Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Moore just got suspended one match and fined for this:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03...game-and-fined

That's a yellow card tackle... which is what he got. Why is the DisCo re-refereeing every damn thing? Christ, it didn't even make Borg's instant replay. And the tackle that did make it, Jaime's late studs up challenge on Simonin's shin, is worth nothing?

This league is so farcical at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At some point it stops being incompetent officiating and turns into biased officiating on top of the ineptitude, I think we've may have crossed that line.

The number of shit calls against us is staggering, I get that we as supporters are biased, but I doesn't feel like its balanced at all. How many times have we benefited from a garbage ref decision?
    Last edited by Richard; 03-31-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about that but I do feel MLS is ripe for corruption though if this is the level they are going to accept. How easy would it be for one of these guys to be on on the take if they'll accept decisions This bad on a regular basis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't know about that but I do feel MLS is ripe for corruption though if this is the level they are going to accept. How easy would it be for one of these guys to be on on the take if they'll accept decisions This bad on a regular basis?
    is it corruption if we pay them and ask to make a fair call?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That ruling against Luke Moore is astounding. Especially since Luke Mulholland came through the back of Luke Moore, studs up, just seconds earlier. Ref should have whistled then & given Mulholland a yellow. Yes, it's true, Moore should not retaliate either -- but the DisCo can review the tapes at leisure. To punish the one event, and say nothing about the very similar event moments earlier, is hard to believe.

It's beyond bizarre. They don't review & punish every missed call, not even all the serious ones. To pick this one out, when they should know that TFC was robbed of a goal in the same game, is just unbelievable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the yellow. I don't see it as a red card by any means so don't get the suspension.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously? tackle from behind is not a red? we'd be furious if it was the other way around
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    seriously? tackle from behind is not a red? we'd be furious if it was the other way around
    Exactly. We're furious Mulholland didn't even whistled for a studs-up tackle from behind on Moore moments earlier. No supplementary discipline either. And Sebastián Jaime, the guy fouled by Moore, got nothing for a studs-up high & late tackle on Clement Simonin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Forum software won't let me a edit a post again. Not in Chrome & not in IE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're getting punished for Jozy's tweet. TFC is in PRO's crosshairs now. Next time this happens (next game) Tim Lieweke and MLSE need to take out a full-page add in USA today, explain how PRO is broken and what is needed to fix it, and screw the subsequent fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Looking at this again I'll concede Morgan did win a lot of corners. Still find aspects of his game disappointing but that should be considered an effective array forward on the day.

Findlay needs to step up and impact the game more. No way around that.

You are are a fair man. I'll concede that Morgan has a long way to go, I just like the fact that he outperformed expectations when we needed him to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That ruling against Luke Moore is astounding. Especially since Luke Mulholland came through the back of Luke Moore, studs up, just seconds earlier. Ref should have whistled then & given Mulholland a yellow. Yes, it's true, Moore should not retaliate either -- but the DisCo can review the tapes at leisure. To punish the one event, and say nothing about the very similar event moments earlier, is hard to believe.

It's beyond bizarre. They don't review & punish every missed call, not even all the serious ones. To pick this one out, when they should know that TFC was robbed of a goal in the same game, is just unbelievable.
    moore should send the fine in cash. A jar of pennies. Canadian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on Yohan, you are deliberately stirring the pot. You cannot possibly believe that that is the kind of play the league should review for supplementary discipline, or half the league would be suspended. You are kidding. Right? Right???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that sort of challenge should be cut out, however if they want to re officiate the game they need to do all of it, not just cherry pick what they like.

Just looking at that challenge and ignoring Jamie rolls around on the ground with a slight gust of wind + the foul that was missed seconds before is a travesty.

How much more of this do we have to live with before MLS snaps out of it and actually tries to address the problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the ball to hand in second minute has been called against us multiple times. I remember one against serioux in houson a while back.

I'd agree that Were now im PRO's crosshairs.
    Last edited by JavierMartini; 04-01-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think we're getting punished for Jozy's tweet. TFC is in PRO's crosshairs now. Next time this happens (next game) Tim Lieweke and MLSE need to take out a full-page add in USA today, explain how PRO is broken and what is needed to fix it, and screw the subsequent fine.
    USA Today....Soccer coverage.... yeah.... that will be the day!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see how Moore could get a yellow or a red. That tackle was in anger and reckless - even if he nearly got the ball or at least looked like he was trying for the ball.

Just my 2 cents.

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tackle is not a red, it is from behind, but he gets the ball first and then the player. It is a yellow, as was the non call second before the play. I get that you think the MLS is the best thing that ever happened to football. But the officiating against us is not only bad, but it is biased. And I have never been one to complain about officiating y
    all the time but in the MLS against us it is over the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ball to hand in second minute has been called against us multiple times. I remember one against serioux in houson a while back.

I'd agree that Were now im PRO's crosshairs.
    It used to happen to Wynne all the time, in part it was his fault because he flapped his hands around in the box like he was trying to fly, but most cases were clearly ball to hand cases.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fine with the Moore call. It was a more dangerous play than Mulholland's. It's a sideshow to the real point.

The Hagglund call is just galling. We are Juve in reverse. We seem to attract 3-4 marginal calls against for every one we get.

The refereeing issues have affected my enthusiasm for TFC and MLS. It's been a gradual, cumulative thing, but I am used to what I see in the NBA and NHL and Europe. I can live with a second tier league, if it has second tier reffing. MLS reffing is more like fourth tier.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-01-2015 at 06:03 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am fine with the Moore call. It was a more dangerous play than Mulholland's. It's a sideshow to the real point.

The Hagglund call is just galling. We are Juve in reverse. We seem to attract 3-4 marginal calls against for every one we get.

The refereeing issues have affected my enthusiasm for TFC and MLS. It's been a gradual, cumulative thing, but I am used to what I see in the NBA and NHL and Europe. I can live with a second tier league, if it has second tier reffing. MLS reffing is more like fourth tier.
    The Ref's in the MLS are way too noticeable . They are also extremely incompetent. The offside before their goal , the simonin tackle , the dissallowed goal. If this continues I predict many beer showers at Home games for refs this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    This tackle is not a red, it is from behind, but he gets the ball first and then the player. It is a yellow, as was the non call second before the play. I get that you think the MLS is the best thing that ever happened to football. But the officiating against us is not only bad, but it is biased. And I have never been one to complain about officiating y
    all the time but in the MLS against us it is over the top.
    Moore doesn't get ball first. the way he lunges in from behind probably qualifies for serious foul play, regardless of whether he gets the ball first or not
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have been a harsh red to give. A yellow is about right. Supplementary discipline is crazy because they actually had the replay. We shouldn't defer to them - remember the goal last year on the offside when the linesman put his flag up and the ref waved it off because it deflected off one of our players? They claimed a new rule but if you watch the BPL there is no such interpretation at all. They make it up as it goes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore doesn't get ball first. the way he lunges in from behind probably qualifies for serious foul play, regardless of whether he gets the ball first or not
    I remember this clearly.

What was frustrating was that Moore was reacting to the harsh challenge he just received. I wasn't alone in thinking that if he had gone down (and didn't look like an indestructible tank) he would've earned a at least a yellow. Instead he got up and lunged at the next closest player.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with the Moore suspension.

At least they get our negative plays correct. *yawn*