Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me the local kids look like they understand the system, everyone else looks a step behind. At worst, you'd say the draft picks look naive.
    Academy > NCAA

This is why I see NCAA becoming less relevant for us in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just wow. This team can't defend at all!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they got the lose a game in extra time thing down pat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start Roberts next game. Bono has not been good at all.

Defense needs shoring up to say the least. Hamilton is gonna score a bunch though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good first 20 mins then nothing from TFC2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an Arsenal-eque performance. I appreciate the skill but you can't back down when the other team gets physical. But I guess that's to be expected given it's boys v. men. Better to learn these lessons in the USL than on the first team.

Hamilton with very little in the way of service all game. They need to use the guy, probably their best player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we going to see this Rob Ford sign at every TFC away game this year????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is an Arsenal-eque performance. I appreciate the skill but you can't back down when the other team gets physical. But I guess that's to be expected given it's boys v. men. Better to learn these lessons in the USL than on the first team.

Hamilton with very little in the way of service all game. They need to use the guy, probably their best player.
    Some pretty shambolic defending today. Simonin left his man too loose on the first goal and guys were dropping out of position constantly. On the plus side the midfielders have skill; but you're right, as soon as Charleston dug in, it looked like pros against first-year pros, surprised at the intensity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good:
    Hamilton
    Babouli
    Charpie
    Kaye
    Simonin

The bad:
    Bono
    Morgan
    menella
    Chapman

if i havent mentioned any it means i havent notice them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very few OL1 players out there from the 2014 unbeaten team? That team could beat anyone on their day. (And they did)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    The good:
    Hamilton
    Babouli
    Charpie
    Kaye
    Simonin

The bad:
    Bono
    Morgan
    menella
    Chapman

Really? Charpie and Simonen looked pretty bad to me. Charpie with a whole bunch of reckless tackles and Simonin was to blame for the first goal and did not marshall the defence well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a plus side, the stream was excellent

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets not forget

That was basically a very very young expansion team vs. a league team who have some of the same people and the same coaching staff for over 10 years.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    U think the commentator would have a team sheet as its Mannella off and Hamilton helping him Lol

Oh dear me :@(
    The main commentator is the owner of the Battery btw, it's something he likes doing.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well they got the lose a game in extra time thing down pat.
    We train them well. They've spent years learning from the pros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Lets not forget

That was basically a very very young expansion team vs. a league team who have some of the same people and the same coaching staff for over 10 years.
    QFT. They adjusted at the half, it was very difficult for the squad to respond to that.

I thought it was a very entertaining game (from both sides), especially after the dreck in the league today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    The good:
    Hamilton
    Babouli
    Charpie
    Kaye
    Simonin

The bad:
    Bono
    Morgan
    menella
    Chapman

It's funny how people see things differently. I thought Charpie and Kaye were the two worst players on the pitch today, and Simonin was directly responsible on the first goal. Bono had a bit of a howler but also made a pair og great saves. Chapman was one of the better players on the pitch. Morgan played okay; he only blew one cross and he wasn't caught on position, which is an improvement.

Menella was pretty weak, Hamilton was good, Babouli was on a different level, the only one out there today who looked like a first-team contributor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, funny that. I thought Kaye was impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Really? Charpie and Simonen looked pretty bad to me. Charpie with a whole bunch of reckless tackles and Simonin was to blame for the first goal and did not marshall the defence well.
    The sloppy tackles was Fabrizi and simonin was better on the ball then chapman + he had an assist . I dont know what game you watched but charpie played better than morgan who has 50+ MLS games under his belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yea, funny that. I thought Kaye was impressive.
    Yes he was the best TFC2 on the pitch today too bad he ran out of gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's funny how people see things differently. I thought Charpie and Kaye were the two worst players on the pitch today, and Simonin was directly responsible on the first goal. Bono had a bit of a howler but also made a pair og great saves. Chapman was one of the better players on the pitch. Morgan played okay; he only blew one cross and he wasn't caught on position, which is an improvement.

