Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Could Hamilton find time with the first team? Luke Moore is admirable but is it a stretch to say Hanilton could bring something similar and has the potential for loads of upside?

That being said there should be room for rotation, especially with international dates and the odd injury which is inevitable.
    I'd love to see Hamilton get first team mins, but it's hard to argue for him vs an ex EPL striker who potted 6 goals last season. I think Moore gets a shot first, then Hamilton if Moore sucks or gets injured
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings to my old RPB friends from the Land of Shrimp and Grits, it's been too long. I posted a message on the BS.com forum so forgive me if I repeat myself. Below is a link to some game photos from Mrs. BT. Her galleries are in game order so the photos will follow the scoreline. She got a good sequence of your 2nd goal with our GK stumbling, our centerback recovering the ball, Babouli stealing it from him then shooting from an acute angle. It happened right in front of the supporters section where I was standing, the whole sequence was depressingly stunning. And to be fair to Morgan or whoever was supposed to be marking our tall centerbacks, you can see from the photos that both our goals were massive goalmouth scrums, people are all over each other and a leg just gets thrown out that happens to get a touch on the ball for a goal. To be fair, if that had happened to us, I would say we were a bit unlucky.

To the question about the gator, yes, he/she is still in the pond behind the stadium, getting bigger/fatter every year. Yes, the game got a bit rough cause the ref sucked for both sides, a lot of obvious contact didn't get called and the players for both sides took the gloves off in the 2nd half. I saw one of our guys crush your player from behind and was sure he was going to get tossed.....a foul was called but no card of any color. To be honest, I was a little happy to see us using some muscle, most of the time, I think we're too nice. And yes, the USL is, for the most part, more brawn than finesse. If you have a bit of talent and finesse, you should be moving up the ladder.

As for age, as opposed to the past, when we were the oldest team in the league, we're all in on youth now. We have 1 hometown player who's about 28 and been with us since college but most of our players have been with us 3 years or less and I'd say our average age is about 24-25. And our total payroll is about 5% of what Altidore makes so talent wise, I'm going to say a typical USL team vs a MLS2 squad should be a fair fight.

It was a bit surreal seeing a Toronto team playing in Blackbaud Stadium and not have a couple dozen screaming drunk Cannucks to enjoy the game with. And hearing the Canadian National Anthem without King Dave singing it a cappella just wasn't the same. Good luck on your season and hopefully our paths will cross again.

http://www.kimmorgangregory.com/SPO....Toronto-FC-II/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bribetaker View Post
    Greetings to my old RPB friends from the Land of Shrimp and Grits, it's been too long. I posted a message on the BS.com forum so forgive me if I repeat myself. Below is a link to some game photos from Mrs. BT. Her galleries are in game order so the photos will follow the scoreline. She got a good sequence of your 2nd goal with our GK stumbling, our centerback recovering the ball, Babouli stealing it from him then shooting from an acute angle. It happened right in front of the supporters section where I was standing, the whole sequence was depressingly stunning. And to be fair to Morgan or whoever was supposed to be marking our tall centerbacks, you can see from the photos that both our goals were massive goalmouth scrums, people are all over each other and a leg just gets thrown out that happens to get a touch on the ball for a goal. To be fair, if that had happened to us, I would say we were a bit unlucky.

To the question about the gator, yes, he/she is still in the pond behind the stadium, getting bigger/fatter every year. Yes, the game got a bit rough cause the ref sucked for both sides, a lot of obvious contact didn't get called and the players for both sides took the gloves off in the 2nd half. I saw one of our guys crush your player from behind and was sure he was going to get tossed.....a foul was called but no card of any color. To be honest, I was a little happy to see us using some muscle, most of the time, I think we're too nice. And yes, the USL is, for the most part, more brawn than finesse. If you have a bit of talent and finesse, you should be moving up the ladder.

As for age, as opposed to the past, when we were the oldest team in the league, we're all in on youth now. We have 1 hometown player who's about 28 and been with us since college but most of our players have been with us 3 years or less and I'd say our average age is about 24-25. And our total payroll is about 5% of what Altidore makes so talent wise, I'm going to say a typical USL team vs a MLS2 squad should be a fair fight.

It was a bit surreal seeing a Toronto team playing in Blackbaud Stadium and not have a couple dozen screaming drunk Cannucks to enjoy the game with. And hearing the Canadian National Anthem without King Dave singing it a cappella just wasn't the same. Good luck on your season and hopefully our paths will cross again.

http://www.kimmorgangregory.com/SPO....Toronto-FC-II/

Ha ha bribetaker nicely said! Thanks for the gator info -- I thought there was a whole squad in there, ready to gobble up whatever came their way. (I was hoping we could get a couple on loan, our 1st team backline is really thin these days.) I'm sad I never made it down to the tournament at your club in years past, always sounded like a great event.

Funny, even though I watched most of the game on the weekend, I've already forgotten most of it....

BTW, there's something wrong with the link to the photos in your post, maybe you can edit your post/fix the link? I get "404 Page not found."

Thanks for stopping by!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd love to see Hamilton get first team mins, but it's hard to argue for him vs an ex EPL striker who potted 6 goals last season. I think Moore gets a shot first, then Hamilton if Moore sucks or gets injured
    I don't think it's too uneven. He always looks capable whenever he plays. Rohan Rickets used to play in the epl too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

BTW, there's something wrong with the link to the photos in your post, maybe you can edit your post/fix the link?
    Thanks...not sure what happened, but lets try that again.

http://www.kimmorgangregory.com/SPOR...Toronto-FC-II/