Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    good point, hadn't thought of that. i wonder what the ratio on the number of cards receded has been.

according to vanney, perquis is probable.
    https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/580406832390361088

at least that gives us.. something?
    Yeah does seem weird doesn't it. Such a stupid way to decide things as well as a farce that its called an independent review panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How about they disclose the final vote too, this league has a bunch of amateur clowns trying running the show and no one willing to instigate any punishment for what is truly an egregious call.

I mean lets not even look at the foul for a moment, HE CARDED THE WRONG PERSON AT FIRST. He couldn't tell the difference between the black and white guy? COME THE FUCK ON. He showed he was in no position to make any judgement as soon as he made that mistake.
    I watched it back again and the fact that he took so long to make the call talked to the linesman and the 4th official and made the mistake of giving the card to Perquis instead of Morrow blows my mind. Getting a second set of eyes on it fine, making the decision for a red that early in the game and not being able to know who was involved is criminal.

This guy shouldn't be reffing any leauge period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    It really wasn't an obvious error, especially in real time.
    He wasnt in a proper position to make the call on the foul in the first place. I feel bad for Gantar, actually, but you can't call a foul on a close play like that if you weren't in a position to see it - it isn't what you think happened, it is what you see happen from a proper position. For example, if the goalie handles outside the box on a long kick to him and the referee is therefore the wrong side of centre where the kick came from, the referee cannot make the call.

plus he was clearly wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Are you saying that the call was close enough that someone on the review panel could argue that the call wasn't totally horrible?

Regardless, isn't that the reason there's an appeal and a hearing? They were appealing whether the card should have bee issued, not whether the ref was out of position, or if it happened too fast for him to make the right call. Isn't the job of the panel to decide if the call is valid based on the available evidence?
    That's a good point. If there is a mechanism they could overturn the red, and say to Ganter "yeah, that was close, so you won't face any discipline for this" then I'd be fine with it, and that seems like the fair outcome.