Menella was pretty weak, Hamilton was good, Babouli was on a different level, the only one out there today who looked like a first-team contributor.
    Chapman and Menella gave the ball away more than Ty Harden did in one season they played bad. I know it was their first pro game so i hope that improves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the game may have been just a mix of over confidence (first 20 mins) and nervous tension (last 70 mins) I'm sure J Bent will sort out the good from the bad for the meeting in Montreal
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 03-21-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun game, pretty good overall for the first game for the team ever and the first pro game for almost all of the players. The back four was pretty shocking but the team was good overall for a long road trip against a decent USL team.

The only bad thing from a TFC point of view was how average Ashtone Morgan looked. He should be dominating at this level at this point. Jordan Hamilton just scores everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Fun game, pretty good overall for the first game for the team ever and the first pro game for almost all of the players. The back four was pretty shocking but the team was good overall for a long road trip against a decent USL team.

The only bad thing from a TFC point of view was how average Ashtone Morgan looked. He should be dominating at this level at this point. Jordan Hamilton just scores everywhere.
    The way Hamilton blew by that fullback at the byline you have to wonder how much benefit he's still getting from playing at this level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way Hamilton blew by that fullback at the byline you have to wonder how much benefit he's still getting from playing at this level.
    They ran into that last year and that is why he was sent to Portugal.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he could get the papers I wonder how he would fair in League One in England. Might be the appropriate level for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton should get time in the Voyageurs Cup for sure and occasionally in MLS deeper into the season when we have injury and fatigue to deal with. If Montreal can get minutes for a guy like Porter (I know they have zero striker depth, but still) we should be able to find some for Hamilton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Hamilton should get time in the Voyageurs Cup for sure and occasionally in MLS deeper into the season when we have injury and fatigue to deal with. If Montreal can get minutes for a guy like Porter (I know they have zero striker depth, but still) we should be able to find some for Hamilton.
    Lol I get your point that Hamilton needs to play more. I agree.

But Porter got drafted into the perfect team that has probably 3 strikers where we have 6 that could all start on that Impact team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Hamilton find time with the first team? Luke Moore is admirable but is it a stretch to say Hanilton could bring something similar and has the potential for loads of upside?

That being said there should be room for rotation, especially with international dates and the odd injury which is inevitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Academy > NCAA

This is why I see NCAA becoming less relevant for us in the future.
    Disagree. There will only be so many spots available on TFC II for academy players to jump into. The smart thing would be instead of just cutting ties, send them off to top NCAA programs to continue playing for 1-4 years. Not sure why TFC are behind on this but the top teams in MLS appear to have relationships with be best local and national programs to send their players out to. It's not perfect, but it does serve a purpose. Added, from a Canadian perspective, if a player went to Georgetown for example, they would likely be scouted by NYRB, DCU, Union and if TFC still didn't want them, they would have been 'in the shop window' for another club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Disagree. There will only be so many spots available on TFC II for academy players to jump into. The smart thing would be instead of just cutting ties, send them off to top NCAA programs to continue playing for 1-4 years. Not sure why TFC are behind on this but the top teams in MLS appear to have relationships with be best local and national programs to send their players out to. It's not perfect, but it does serve a purpose. Added, from a Canadian perspective, if a player went to Georgetown for example, they would likely be scouted by NYRB, DCU, Union and if TFC still didn't want them, they would have been 'in the shop window' for another club.
    The idea that a pro league is going to substantially benefit from kids who weren't good enough as teenagers playing for another few years at a college level seems a bit counterintuitive. Not good enough by that age is usually pretty much it; sure there are the guys who slip through the cracks, but there's a reason players go pro at 18 all around the world, and its usually because they've been in a top residency program with a pro club from age 14 on.

Nothing stops the ones who don't make it from going to college now; Dom Dwyer and Steve Zakuani were both on club books as teenagers in England but were released and went to university and showed they're good enough for this level. So I see what you're saying. But the reality is that if we had the youth infrastructure to the same level of coaching quality and residency as the clubs in the UK, not many MLS players would come out of the college ranks.

It will happen eventually; sure, keep up relationships with schools now. But be aware that in the future, trying to start an MLS career at 24 is going to see sort of absurd.