Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I agree, but remember the Caldwell-Perquisite pairing? now that NEEDED pace
    We've defending much defending much deeper than at the start of the year and we aren't getting beaten with the ball over the top. That's with Zavaleta who is slower than Molasses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    We've defending much defending much deeper than at the start of the year and we aren't getting beaten with the ball over the top. That's with Zavaleta who is slower than Molasses.
    If Zavaleta is slower than molasses than how slow is perquis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From some guy in Morocco on our potential new defender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

translates to
    "Disciplined & good defender. Hes an international and played next to Benatia (Scheisse Bayern) on National team"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the kind of CB we need to pair up with Perquis. Also, for the point of him being a Moroccan international, I'll point out that a European that's capped by Morocco is about as impressive as a European capped by the United States MNT. If they can cap you, they will cap you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More impressive is that he played for awhile, not just one tourney. Less impressive is a defender no longer on the NT after the age of 27.

Mind you, experience playing in the qualifiers in the African Nations might be useful - gotta be a little bit like playing against less technical MLS forwards trying to jump all over your feet (go see the stomp by Connor Casey in today's USOC).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I'd like us to look down south and get some guys on cheap loan deals alla Dallas, Vancouver and Montreal.

Cabrera (60k), Techera (60k), Cigriliano (130k)

River Plate loan out their fringe players that have come up through their academy like candy. I'd really like Bez and co to try and re-explore that. They scouted SA in the winter and had Techera on their discovery list
    Nothing makes me tear my hair out more than our neverending lack of interest in this proven strategy.

Why would you spend 900K on 3 french internationals when you can spend $400K on 3 latin americans, and are very likely to get similar outcomes?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive only seen a bit of Techera, hes been decent but not sure he'd fit into our current system. Dunno about the other guys, have they played much? Have they been effective in a positive manner? Dont really feel like Montreal has the best defense... I agree id love to have some cheap effective guys but lets see how our potential guy pans out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Ive only seen a bit of Techera, hes been decent but not sure he'd fit into our current system. Dunno about the other guys, have they played much? Have they been effective in a positive manner? Dont really feel like Montreal has the best defense... I agree id love to have some cheap effective guys but lets see how our potential guy pans out
    I wasn't saying get those particular players, my point was more that they are cheap and out performing their contracts atm.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Nothing makes me tear my hair out more than our neverending lack of interest in this proven strategy.

Why would you spend 900K on 3 french internationals when you can spend $400K on 3 latin americans, and are very likely to get similar outcomes?
    Bez knows there is value in SA. He's scouted there and put guys on the discovery list from there. Gotta think Vanneys french fetish is getting the better of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

translates to
    "Disciplined & good defender. Hes an international and played next to Benatia (Scheisse Bayern) on National team"
    Watch your grammar, it's Scheiss Bayern (or Scheiß Bayern).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't saying get those particular players, my point was more that they are cheap and out performing their contracts atm.

Bez knows there is value in SA. He's scouted there and put guys on the discovery list from there. Gotta think Vanneys french fetish is getting the better of him.

getting Cheyrou and perquis on 575k combined isn't so much a fetish as it is good business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    No I'm pretty sure he got it right the first time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor was I, just meant good examples provided they're are producing more than their worth, which I wasn't sure of as I haven't been paying attention to them

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    No I'm pretty sure he got it right the first time
    hahahaha I honestly don't know which is correct my German has gotten worse without practice over the years, my written being the worst of the two. Just typed how I'd say it. Pretty sure the difference is one means to shit on Bayern which I ok with, the other means they are shit. I opted for what I believed to be the latter, although ill reiterate I'm ok with the former

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind, I'm exhausted. Meant one means to shit Bayern, the other Bayerm is shit. Either way I suspect Im wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    getting Cheyrou and perquis on 575k combined isn't so much a fetish as it is good business.
    Except we know that's not their actual salaries and they are being paid down from over max salary levels with allocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor was I, just meant good examples provided they're are producing more than their worth, which I wasn't sure of as I haven't been paying attention to them

Techera has two goals in 12 games and Cabrera started in most of their CCL games and has logged 700mins in the league. That's excellent value for 60k each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any potential to see some new faces in the friendly tonight?

I guess there hasn't been any mention of any more trialists recently tho... Maybe that Moroccan ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I think good organization will overcome pace any day of the week.
    Going by FM15 which by the way has one of the most impressive scouting systems around he looks good enough to be a okay CB in MLS. But yeah he is slow and doesn't have great anticipation which doesn't help.

