Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Interesting things from that article.

Donadoni expected to take over TFC as Vanney is making team play too defensively.

With Donadoni there could come 3 players: Santacroce could arrive this week, although it is mentioned that this will happen when TFC imminently releases Caldwell's contract. After that the team could get Belfodil and possibly Galloppa (CM.. maybe a playmaker?).

Lots and lots of Rumours here.. We'll see if Caldwell is out in the next few days like it's stated.
    Ya whether Or not Caldwell leaves in the next few days will prove just how valid the info is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donadoni expected to take over TFC as Vanney is making team play too defensively.
    Which was my point in keeping him in the Deathwatch thread. I am giving him full credit for that and they (in theory) want him sacked for it?

Oh well, whatever. I said wait for a better manager and I will assume Donadoni should be better. At least command more respect. I don't see this going down they way it's written but I do believe we are playing the Italian angle hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's when you know the article is full of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That's when you know the article is full of shit.
    Agreed. Vanney has chosen to hold onto leads rather than continue pressing but otherwise they have been moving forward very well the last 2 months or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article implies that Donadoni has been in contact with TFC several times in recent weeks. I am curious as to whether or not there is any truth to that because if so, there could very well be something brewing.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 05-25-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I'm sure TFC FO has been all over Italy by now, I can see the need to fill the power vacuum when TL leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Oh I'm sure TFC FO has been all over Italy by now, its questionable whether we're getting a new president before the new MLSE boss is in though.
    I am sure it wouldn't matter since new MLSE boss will most likely have no clue about soccer and be more focus on hockey side. TFC needs a president who knows the game to run this club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id be pretty livid if they fired Vanney at this point. Especially for Donadoni, i do not for the love of me see him succeeding here.
    I gotta say im a bit skeptical of this article, too many players coming over including players with big salaries ie Cole.
    I can see one or two from Parma tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney should have never been hired in the first place. He has made far too many mistakes this season. The numbers says it all, this team should be sitting in the top 3.

This team is bound to crash and burn with vanney behind the wheel. The sooner he is gone the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Vanney should have never been hired in the first place. He has made far too many mistakes this season. The numbers says it all, this team should be sitting in the top 3.

This team is bound to crash and burn with vanney behind the wheel. The sooner he is gone the better.
    Agreed. This team is underperforming and should be doing better on-field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Agreed. This team is underperforming and should be doing better on-field.
    Bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    FIFA as in the video game? Do we really use those metrics?
    I would take much more stock in Football Manager 2015 ratings (as many managers have been known to use it as a scouting tool).

Relative to O'Dea, he's better at crossing, dribbling, technique, and much faster. Also, slightly better marker than O'Dea.
    However, O'Dea is better in the air. It'd be similar comparing him with Steven Caldwell, with Caldwell outshining him in terms of mental ability, and in the air.

Concerning is his rock bottom natural fitness rating, which would seem to suggest not lasting the full 90 and injury proneness (he also has an injury proneness rating of 18, really high)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney hasn't had a lot to work with because of injuries and an imbalanced roster. To suggest that our club should be a top 3 team at this point with our start to the schedule is unrealistic.

We have made strides defensively in recent weeks and our ball movement continues to improve. Vanney has earned the right to stay the course in my books. Give him the benefit of at least a few more games on home soil before passing judgement.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Bullshit.
    Agreed. If you look at the mix of away and home games, this team is doing quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney has been winning the past couple of weeks sure, but besides the Portland game have we really even played in a game that we could say we were clear cut the better team? Bottom line is we are not dominating games like we should be and the players look like they are just thrown out onto the field with no idea of a team gameplan most days. For his record as of late he definitely deserves to stay for the time being but when this kind of play starts biting us in the ass I say it's time to find a coach like Donadoni who can really solidify the tactical side of the team.

And to make sure I'm not TOTALLY off topic with this post I'd say once we have someone like Donadoni it'll just be a matter of time before quality players from Serie A and B start getting signed to our roster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, Vanney good or Vanney bad, we will have an Italian manager here one day and probably not that far off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Vanney has been winning the past couple of weeks sure, but besides the Portland game have we really even played in a game that we could say we were clear cut the better team? Bottom line is we are not dominating games like we should be and the players look like they are just thrown out onto the field with no idea of a team gameplan most days. For his record as of late he definitely deserves to stay for the time being but when this kind of play starts biting us in the ass I say it's time to find a coach like Donadoni who can really solidify the tactical side of the team.

And to make sure I'm not TOTALLY off topic with this post I'd say once we have someone like Donadoni it'll just be a matter of time before quality players from Serie A and B start getting signed to our roster
    Tactically we've been excellent. The diamond we incorporate maximizes not only our DPs but all our players. From the forwards, both Giovinco and Altidore like to drift out wide, which stretches the backline, separates the centerbacks and provides space for Oso and Bradley. In the midfield, Bradley is playing a free role attacking mid and that's balanced by Cheyrou at no. 6 who has been great for us. The wide players provide support and like RSL's diamond, are very similar players to each other. They are all hardworking, athletic, and good possessors of the ball. We have a decent mixture of Creavalle, Oso, Warner or Delgado who can slot of either side, all of which are decent options. In defense, our fullbacks again suit the system for being athletic enough to provide width in a very narrow formation.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 05-25-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree our record could be better. But we have had some weird calls go against us and we have had some major league brain farts that have cost us some games. Santacroce to TFC will be good but I do like Caldwell but unfortunately I believe Caldwell may be done I think his injuries are that bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post

True

Not so true

Definitely not true

We can only hope

IMO you're so wrong on the last point... he's done well, and this team needs stability more than anything at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope this team invests in the back end in the transfer window. Would a winger or Atiba Hutchinson be amazing? Hell yeah. But with our offence clicking Giovinco, Bradley up top and Altidore back in 4 weeks and Cheyrou, Warner, Osorio providing value in midfield it's a good time to upgrade the back.

