it a few more games to be sure, but most likely he's already way past USL. Tell someone to move over...
    Just one correction, Lovitz was amazing in USL last year and was Wilmington's star player before being called up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the 2nd week in a row, Babouli makes the USL team of the week - Hamilton was already signed before he had a similar run of form

Babouli is doing a good job of putting himself in the conversation, that's for sure. Roster moves will have to be made, and the 1st team has too many strikers (Findley, Moore, Dike... one of these guys probably has to go)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The squad is good the way it is, let's ride it out to summer atleast before changes are made please.

No sense in rushing a player to sign to MLS to sit on the bench like Hamilton.

Babouli is great, but right now there is no space for him, unless he is swapped with a player like Chapman..... (who doesn't even play.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Woooh there. 2 games in and we have the next DeRo?

He needs more minutes. He'll get it at TFCII. Let him develop. Needs to play against some of the more...ahem...physical specimens in the USL and learn to deal with space better. He's not going to start for TFC, so let him learn the craft for one season and then push Osorio/Jackson/Lovitz next season.
    Why rush him to the first team so he can ride the bench behind Jozy, Findley, and all the other new toys the FO just got us... it will turn him into the Next Morgan if we bring him to the first team right now..

Let him get the time in at TFC II & Rip apart the USL for a bit before we rush another player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli makes 2nd USL Team of the Week running.