Seba speaks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toron...it-injury-bug/

Molinaro's take.

Do not expect a change in approach. So 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

And then there is Lalas' take

Alexi Lalas ‏@AlexiLalas 7s7 seconds ago Great @MLS teams have great DPs, but can adapt w/o them. RT @MLS_Canada Thoughts on #TFC down 7 regulars. In Canada we don't get FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    ------------------Bendik--------------------
    --Creavalle--Hagglund--Perquis--Morgan--
    -------Warner-----------Cheyrou----------
    --Jackson------Giovinco---------Osorio---
    --------------------Moore-------------------

Bench: Konopka, Simonin, Findley, Lovitz, Hamilton, Chapman

3-0 TFC. Osorio, Hagglund & Giovinco with a goal each.
    Updated! My Hamilton/Chapman guess was pretty good, though...hope Lovitz and Hamilton get some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Seba speaks.
    It really annoys me how the Toronto reporters address their questions to the translator rather than the player. Often the player does understand a fair amount of what they're saying, so it's rather disrespectful to no address them. I remember an interview with Frings where he was answering the questions without translation, yet they still kept addressing their questions to the translator. Makes me sick [/rant]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Might not be a big crowd there sunday

https://www.change.org/p/real-salt-l...etition-no_msg
    that might the stupidest thing i've read in a while.

This won't have much of an impact on the attendance. If we all took off Sunday from work we would leave the borders WIDE open with no police or doctors available. Religious wackos will sign that crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    It really annoys me how the Toronto reporters address their questions to the translator rather than the player. Often the player does understand a fair amount of what they're saying, so it's rather disrespectful to no address them. I remember an interview with Frings where he was answering the questions without translation, yet they still kept addressing their questions to the translator. Makes me sick [/rant]
    Totally agree. The reporter and the player should be looking at each other as you would in conversation with anyone with the translator chipping in from the background. This makes it seem like the foreign players are little kids that walked into a room of 'adult conversation'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow's making the best of his time off. Sat in the same row as him at the Raptors game tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Morrow's making the best of his time off. Sat in the same row as him at the Raptors game tonight.
    Does that mean you had good seats, or is Morrow "being sent a message" with upper bowl tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    that might the stupidest thing i've read in a while.

This won't have much of an impact on the attendance. If we all took off Sunday from work we would leave the borders WIDE open with no police or doctors available. Religious wackos will sign that crap.
    Its really interesting, actually. It was only in the 90's in Ontario that you could even shop on Sundays. While most of us in our 40's and 50's don't share that view, it doesn't seem that weird that people would say no shopping no sports no work on Sunday's, because that is how it was. And it was kind of nice, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Does that mean you had good seats, or is Morrow "being sent a message" with upper bowl tickets?
    Haha, they were some decent seats, about halfway up the lower bowl. Won em' in a raffle at work.

Tried to spot some other players but I think it was just him and his wife/girlfriend. Lakers games not as much of a big draw these days. Robert Herjavec was sitting courtside though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, as a social worker, we are trained to direct our comments to the individual instead of the interpreter. I would've thought that journalists would've known the same (it is common sense)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I instinctively jumped to agree with you, because it is cringe-worthy to watch.. but, this is a tricky one; it can be VERY awkward/difficult for all involved, trying to maintain eye-contact, when you KNOW not much of anything said is being understood. Still think it's important they try to address Gio, directly, however, as, if he's any pride, that discomfort will help push him to improve his English, and prevent him becoming complacent on that front. Given Giovinco's still fairly fresh off the boat, I would give them a pass, as far as regarding it as disrespectful; if it becomes clear that he's understanding a lot more, on the level of Frings, for instance, I would agree with it being disrespectful. In every case, I think it's the wrong approach, not to address the person you're speaking of, standing right there.. but, context is important.

or

Thought I heard, somewhere, that both Simonin and Perquis have played a number of left-sided positions; would prefer to have Perquis more central, with his experience put to better use marshalling the back. Further, you would think the physical demand of an outside back might be asking a bit much for someone already playing injured/questionable and out of position.

Jackson is a risk, but so is anyone else available to us. Here's hoping he has something to prove, in a bid to see regular starting minutes (goes for a few of my selections, here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    Totally agree. The reporter and the player should be looking at each other as you would in conversation with anyone with the translator chipping in from the background. This makes it seem like the foreign players are little kids that walked into a room of 'adult conversation'.
    maybe he should speak english, he's getting paid enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realised this game is on a Sunday, wtf lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on our history over in Salt Lake, I believe we have only won once and we have lost big time there on a few occasions I am hoping for at least a draw there. This will be a great game to see about our depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I just realised this game is on a Sunday, wtf lol.
    Lol. I was flipping out at 6:30 that no one was posting the starting XI here, on twitter, or on the TFC website. Sunday soccer feels weird.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tomorrow night we get to choose between

Jerry Dobson

&

Alexi Lalas

I`m going to find the American feed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going with my old plata jersey for tmrws game.
    have to walk my knees like dorf on golf to make it look official.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll be lucky to escape with 2-1 loss, IMO. I think that we'll suffer a drubbing. I hope that I am wrong.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would start Jackson at left mid to protect Morgan. You might get a good combination from the two of them, with Morgan's attacking skill offsetting jack sons weakness and vice versa defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Might not be a big crowd there sunday

https://www.change.org/p/real-salt-l...etition-no_msg

Interesting info.
    Regarding our Home Opener . . . the match is on a Sunday and on Mother's Day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    maybe he should speak english, he's getting paid enough
    What the fuck does salary have to do with speaking English, just asking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I would start Jackson at left mid to protect Morgan. You might get a good combination from the two of them, with Morgan's attacking skill offsetting jack sons weakness and vice versa defensively.
    I would actually really like to see this.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See you at Joe's!

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    What the fuck does salary have to do with speaking English, just asking?
    The money is the motive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patience people.

Giovinco's family is here, which means his one kid and girlfriend/wife (not sure which it is). That's enough reason to learn English.

And he's living downtown right now. The guy wants to get to know the city, by all accounts.

He'll get there.

But he's not good at English yet and doesn't feel comfortable. Give him time.

According to the weather network, its going to be 19 with no wind and no humidity at game time. Perfect evening for a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tomorrow night we get to choose between

Jerry Dobson

&

Alexi Lalas

I`m going to find the American feed.
    This^, I have the option of TFC on a 70" screen or a 15" screen. I'll be watching on the 15" screen solely because of how bad Sportsnet commentating is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportsnet broadcasts are brutal. TSN is palatable.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the weather network, its going to be 19 with no wind and no humidity at game time. Perfect evening for a game.
    It's been fair weather all week in Sandy. Great weather for soccer, really. Hope we can pick up some points tonight, we gotta grab them whenever we can on this road stretch. Hope Gio has a good night, though I wonder how the altitude is gonna affect him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time TFC picked up points in Utah was in 07. I don't see TFC breaking this streak
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano