Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skies At Night View Post
    Hmmm... This story was from June 24 this year off the Toulouse web site...

One thing seems certain: the TFC wants to bring Cicinho ( see elsewhere) . But 20 Minutes relayed information indicating an imbroglio in the transfer. Indeed, the Brazilian right side was sold to the company Elenko Sports for 720,000 euros. The same company will take care of transferring the player in Toulouse ... except that another company , Teisa , which holds rights to Cicinho , wants to go to court . For them, 720,000 euros are too low, especially as a clause in the contract Cicinho indicate that it can not be sold at less than two million.

Pending an outcome in this story , it is worth remembering that in Brazil , the players are " owned " by several companies , a practice illegal in France .
    This is from a journo in Seville
    Alejandro Sáez@AlejandroSaez86 Jul 4
    Cicinho también cuenta con ofertas de Brasil (Bahía), Turquía (Besiktas) y MLS (Toronto y Colorado Rapids) #SevillaFC

Although thinking back, Larson flat out said there was no merit to it when it first came out.

Guess, we will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    What happened to that Italian reporter who was linking every other player with TFC a couple months ago. He's gone quiet.
    Last night

M Orr@SirBobOrr 14h14 hours ago
    @DavidAmoyal Anything on a possible Italian player coming to Toronto FC during window? Speculation is ripe here.

David Amoyal@DavidAmoyal 14h14 hours ago
    @SirBobOrr Galoppa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sebas brother is in town..hopefully that doesn't mean anything. He's a forward in the 3rd tier of the Italian leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Last night

M Orr@SirBobOrr 14h14 hours ago
    @DavidAmoyal Anything on a possible Italian player coming to Toronto FC during window? Speculation is ripe here.

David Amoyal@DavidAmoyal 14h14 hours ago
    @SirBobOrr Galoppa
    Ah. Will be nice whenever Bradley takes off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 11m11 minutes ago
    Campagnaro to Toronto FC rumours are inaccurate, I'm told.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is from a journo in Seville
    Alejandro Sáez@AlejandroSaez86 Jul 4
    Cicinho también cuenta con ofertas de Brasil (Bahía), Turquía (Besiktas) y MLS (Toronto y Colorado Rapids) #SevillaFC

Although thinking back, Larson flat out said there was no merit to it when it first came out.

Guess, we will see.
    Definitely saw the Colorado rumor elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Klute is having trouble breaking into Columbus's lineup and Columbus are stacked at FB with Chad Barson in the mix as well. He's be a good addition. Kevin Alston as well.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 07-07-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skies At Night View Post
    Hmmm... This story was from June 24 this year off the Toulouse web site...

One thing seems certain: the TFC wants to bring Cicinho ( see elsewhere) . But 20 Minutes relayed information indicating an imbroglio in the transfer. Indeed, the Brazilian right side was sold to the company Elenko Sports for 720,000 euros. The same company will take care of transferring the player in Toulouse ... except that another company , Teisa , which holds rights to Cicinho , wants to go to court . For them, 720,000 euros are too low, especially as a clause in the contract Cicinho indicate that it can not be sold at less than two million.

Pending an outcome in this story , it is worth remembering that in Brazil , the players are " owned " by several companies , a practice illegal in France .
    TFC = Toulouse Football Club ... At least in this case I would assume. Not the first time we've had this mix up.

Nice city, if you get the chance to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro now7 seconds ago
    MLS window open tomorrow. Vanney says no deals/player signings are imminent. #TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro now7 seconds ago
    MLS window open tomorrow. Vanney says no deals/player signings are imminent. #TFC
    we've heard this before havent we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    we've heard this before havent we?
    Yea, when the last transfer window closed and nobody was signed

In all seriousness, I don't expect anything to happen quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is they're going after Galloppa although theres many hurdles to complete the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro 2m2 minutes ago
    FWIW: Source tells me very unlikely that #TFC is going to sign Daniele Galloppa, even though he had a lengthy training stint here.

The Cheyrou signing came out of nowhere, I expect similar this window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro says that a source states TFC is very unlikely to sign Galloppa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Molinaro's work as a journalist, but he said the same thing when the Giovinco rumors initially surfaced. We'll see what happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/on-the-pitch/os-javier-chicharito-hernandez-unlikely-to-sign-with-mls-orlando-city-20150707-post.html

Orlando CSC beat reporter indicating the asking price for Dos Santos and Hernandez. Methinks Chicarito is using MLS as a bargaining chip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A. Totera ‏@4totera 1h1 hour ago @mattdam05 keep this name in mind Alberto Aqualini if Galloppa doesn't work out key word IF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd really like Aquilani.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aquilani would be fun in a "How the heck are we going to put Cheyrou, Aquilani and Bradley together?" sort of way.

But only after we resolve our RB problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bez can pull off one of Galloppa or Aquilani in addition to a defensive piece this summer, I will tattoo his name on my forehead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I like Molinaro's work as a journalist, but he said the same thing when the Giovinco rumors initially surfaced. We'll see what happens.
    I don't think he claimed a source then, he just dismissed it because he thought it was far-fetched. Who knows how much cap
    room we have right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll predict this - Leiweke doesn't smirk in public about players no one knows (except us soccer lifers). He is not interested in bragging about Parma or Sevilla defenders. If he is hinting at something, it's a huge name most everyone has heard of. Leiweke is a star-effing horse trader of the first rank.

btw I still think one or both of Bradley and Altidore winds up at a US team eventually, they make little sense here from a marketing POV. So I wouldn't rule out a DP, now or ever, just because our slots are full.

