Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we highlighting wide open shots? We all know hes had decent mid field games, but we need defence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    are we highlighting wide open shots? We all know hes had decent mid field games, but we need defence.
    No, I'm responding to the person who said they were not sure if he scored.

Regardless, well taken goal. Dude should not play defence for us. Midfield isn't the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. Creavalle has been half decent at times as a backup wide midfielder, but he has been an unmitigated disaster on the back line. Of course, Vanney is partly responsible for continuously playing him at RB.

In any event, I think we can do better as far as a utility player off the bench.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No, I'm responding to the person who said they were not sure if he scored.

Regardless, well taken goal. Dude should not play defence for us. Midfield isn't the issue.
    I said I didn't know if he had any own goals this season.

And I think the goals he has been directly responsible in conceding would outnumber that one (good I admit) goal by what 4 or 5 to 1?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The total lack of football sense doesn't get any better in the mid ... It's just less noticeable than someone constantly burning you at the back post.

He has no place on a team with ambition.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The total lack of football sense doesn't get any better in the mid ... It's just less noticeable than someone constantly burning you at the back post.

He has no place on a team with ambition.

I doubt he's here next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt he's here next season.
    Same here. I guess we should be thankful they are long term thinking. The stuff we saw with Mo was really a house of cards where they constantly mortgaged the future for the sake of the present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA just got gerrard and used the new core player rule to buy down omar gonzalez to sign gio dos santos. So what's our move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    LA just got gerrard and used the new core player rule to buy down omar gonzalez to sign gio dos santos. So what's our move?
    I have to think it's a right back or a center back, whichever he can get. He obviously doesn't have faith in Bloom or Jackson in that role and Creavalle has washed out so he'll probably go for a right back first, as Simonin is healthy again an Zavaleta has done pretty well so far. But I think they know Perquis is too erratic to be the number one guy and they need another center back, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defense = # 1 priority and we should be actively looking for a solution to this. I really was impress with Zavaleta when he was in. Perquis seems like a liability to me.

I don't think however NYFC would have put 4 past us if M. Bradley was in for that game though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just something to be aware of

Pretty much every decent player can't be released without compensation unless they are young.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Well they had Gerrard back in January but realistically, they are not somebody we are competing with this season.

They will have to give up on one of their 4 DP types in 2016 - my money is on Gerrard leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they had Gerrard back in January but realistically, they are not somebody we are competing with this season.

They will have to give up on one of their 4 DP types in 2016 - my money is on Gerrard leaving.
    You're forgetting the MLS rules chart. MLS will release a new rule next year allowing them to keep all 4 of Gerrard, Gonzalez, Keane Dos Santos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other teams keep making moves. Timbers sign 22 year old Argentinian Lucas Melano to a DP deal and use targeted allocation to pay down Adi to make him a Core Player.

Will be an interesting one to watch, this. He's got 5 goals in 12 appearances this year in the Argentinian Primera Division, but that includes a 4 goal game. Hasn't managed more than 5 in a season yet. Obviously looks like more of a long term move. Curious to see how he starts, though that's not always a great indicator of future success (look at Rivero - best start in the league for a striker this year but he hasn't scored in what seems like forever now).

I hope Bez is close to getting something done here soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to wonder if there is even a new signing coming up at all. The team desperately needs a RB or CB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel very certain one is coming, still plenty of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis is not the problem. The problem the last two games is that Cherou has not been at the bottom of the diamond. HE is the difference defensively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Starting to wonder if there is even a new signing coming up at all. The team desperately needs a RB or CB.
    Still expecting Ferati. No idea if Caldwell retiring can improve or add on to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Itching for some rumors. Been too quiet for my liking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Itching for some rumors. Been too quiet for my liking.
    seems to be the case with thsi FO. That being said they do always provide. I have no doubt they know what we are lacking ATM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    seems to be the case with thsi FO. That being said they do always provide. I have no doubt they know what we are lacking ATM
    My morning twitter and google news searches in various languages are fruitless, damm you Bez!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salary rules final out:

• SALARY BUDGET: The salary budget will increase from $3.1 million per club in 2014 to $3.49 million in 2015 (12.5 percent) and will increase by roughly 5 percent per year thereafter, as follows: 2016 – $3.66 million; 2017 – $3.845 million; 2018 – $4.035 million; 2019 – $4.24 million. In addition, new allocation money, including the Targeted Allocation Money announced by the league last week, will be issued each year of the agreement to each MLS team in the following amounts: 2015: $250,000; 2016: $250,000; 2017: $300,000; 2018: $300,000; 2019: $350,000. As a result, the average salary of senior roster players who are not Designated Players will increase by roughly $60,000 over the course of the agreement, and should be approaching $200,000 by 2019.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by areathrasher View Post
    my morning twitter and google news searches in various languages are fruitless, damm you bez!!!!

hahahah fo is on lockdown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of me misses the old days when we used to have several pages of banter over unsubstantiated rumors, LOL. This front office is methodical and professional, but it's certainly not as much fun for us on the sidelines.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think its Fabiano Santacroce If nothing else, because of his agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Salary rules final out:

• SALARY BUDGET: The salary budget will increase from $3.1 million per club in 2014 to $3.49 million in 2015 (12.5 percent) and will increase by roughly 5 percent per year thereafter, as follows: 2016 – $3.66 million; 2017 – $3.845 million; 2018 – $4.035 million; 2019 – $4.24 million. In addition, new allocation money, including the Targeted Allocation Money announced by the league last week, will be issued each year of the agreement to each MLS team in the following amounts: 2015: $250,000; 2016: $250,000; 2017: $300,000; 2018: $300,000; 2019: $350,000. As a result, the average salary of senior roster players who are not Designated Players will increase by roughly $60,000 over the course of the agreement, and should be approaching $200,000 by 2019.
    Nice to get at least some allocation numbers. Though we still don't know how much teams get in CCL success allocation or "you suck" allocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching the canm23 play last night at the Pan Am's. During the game Nigel Reed was talking about Kevon Black from the academy and pdl team, Black is a left back. I thought Nigel said that Black would be signing a first team contract soon. Did I hear that right? Anybody else watch the game and catch that? Maybe I heard it wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have faith that Bez and Vanney will sign the right player to help our defence.

Personally, I think we are one or maybe two defenders away from being a cup contender. Knock on wood, but something about this group feels special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strait shooter View Post
    I was watching the canm23 play last night at the Pan Am's. During the game Nigel Reed was talking about Kevon Black from the academy and pdl team, Black is a left back. I thought Nigel said that Black would be signing a first team contract soon. Did I hear that right? Anybody else watch the game and catch that? Maybe I heard it wrong.
    Didn't watch the game but I have seen black in the past and was impressed. He's more than an athlete and has some good skill too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think its Fabiano Santacroce If nothing else, because of his agent.
    Articles from the last week out of Italy stating that he is fit and ready and has options abroad. No mention of any club.

https://translate.google.ca/translat...ter&edit-text=