Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New TFC interviewer is dreadful?

I'm to the point where watching a simple interview has me face-palming before the question is even finished. Either she needs to find someone to write the questions for her or the person writing the questions needs replacing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree

Strongly.

Go back and see the interview when Seba came in that she did with management. She teased out the Gilberto question and an answer. That's an inside interviewer getting a journalist question asked and answered.

She is very good.

I'll take her over the Dan Dunleavy and hockey sludge we are used to in this city.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I.. I can't believe this thread—no.. REALLY.. there's a THREAD for this!

She's the best we've ever had, man; this comes off as thinly veiled sexism. Maybe she should just do interviews topless, to distract from her horrible questions. o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    this comes off as thinly veiled sexism.

I had higher hopes for discourse, JuliquE. You always struck me as more thoughtful than that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I'm to the point where watching a simple interview has me face-palming before the question is even finished. Either she needs to find someone to write the questions for her or the person writing the questions needs replacing.
    Edited your title to reflect the obvious debate that's happening here.

Also: There is nothing sexist about what you've said. If people infer that from you wanting someone to write questions for her to ask that is on them.
    example: If any famous celebrity were doing the interviews without experience we may want to get them some writing help regardless their gender.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-10-2015 at 08:57 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shes okay.

I'd like to see cabbie in there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link to interview?

No one who truly cares about eradicating sexism throws the word around haphazardly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of her TFC stuff can be found here.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/channel/interviews

How anybody can complain about her after Dunleavy just boggles my mind.

Go watch some of the in house game commentary done for every other team in this league. Its cringing. The only decent in house guys out there are the SJE crew and Shep Messing.

You want bad, listen to Cobi Jones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is a massive massive upgrade on Lee "Talk to me about" Godfrey

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her name is Danielle Emanuele. I think she's pretty good. She has a certain way of talking, and a certain accent, that I can understand some people wouldn't like. However, for a company-internal interviewer/media/PR person, she's actually quite good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And she's easy on the eyes...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She's had a few suspect interviews, Her questions seem very canned - Questions you can ask almost anyone in any sport and get the same answer - she doesn't get too deep into a topic. Also - Her delivery is very robotic. It's painful to listen to her finish a question.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I.. I can't believe this thread—no.. REALLY.. there's a THREAD for this!

She's the best we've ever had, man; this comes off as thinly veiled sexism. Maybe she should just do interviews topless, to distract from her horrible questions. o.0
    This is the dumbest comment in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    She's Godfrey's replacement and she's a 1000 times better.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Her name is Danielle Emanuele. I think she's pretty good. She has a certain way of talking, and a certain accent, that I can understand some people wouldn't like. However, for a company-internal interviewer/media/PR person, she's actually quite good.
    Now this feels wrong. Not what you said, Auzzy, but the fact we waited half a page to name her.... . Thanks for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Agreed. Although the best of all time was that guy who did the oddball segments in year 2 or whatever.

Something like tod Dunivant walking along the lake shore then he jumps out of the bushes and starts hitting him with questions (lol).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed. Although the best of all time was that guy who did the oddball segments in year 2 or whatever.

Something like tod Dunivant walking along the lake shore then he jumps out of the bushes and starts hitting him with questions (lol).
    Wasn't there also some little kid that did interviews for a while? (no comment concerning the quality there. Just want confirmation it wasn't a dream )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    She's Godfrey's replacement and she's a 1000 times better.
    This time a million

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post

I had higher hopes for discourse, JuliquE. You always struck me as more thoughtful than that.
    Fair enough, I did have a think about it, before posting.. but, I decided to go ahead with it, anyway, because, when you listen back to her questions, and her finesse in handling trickier topics, it's really hard to understand what someone might have a problem with, other than the idea that "women shouldn't be covering a man's sport," or some such.

Whatever—I stand by my comment; I could be wrong, but, to me, that's how it comes across.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, I did have a think about it, before posting.. but, I decided to go ahead with it, anyway, because, when you listen back to her questions, and her finesse in handling trickier topics, it's really hard to understand what someone might have a problem with, other than the idea that "women shouldn't be covering a man's sport," or some such.

Whatever—I stand by my comment; I could be wrong, but, to me, that's how it comes across.
    That's fine, but it all boils down to an opinion of a reporter doing her job. By projecting sexism on to the issue, you've now changed the subject form that of a woman doing her job and how she's perceived at it, to the fact that any criticism of her has to be the result of her lady parts. Which ironically enough, is sexist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    This is the dumbest comment in this thread.
    Uh, oh.. kay.. internet guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wasn't there also some little kid that did interviews for a while? (no comment concerning the quality there. Just want confirmation it wasn't a dream )
    Oh god, a blast from the past, CV2, believe he lost the gig when his dad took a job with FC Dallas.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you dislike her, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. She won't be here long.... are they ever? Just another bimbo who sees this as a stepping stone to lord knows what.

Based on her own words, her only knowledge of soccer was orange slices at half time before she got this job.
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-10-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god CV2. That was the reason I stopped watching TFCTV interviews several years back. So much entitled cringe from a supposedly serious organization.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    That's fine, but it all boils down to an opinion of a reporter doing her job. By projecting sexism on to the issue, you've now changed the subject form that of a woman doing her job and how she's perceived at it, to the fact that any criticism of her has to be the result of her lady parts. Which ironically enough, is sexist.
    There will be situations where sexism is on display, without it being made explicitly clear; a bit of a stretch to call the person of whom suspects that to be the case "sexist."

That said, I concede that my comments lacked a bit of tact. Apologies, then, JavierMartini (still remember you creating that profile, after Martina's two-goal game, against an expansion Portland side); hope you'll forgive me for thinking your feelings weren't as advertised.

Honestly, though, I am really dumbfounded, here, on what she could be doing so wrong. Whilst she might sound a bit robotic, at times, she also has about the smoothest delivery I've heard, rarely making a mistake and probably more production-friendly (time constraints). Even still, she's definitely shown a lot in the way of personality, especially noticed when she was covering the DP announcements (i.e. making a few jokes and generally chummying up to her interviewee). She doesn't always get to the heart of the matter or ask the really deep questions, but, then, hardly anyone club-affiliated ever has, nor is expected to (we look elsewhere for that). That said, she has certainly thrown a grittier question or two in, that maybe wasn't scripted, but she rolls with things so smoothly, that there's little to no awkwardness in so doing.

I didn't much hate Lee Godfrey, but I've still found this Danielle Emanuele to be a real breath of fresh air.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    If you dislike her, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. She won't be here long.... are they ever? Just another bimbo ....

Now that is sexist......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Now that is sexist......
    No, it's not. She said she didn't know anything about soccer when she was trying to win the contest but here she is anyways. Am I sexist for pointing that out?
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-10-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    No, it's not. She said she didn't know anything about soccer when she was trying to win the contest but here she is anyways. Am I sexist for pointing that out?
    In that case, what's the equivalent term for when a guy does the same thing? I'm pretty sure it's not bimbo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't beleive I got sucked into reading this thread, what a waste of space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    In that case, what's the equivalent term for when a guy does the same thing? I'm pretty sure it's not bimbo.
    Mimbo. Not a Seinfeld fan I take it.