Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2620
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomez will be our #3 forward next season - he earned that last night. Gosh did he work hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny Ings out for the season injured at Liverpool, Daniel Sturridge is always good for picking up injuries. Get ready for some lazy journalist to put 2 + 2 together and have Seba as Klopp's saviour for the kop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Danny Ings out for the season injured at Liverpool, Daniel Sturridge is always good for picking up injuries. Get ready for some lazy journalist to put 2 + 2 together and have Seba as Klopp's saviour for the kop.
    Nope. Already listed as being Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topic of Discussion: would you be upset if Jozy was traded or sold in January? Because I certainly wouldn't be, especially considering what 4.75m gets you in terms of DP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Topic of Discussion: would you be upset if Jozy was traded or sold in January? Because I certainly wouldn't be, especially considering what 4.75m gets you in terms of DP's
    Doubt they do it. Altidore is Bradley's best friend and is happy to be here. After, Gilberto and Defoe, happy to be here might be exactly what we need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see alot of people saying we need to use TAM on a DM. What's the status of Cheyrou? Is he gone next year? Because transfermarkt says he's under contract through 2017

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I see alot of people saying we need to use TAM on a DM. What's the status of Cheyrou? Is he gone next year? Because transfermarkt says he's under contract through 2017
    I pray he's here Atleast 2-3 years ... Love the guy and his work ethic and okay on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Agreed, we need to forget about Gilberto. It was a worthwhile experiment, but he's simply not what the team needs right now.

We need defenders. A full back, a centre back and possibly a depth midfielder to cover for international call ups.
    For that money I would want someone who doesn't miss as many games due to injury, entirely avoidable red cards for petulance and call-up friendlies tor a national team I root against. But it won't happen and I do cheer for Jozy and appreciate his good qualities, especially his finishing touch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all the games be missed, and silly red cards, he's still 10th highest scorer in the league. He's BFFs with Bradley and Gio. Unless he requests out, he isn't going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hunch is either Seba or Altidore will go and they'll bring in a creative attacking mid. Think Vanney wants to play a 4-2-3-1 and have more defensive balance to the squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba ain't going anywhere. Just get that stuff out of your head.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind getting someone else in altidore's place but dont want to ruin any positive vibes between the DPs although they are professionals and would get over it. He does have good numbers but the missing games, and injuries, reds is quite frustrating. CD and goalie are needed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore is part of this winning squad, and you shouldn't ever break up a winning squad unless you really have to. I also think he's done enough to justify his DP status, 12 goals in first season back in the league is better than a lot of other DP's have done in the past!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Altidore is part of this winning squad, and you shouldn't ever break up a winning squad unless you really have to. I also think he's done enough to justify his DP status, 12 goals in first season back in the league is better than a lot of other DP's have done in the past!
    Agree with all of these points. Why break up something that is working?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't know a player until you see two full seasons. Jackson is a case in point. Would be happy to see Alti stay for next year. A settled team with 2-3 tweaks is all we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    After all the games be missed, and silly red cards, he's still 10th highest scorer in the league. He's BFFs with Bradley and Gio. Unless he requests out, he isn't going anywhere.
    Reminds me of my son's high school report cards - great when he attends, popular and contributes a lot to the class, but needs to apply himself more consistently next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    this is not really valid for 2 reasons....
    1) Barca doesn't wear the "European" flag, or Spain for that matter, at all.....they pretty much represent the city and Catalonia only.
    2) MLS is still generally seen as a poor quality league in Italy, so the fact that a European "conquered America" would be nothing to brag about for sure to them.