Morrow, Perquis are good. Now go get a stud next to Perquis and a RB. Suddenley we have depth across the pitch.

My transfer wish list in order.

CB
    RB
    Winger/midfielder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santacroce would hopefully do well in MLS. Pretty much he used to be a beast in serie A but has had quite the drop off in form.

Santacore would be a decent pick up. Pato's said he's one of the best defenders he's ever played against (but we know what happened to him)

I'm betting he would find his form in MLS. The only thing that concerns me is the injuries... it's not like Perquis is a model of consistency either. I would not be disappointed with this, but it's not like we're getting a big time defender like Laurent-Ciman either
    Last edited by Defoe; 05-26-2015 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactically we've been excellent. The diamond we incorporate maximizes not only our DPs but all our players. From the forwards, both Giovinco and Altidore like to drift out wide, which stretches the backline, separates the centerbacks and provides space for Oso and Bradley. In the midfield, Bradley is playing a free role attacking mid and that's balanced by Cheyrou at no. 6 who has been great for us. The wide players provide support and like RSL's diamond, are very similar players to each other. They are all hardworking, athletic, and good possessors of the ball. We have a decent mixture of Creavalle, Oso, Warner or Delgado who can slot of either side, all of which are decent options. In defense, our fullbacks again suit the system for being athletic enough to provide width in a very narrow formation.
    You are right that the switch to the diamond has worked well the last couple of games. It's the first time Vanney has shown the ability to put players where their strengths are maximized and weaknesses minimized - as opposed to games like Dallas where he did the exact opposite (with Hagglund, for example). Its a good sign. I find it intriguing that he has completely reversed his view on what position Bradley should play - having him in the more advanced Klinsman endorsed role minimizes his weakness of trying to do everything. Would be interesting to understand why he has changed his views so dramatically - is he improving as a coach or is he learning to listen to his assistant or is it that the team hadn't tried this and it was all that was left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny were all saying fire Vanney (and i have been saying this as well) but look at the standings, with as many games we played on the road and with 2-3 games in hand were in a nice spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You are right that the switch to the diamond has worked well the last couple of games. It's the first time Vanney has shown the ability to put players where their strengths are maximized and weaknesses minimized - as opposed to games like Dallas where he did the exact opposite (with Hagglund, for example). Its a good sign. I find it intriguing that he has completely reversed his view on what position Bradley should play - having him in the more advanced Klinsman endorsed role minimizes his weakness of trying to do everything. Would be interesting to understand why he has changed his views so dramatically - is he improving as a coach or is he learning to listen to his assistant or is it that the team hadn't tried this and it was all that was left?
    I'm surprised nobody in the media has asked this. Then again, Bradley is still dropping and playmaking deeper than a typical 10. I think there were conversations with Bradley about where he wants to play at the start of Vanney's tenure and therefore he was a 6. Those discussions have probably progressed to where he plays now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never thought I would have said this, but Warner has been the difference along with Cheyrou. That has allowed everyone else to fall into place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post

Santacore would be a decent pick up. Pato's said he's one of the best defenders he's ever played against (but we know what happened to him)
    Damn, Pato is only making $3 mill in brasil. Orlando should scoop him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised nobody in the media has asked this. Then again, Bradley is still dropping and playmaking deeper than a typical 10. I think there were conversations with Bradley about where he wants to play at the start of Vanney's tenure and therefore he was a 6. Those discussions have probably progressed to where he plays now.
    true, but imo that is ok......putting Bradley at the top of the diamond makes him less of a liability defensively than where he was playing at the beginning of the year next to Cheyrou in the middle......when he was there, his forward runs would leave a hole on the counter.....now he can still track back and use his defensive assets......I think the difference has been a big positive.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    True

Not so true

Definitely not true

We can only hope

IMO you're so wrong on the last point... he's done well, and this team needs stability more than anything at this point.
    Love this. hahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    It's funny were all saying fire Vanney (and i have been saying this as well) but look at the standings, with as many games we played on the road and with 2-3 games in hand were in a nice spot.
    Some are saying fire Vanney. Please don't lump me in that group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of thoughts.

As others have said, our record is decent considering the number of away games we have had. One way to look at it: we have an away goal differential of 0, which is the best in the east (tied with NYRB). Even if you throw the east & the west in one pot, we're tied for 5th on RGD in the whole league.

In addition, we've already played 4 of the better teams, all away: Vancouver; Columbus; Dallas; New England. All of that with our supposed key starting CB injured. Relying so much on Caldwell for this season was an issue for sure, but that's more on Bez than Vanney.

Of course we still have to win plenty more at home, there's no guarantee of that. Hopefully there will be some defensive reinforcements in the summer.