Leiweke is frequently a blowhard, so it may well all be about nothing.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-07-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If Bez can pull off one of Galloppa or Aquilani in addition to a defensive piece this summer, I will tattoo his name on my forehead
    Anyone have Bez' contact to send this to? I want to see the proof of this when it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Anyone have Bez' contact to send this to? I want to see the proof of this when it happens.
    Come at me Bez!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'll predict this - Leiweke doesn't smirk in public about players no one knows (except us soccer lifers). He is not interested in bragging about Parma or Sevilla defenders. If he is hinting at something, it's a huge name most everyone has heard of. Leiweke is a star-effing horse trader of the first rank.

btw I still think one or both of Bradley and Altidore winds up at a US team eventually, they make little sense here from a marketing POV. So I wouldn't rule out a DP, now or ever, just because our slots are full.

Leiweke is frequently a blowhard, so it may well all be about nothing.
    I agree Bradley and Altitore should be traded to US teams. Doesn't make sense having USMT DPs here. It burns me when they get pulled away constantly. For me DPs should either be out of the International team or Canadian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    I agree Bradley and Altitore should be traded to US teams. Doesn't make sense having USMT DPs here. It burns me when they get pulled away constantly. For me DPs should either be out of the International team or Canadian.
    +1

As much as I like the Bradley Jozy combination, I definitely would prefer and I'm sure a lot of us would prefer that they are Canadians. But the only Canadian worth a DP contract would in the current CMNT pool would be Hutch, and I would give him that new core DP contract.

All in all, I hate how we have such key pieces to the USMNT, (meaning they're gone at any official or unofficial international match), but I so like how TFC looks right now.

Lets trade Jozy for Kaka and Bradley for Castillo & Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The advantage this is really imo is that we can go out and use more international spots to fill holes in other parts of our roster. We're lucky really, because we only have a few quality non-DP domestics - other teams would require more to make it work. I don't mind. Agree it makes more sense for them to be on other teams. But then again, we could do a lot worse.

MLS is going to continue to have these sorts of problems until the media draws more attention to what's going on and the fans demand better. It's bad enough that MLS doesn't obey the FIFA schedule, what's even worse is the USMNT doesn't either and we lose players for regular season games to they can play in cash grab friendlies. It's basically taking you paying customer for granted.

Obviously we're not the top league in the world - but the way it's run makes it look like a sideshow spectacle at times. Imagine the NHL or NBA allowing Crosby or Lebron to skip a game to play somewhere else. They would be destroyed in the press. Heck, when Popovic rested half his starters for the fouth game in five nights against Miami, the league came down on him hard (and he had a much better reason for his actions than the USMNT does). NHL / NBA take what they put in front of fans seriously. MLS in the best of my estimation - is over-marketing covering flaws and quick gimmicks to make a buck.

I'm tired of this league crying poor and cutting corners while they collect hundreds of millions in expansion fees.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-07-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's remember that there were some grumblings about Jurgen and our FO making a deal for Bradley (and Jozy to a lesser extent because he was injured) to be gone for extended periods of time in preparation for the gold cup when we didn't have to release him. In return The U.S. wouldn't call him up for a some of the fifa dates during the run in in the fall.

The things about the USMNT is they schedule a ludicrous amount of friendlies, many of them on unofficial Fifa dates where we don't have to release our players. I don't mind letting them go now if we get them back for our ludicrous 10 out of 14 home games to finish the season.

I don't mind at all having Bradley and Altidore. With Bradley at the WC last year the US became my team. It's also nice to punch the big US markets in the gut by getting two of their three most marquee players. I don't care what nationality they are, Bradley is the best player in the league and Altidore is in the top 10-15 when he's healthy. I don't know why everyone thinks they wont stay here. They love it here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reasoning is simpler. Exactly how many people in Toronto are buying seats or tuning in to watch Bradley or Altidore? These players, unlike Gio, have almost no possibility of providing a return based on personal appeal.

These two players only make the club more appealing to a tiny fraction of the fan base - us! A group that will largely be there with or without them.

Leiweke brought those players in because they would come, and because they are short cuts to a better team but anyone else could conclude that these signings make no sense and that he was papering over management shortcomings with $65M. Someone else's $65M.

I think the next guy will want to move these guys for assets like Kaka or Pirlo that move the TV needle.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-08-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My reasoning is simpler. Exactly how many people in Toronto are buying seats or tuning in to watch Bradley or Altidore? These players, unlike Gio, have almost no possibility of providing a return based on personal appeal.

These two players only make the club more appealing to a tiny fraction of the fan base - us! A group that will largely be there with or without them.

Leiweke brought those players in because they would come, and because they are short cuts to a better team but anyone else could conclude that these signings make no sense and that he was papering over management shortcomings with $65M. Someone else's $65M.

I think the next guy will want to move these guys for assets like Kaka or Pirlo that move the TV needle.
    So to you signing really good players who are clearly a class above this league is a "short cut to a better team"? Like, I guess. But that's a really weird way to look at it. Teams try to sign better players then the ones they currently have to improve a roster. If they're much better than what you have, so be it. You dole out some very confusing cynicism occasionally.

For them to leave to an American team you'd have to be living in a world where we would trade the face of our franchise, the captain, and best player in the league. There's no package anyone could give us in the league that would make up for that. A few thousand more seats and jerseys sold in Columbus or Kansas City or New Jersey probably isn't as profitable for the league as a fully functioning and vibrant club here, where we get 30, 000 each game and pay the highest ticket prices and buy a considerable amount of merchandise.

Altidore I could theoretically see. He's a very particular type of striker of which there seem to be many around right now; big, athletic, surpisingly good touch and a very good finisher, so replacing him with a top quality striker wouldn't at all be impossible. But I take it he's still Bradley's best friend in the game, And I doubt anyone outside New Jersey is showing up in droves to watch Jozy.

Neither is leaving. It's in nobody's interest for them to leave. They all love it here. No need to freak ourselves out over complete conjecture.