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about Giovinco leaving for another European team.....if another Italian team comes calling, I'd be a little more concerned, but even still it would be a long shot he goes back imo, as long as he can play for TFC and still stay in the Azzurri picture.
    He's given no indication to wanting to leave, and not only that but seems to be integrating himself with Toronto (ie. his "stir it up" Jays goal celebration at last home game), is being paid well, and is able to go about living his life without the media interference like in Italy.
    The majority of people on the planet identify themselves in the following order of importance: tribe, community, municipality, regionally, province/state, nation, continent (I suppose North Koreans would be an exception). So if you were of Irish descent and living in Richmond Hill you would probably see yourself as an Irish-Canadian first, a Richmond Hillian (or whatever they call themselves) second, a member of York region third,a Southern Ontarian fourth, an Ontarian fifth, a Canadian sixth and a North American last (I guess you can add Earthling as your last level of identity once the aliens finally show up). The same goes with Europeans. Catalonians might see themselves this first and foremost, but they also see themselves as Europeans as well, it's just that their identity of being European doesn't take precedence of being Catalonian. Europeans identify with each other better than they identify with people from other continents, the exception would be those European countries which border other continents where the people of the two continents have mixed (see Russia). So Seba being Italian does matter because there's a certain level of immediate acceptance that Europeans would have of him that players from North America would not enjoy. Also I found out Seba's second goal against New Jersey made the sports highlight reel in Portugal (as it deserves to), so yes the whole "European conquering America" angle does appear to exist. Not sure if the Italian media or any other European media have picked up on the goal.
    Also Barcelona is a professional sports team. They are interested in winning championships and making money, not playing politics. If they weren't they wouldn't have an Argentinian as their #10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone remember former failed Tottenham wunderkind John Bostock? Finally got a starting job somewhere last season in the Belgian second division and wound up with 13 goals and 19 assists, winning player of the year. Got his club promoted to the first division, and has two goals and an assist in eight games so far this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When does julios benfica contract end?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik starting for no reason?
    Bet its his last game here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When does julios benfica contract end?
    June 30, 2017 (source: Transfermarkt)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anyone remember former failed Tottenham wunderkind John Bostock? Finally got a starting job somewhere last season in the Belgian second division and wound up with 13 goals and 19 assists, winning player of the year. Got his club promoted to the first division, and has two goals and an assist in eight games so far this year.
    Thrilled for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never understood why we got rid of him. Of the English contingent Nelsen brought over he was easily the one with the most upside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Never understood why we got rid of him. Of the English contingent Nelsen brought over he was easily the one with the most upside.
    Because he was utterly useless here on a team where he had a chance to thrive as a go-to guy. I'm glad it worked out for him, but I'm shocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    Because he was utterly useless here on a team where he had a chance to thrive as a go-to guy. I'm glad it worked out for him, but I'm shocked.
    Yeah cuz Nelsen was great at getting the best out of his players. He played like 7 games for us and was obviously talented. Give him a coach and some players to work with and he could definitely have been a good player for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree Nelsen had anything to do with it. Bostock was not a team player and had a history of it. Talent is worthless if you don't have the right attitude. My lasting memory of him is at BMO, us getting the ball out of our box after some pressure with a chance to counter attack and him trying to dribble through 3 players instead of making an easy pass, giving the ball away, which lead directly to a goal against.

If I recall he also had a history of having excellent debuts for each club he's played for, and after seeing what he was like I always guessed that his technical ability lead him to do well early before the team really settles into what they're trying to do together as a unit, but after that honeymoon period he becomes a liability.

That being said if he's finally figured out what it takes to be a pro that's great for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Jackson won a fullback spot? Quite a revival from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out:
    Bendik (too expensive to be a backup)
    Kantari (too error/red card prone to start, too expensive as depth)
    Findley (too expensive for what he brings... although did look better late in season)
    Moore (made expendable by Herc)

Shopping List:
    #1 or #1B Goalkeeper
    #2/3 CB (cheaper replacement for Kantari)
    Wide MF
    Destroyer (TAM?) (work into lineup as eventual Cheyrou replacement)

This off-season list is actually not all that daunting, and should FINALLY allow for some consistency from one season to the next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Out:
    Bendik (too expensive to be a backup)
    Kantari (too error/red card prone to start, too expensive as depth)
    Findley (too expensive for what he brings... although did look better late in season)
    Moore (made expendable by Herc)

Shopping List:
    #1 or #1B Goalkeeper
    #2/3 CB (cheaper replacement for Kantari)
    Wide MF
    Destroyer (TAM?) (work into lineup as eventual Cheyrou replacement)

This off-season list is actually not all that daunting, and should FINALLY allow for some consistency from one season to the next!
    I would ship out both Bendik and Konopka if we are going to drop some coin on a top keeper. Have Q and Bono take turns as the backup.

Other than that i agree with your statement although i would be tempted to give manella a shot and if not bring in a DM in the summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Has Jackson won a fullback spot? Quite a revival from him.
    I think so. A healthy Bloom can back him up next season.