Here is a screen (max stats 20 in each btw): http://postimg.org/image/s3y9qz8if/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except we know that's not their actual salaries and they are being paid down from over max salary levels with allocation.
    This narrative is still going on? Salary numbers released by the union don't reflect allocation because the union isn't privy to that kind of information. And the numbers released are for the benefit of agents, so there's no reason to fudge numbers if they can avoid it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    This narrative is still going on? Salary numbers released by the union don't reflect allocation because the union isn't privy to that kind of information. And the numbers released are for the benefit of agents, so there's no reason to fudge numbers if they can avoid it
    Narrative? It's fact.

If you really think Perquis and Cheyrou are only being paid 360 and 250k...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting guys from Latin America has it's own problems. Of the ones that we got the only one that was truely a stud cost a lot of money (Laba). Urrutti?? Bust. Techera? Other than a few runs per game hasnt' done much more than what you'd get out of Findlay.

Cabrera, Cigri?? meh again, I think these guys' roles can be filled by NA talent. I'd rather spend my money on guys with experience. Cheyrou and Perquis have been immense for us this year. 500k for those two was money very well spent. Adding another CB with Ligue 1 experience can only help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to my last point... I see Cheyrou as a good comparison to Juninho with LA. He's making 100k less than Juninho but providing so much more value in experience and confidence to the younger generation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than Findley, I have no issues with how management has allocated player salaries this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narrative? It's fact.

If you really think Perquis and Cheyrou are only being paid 360 and 250k...
    Chicago, Kansas City, LA and NYC all have four players with salaries officially listed above the DP limit of $436K. Why aren't the salaries of non-DPs like Diskerud ($700K) and Mike Magee ($467K) and Dom Dwyer ($518K) listed below the limit if the numbers include allocation usage?

These numbers are published by the players union. Publicly publishing artificially low salary figures does nothing to benefit the players.

Great job by Bez getting two quality starters so cheaply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember those two centre back we got from SA when Winter was here? Aceval and ???. Yeah how did that turn out lol.

Laba aside the chance for success is extremely low, not to mention the many convoluted systems in place down there that makes it like going through a minefiled to get a player.

Didnt MLSE have to build a training facilty for Urruti's club?

Personally I think Africa is a much better place to find gems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Remember those two centre back we got from SA when Winter was here? Aceval and ???. Yeah how did that turn out lol.
    Ya, Geovanny Caicedo. Conceded a penalty in preseason and left before even playing an actual game for us. That's all I remember from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Submitted without comment: Aceval Goal vs. Santo Laguana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freshfreshfresh View Post
    Chicago, Kansas City, LA and NYC all have four players with salaries officially listed above the DP limit of $436K. Why aren't the salaries of non-DPs like Diskerud ($700K) and Mike Magee ($467K) and Dom Dwyer ($518K) listed below the limit if the numbers include allocation usage?

These numbers are published by the players union. Publicly publishing artificially low salary figures does nothing to benefit the players.

Great job by Bez getting two quality starters so cheaply.
    They don't.
    There are also players listed as DPs with salarys in the union release less than the DP threshold.
    Have a deleted tweet from Timbers owner Meritt Paulson on this...

@maofootball union #'s don't show portion ofsalary paid thru allocation, or cost to us, former team etc. a # of guys onmore than shown

Fri May 25 20:17:34 +0000 2012 -merrittpaulson
    Source:
    http://www.tweetbunker.com/?action=search&username=%40merrittpaulson

Steven Goff@SoccerInsider
    Exactly RT @kylejmccarthy: Best to treat #MLS wages as guide rather than gospel in terms of salary budget issues. Allocation $ plays role

Kyle McCarthy@kylejmccarthy
    As always, it is worth noting that the MLSPU salary list is more of a guide than hard-and-fast truth. #mls

Kyle McCarthy@kylejmccarthy
    Usual caveats about MLS Players Union salary numbers still apply: treat them as a rough guide, not incontrovertible truth. #mls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laba aside the chance for success is extremely low, not to mention the many convoluted systems in place down there that makes it like going through a minefiled to get a player.

Didnt MLSE have to build a training facilty for Urruti's club?

Personally I think Africa is a much better place to find gems.
    Have to disagree with this. Lots of clubs have gone down there and scooped talent. AW and PM clearly didn't know where to start. SA and Central America are still the primary feeders of intl players to MLS.

This club has simply never been able to successfully navigate that market, but that doesn't mean it's a bad place to look. Ignoring it would be criminal IMO.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-22-2015 at 01:25 PM.