Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    @jabbronies ; Sorry man, I don't do outrage.

Your expanded post (above) explains your opinion, but it's confrontational. People aren't ignorant just because they see things differently to you.

Yes, @JuliquE ; could have stated their thoughts with less hyperbole, and perhaps he/she will do so in future.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all take a moment to think about our posts. About how they'll be perceived, and how much value they add to the overall conversation, before submitting them ?

Part of message boards will always be taken up by folk lurking in the shadows, waiting to spew vitriol at the first poster who doesn't share their view.

But let's not have that here.

That's what I meant by 'Do Better'.
    Cuttin' me deep, man.

But, yeh.. great post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVERYONE... JuliquE is a dude!

Let's get it straight!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not happy that this thread is happening.

If you know Danielle Emmanuele - I do - you know she's an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a strong work ethic. And she's hardly out of Ryerson. She auditioned for the part of stadium TV host and lost in the final selections. But MLSE saw enough potential in her to bring her on board and work to develop her for their in-house media system.

That's a Major compliment. It's not one that's gone to her head. Far from relying on her telegenicity, she works hard to do research and arrive prepared. Soccer is not her natural environment - hockey is - but she's adapting nicely. I don't expect Kristian Jack-calibre insight from her, but she can think on her feet and adapt quickly. She has a great broadcasting career ahead of her and I'm glad she's around TFC this year.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 03-11-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post

If you know Danielle Emmanuele - I do - you know she's an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a strong work ethic. And she's hardly out of Ryerson. She auditioned for the part of stadium TV host and lost in the final selections. But MLSE saw enough potential in her to bring her on board and work to develop her for their in-house media system.

That's a Major compliment. It's not one that's gone to her head. Far from relying on her telegenicity, she works hard to do research and arrive prepared. Soccer is not her natural environment - hockey is - but she's adapting nicely. I don't expect Kristian Jack-calibre insight from her, but she can think on her feet and adapt quickly. She has a great broadcasting career ahead of her and I'm glad she's around TFC this year.
    This thread isn't about Danielle (as far as I know) the irony is it is about Shari but people didn't bother to learn her name before complaining.

(though I honestly can't say for sure we don't see the person, I'm assuming it is Rachel's replacement not a GolTV person.)
    Last edited by Kaz; 03-12-2015 at 12:17 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This thread isn't about Danielle (as far as I know) ....

The OP maker has yet to clarify this.

As the first responder, I just automatically assumed that "interviewer" meant the GOL person, as we havn't seen the new host do anything yet beyond a Youtube introduction.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post

And I'll add that it doesn't take a soccer/footy background to fall in love with the game and people surrounding it. I've met a couple broadcasters that have adopted our game and have done just fine for years.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shari was on the same bus as me this weekend to/fro Columbus. I haven't seen her on tv or the website yet, but certainly she was nice and personable with all of us on Sat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Guys like you and Tobor! are why I keep coming back to this forum (there have been countless other examples, mind—some in this thread). 'Preciate it, man.

I could have, though, found a way to get the point across in a less belligerent fashion.

That said, and I get the confusion, but.. I'm a dude. heh
    "He" made a good point.....!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I'm to the point where watching a simple interview has me face-palming before the question is even finished. Either she needs to find someone to write the questions for her or the person writing the questions needs replacing.
    You must be joking. She's (Danielle) been excellent so far. One of the better interviewer's we've had. League's better than some of the footy pundits out there in the media.

Also, to those thinking this isn't about Danielle, I'd have to think it is because it was posted well before Shari was announced as the new in game host. Plus Shari is just that, the in-game host, not the "interviewer".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    You must be joking. She's (Danielle) been excellent so far. One of the better interviewer's we've had. League's better than some of the footy pundits out there in the media.

Also, to those thinking this isn't about Danielle, I'd have to think it is because it was posted well before Shari was announced as the new in game host. Plus Shari is just that, the in-game host, not the "interviewer".
    Danielle's quite talented, that's obvious. I was a journalist for twenty-three years, guys, and I can count on one hand the number of broadcasters who did proper research on a story and asked probing questions. I've seen her do both already, including putting Bez on the spot about Defoe, while knowing how to soft-pedal it enough to both get an answer and not get fired.

She's doing well. I'd give her a shot if I was hiring.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-29-2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: remove spam link

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanWillson View Post
    Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours. Your task is to prevent yourself from weird questions during the interview:
    Any particular reason to rehash an old thread from March of 2015 for your first post? I think everyone is fairly happy with Danielle's work and there has been nothing on this forum to say otherwise for a very long time that I have seen.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours. Your task is to prevent yourself from weird questions during the interview:
    Interesting first post. Positive in a negative thread turned positive. Glad you can add your positivity even if its well after the fact.

Not sure about "our task" collectively, though. Strange direction. We have a blog section but its related to footie.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours.
    wut?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from her obvious lack of soccer knowledge, embarrassingly long winded questions and constant grammar errors, she’s great!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You guys are replying to a spambot.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I am replying to a spambot
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    She's had a few suspect interviews, Her questions seem very canned - Questions you can ask almost anyone in any sport and get the same answer - she doesn't get too deep into a topic. Also - Her delivery is very robotic. It's painful to listen to her finish a question.
    I have seen her on TFC broadcasts on TSN doing sideline reporting and I'm in the same boat, her questions and delivery come across as very generic. This is standard level of performance for inexperienced reporters but quite cringe worthy to watch.

Usually a pleasant voice and appearance can tide things over till they become competent but personally, I'm not fond of her voice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tune into the Official Red Patch Boys Podcast on Spotify and Apple Music.

https://open.spotify.com/show/09Tk3GUscsd2ca1wl4mao1?si=vr_u5SdqRvm4HMqKYBE1wQ&d l_branch=1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr k View Post
    I have seen her on TFC broadcasts on TSN doing sideline reporting and I'm in the same boat, her questions and delivery come across as very generic. This is standard level of performance for inexperienced reporters but quite cringe worthy to watch.

Usually a pleasant voice and appearance can tide things over till they become competent but personally, I'm not fond of her voice.
    She’s gotten a lot better since I made my original comment.

Her questions actually have substance to them now. She’s been asking some pretty tricky questions that i don’t think another reporter could ask and get away with. She is super fucking hot and I’m sure that’s why guys like Bradley let her ask the questions she does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Danielle, good to see you on here! Are you single?? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Oh god CV2. That was the reason I stopped watching TFCTV interviews several years back. So much entitled cringe from a supposedly serious organization.
    +1
    That was terrible.

Having said that, I have no idea who this other interviewer people here are referring to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    +1
    That was terrible.

Having said that, I have no idea who this other interviewer people here are referring to.
    CV2 was a kid doing interviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    CV2 was a kid doing interviews.
    Yeah exactly. They have got to get someone that knows how to do the job other than an executive's son. Shit was embarrassing.
    Last edited by MartinUtd; 11-30-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Yeah exactly. They have got someone that knows how to do the job other than an executive's son. Shit was embarrassing.

He is/was the most cringe-worthy kid in existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you quoted my horrible grammar and missed words lol