Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Dont think theres room on the roster unless we move some folk

Maybe we can get Doniel back for the summer. we could use him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Maybe we can get Doniel back for the summer. we could use him.
    Think he's out for at least 6 months with an injury

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes because that line of thinking got rid of MLS Cup winner Joao Plata. FFS we were paying him under $50k/year....
    Two things in my post: first; we have a short forward already. How many would we need when we are already at the roster max of players and two; my main point was that with little roster space (barring trades) we need defenders.

That was my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough U&P - we do need defenders especially a RB & LB. But Vanney needs to organize this team to defend. 3 forwards that don't defend with wing backs that are attack minded & that can't defend is going to kill us. Vanney has to figure out how to get a clean sheet in this league. If he is unable to organize the team to achieve that - then he is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough U&P - we do need defenders especially a RB & LB. But Vanney needs to organize this team to defend. 3 forwards that don't defend with wing backs that are attack minded & that can't defend is going to kill us. Vanney has to figure out how to get a clean sheet in this league. If he is unable to organize the team to achieve that - then he is done.
    I agree we need help in the back but I think our weakest links are RB and CB. We need to replace Caldwell with a younger, quicker, more athletic CB to pair up with Perquis ( i know... not many in MLS fit that description and those that do would come at a great price) and a starting RB to step in and get Creavalle out of there. IMHO Morrow is a good MLS LB with Morgan being sufficient as a backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right that RB is far more of a problem than LB. I like what I've seen from Morgan going forward - still uncertain defensively. I do think that Haaglund will be a starter in the future - I think he will develop well. If a better CB comes available (Like Kendall Waston - what a signing he was for Vancouver) then it will be worth a shot - but the bigger problem is how the team is organized at this stage.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have an update on Perquis ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Anyone have an update on Perquis ?
    I believe they said Friday that he, Caldwell and Bloom are all training again and will be ready for the weekend.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mod note:

Discussions related to prior-year trades have been cleaned up. This thread is for future/current news/speculation/rumours.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read on the tfc site that we received allocation becauase Vancouver sigbed Cristian Techara who we had first refusal to.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? I've never heard of him before

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I just read on the tfc site that we received allocation becauase Vancouver sigbed Cristian Techara who we had first refusal to.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? I've never heard of him before
    He was a potential plan b if Seba and (insert names that include Altidore) were not signed. There is also some speculation he was also still being considered as an allocation paid down player before Cheyrou was signed.

Mariner level scouting indicates he's a left sided midfielder with more ball control skills then Manneh. He gives VCWC some maturity if teams do what we did in the second half in Vancouver.

Once Cheyrou was signed, he was not coming here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really looking forward/scared out of my fucking mind for the unions contract list to come out this year. really want to know how much we're having to pay down Cheyrou and Perquis with garber money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He was a potential plan b if Seba and (insert names that include Altidore) were not signed. There is also some speculation he was also still being considered as an allocation paid down player before Cheyrou was signed.

Mariner level scouting indicates he's a left sided midfielder with more ball control skills then Manneh. He gives VCWC some maturity if teams do what we did in the second half in Vancouver.

Reportedly he is also slightly shorter than plata.

Vancouver has good relationships in south america and saw him during their numerous scouting trips last year.
    Last edited by Qman; 04-13-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

So essentially we got something for someone who was no longer even on our radar. I'll take it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hardly listen to TFC interviews anymore, I usually can't stand it, heard it all before.

However, I like this guy, I like what Cheyrou has to say:

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2015/0...-april-14-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I hardly listen to TFC interviews anymore, I usually can't stand it, heard it all before.

However, I like this guy, I like what Cheyrou has to say:

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2015/0...-april-14-2015
    I suspect he's a very patient man; almost all of the questions were cultural, instead of about the team and the defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noted that Jurgen Klopp is leaving Dortmund at the end of the season. Any possibility MLSE will throw a wheelbarrow full of money at him to take over for Vanney? Or maybe as a consultant for a couple of months to give the coaching team pointers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh no.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could throw less money at Arena and get him for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Just noted that Jurgen Klopp is leaving Dortmund at the end of the season. Any possibility MLSE will throw a wheelbarrow full of money at him to take over for Vanney? Or maybe as a consultant for a couple of months to give the coaching team pointers?
    LMAO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    cute idea....extremely unlikely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klopp... yea .. right... .. back to my cave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alberto Aquilani could move to MLS at the end of the season, according to the Fiorentina man’s agent.
    The midfielder’s current deal expires at the end of this season, and it was revealed in March that no talks had taken place.
    With the former Liverpool man’s affairs now being handled by a new agent, Andrea D’Amico, there is a possibility he could follow Sebastian Giovinco to MLS.
    “Aquilani is a top player,” D’Amico told SportItalia.
    “He’s a player with a great record. I haven’t spoken to anyone, but I’m sure we’ll get a satisfactory outcome, a high-level project, whether that’s in Italy or abroad.
    “MLS, where Giovinco now plays will soon become an important League, with all the multimedia communication which we’ve neglected.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any team with a hole in the midfield could do with him but he won't come cheap, either in transfer or wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Alberto Aquilani could move to MLS at the end of the season, according to the Fiorentina man’s agent.
    The midfielder’s current deal expires at the end of this season, and it was revealed in March that no talks had taken place.
    With the former Liverpool man’s affairs now being handled by a new agent, Andrea D’Amico, there is a possibility he could follow Sebastian Giovinco to MLS.
    “Aquilani is a top player,” D’Amico told SportItalia.
    “He’s a player with a great record. I haven’t spoken to anyone, but I’m sure we’ll get a satisfactory outcome, a high-level project, whether that’s in Italy or abroad.
    “MLS, where Giovinco now plays will soon become an important League, with all the multimedia communication which we’ve neglected.”
    Would be great to see Aquilani in MLS and De Rossi has also hinted at a move.

I would also like to see the reds splash cash at Mexes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea on how much allocation we have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    any idea on how much allocation we have?
    Nobody knows how much allocation we have.
    I'm still trying to find out the 2015 roster rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did Larsen tweet about Eckerlsey yesterday? Is there something there? He would be a great fit right now but who do you lose off the roster and how do you afford him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Why did Larsen tweet about Eckerlsey yesterday? Is there something there? He would be a great fit right now but who do you lose off the roster and how do you afford him?
    This one?

Find myself wondering where Richard Eckersley is. Based on a Google search, he's unattached. Where will he land? #TFC #RBNY
    I think he's just musing about our need for cover at fullback. Even if Ecks was back on the radar it wouldn't be for anything close to what we paid him before.

Also, noticed Larsen posted a screenshot of the RPB board (something about portu not liking him). Is he a professional journalist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I saw on fb, someone suggested Dike requested a trade and that Seattle was interested.