Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2620
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I did say it was Mariner scouting.

I thought I saw his name around once or twice, mostly again because of the agent link. Upper level Seria B dude. I like Santacroce better based on reports running around but a big dude wouldn't go amiss.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/daniele.../spieler/44628

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well I did say it was Mariner scouting.

I thought I saw his name around once or twice, mostly again because of the agent link. Upper level Seria B dude. I like Santacroce better based on reports running around but a big dude wouldn't go amiss.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/daniele.../spieler/44628
    somebody on here was saying Santacroce likes to party which is why he never lived up to his suggested talent, only worry on my part about that dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope Doyle wasn't messing around with that comment.

I also hope the rb/cb is Argie. I miss having Argies on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle made another good point in that thread:

"Findley, Jackson & Moore are all expiring contracts. So there's another 700k to use this offseason."

Plus we could take advantage of the new Core DP slot. Exciting times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post

"Findley, Jackson & Moore are all expiring contracts. So there's another 700k to use this offseason."

Jackson and Moore are good for what they are...Findley is a waste of almost 10% of the cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post

Jackson is someone I would very much like to resign. At 165k, he is a perfect bench player that works hard defensively and can cause chaos in the final third. He is a role player on this team. Findley...good riddance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would let all 3 walk, those 3 combined with Caldwell's salary means we have close to 1.1 mil in cap space. I would hope we can fill 1 or 2 of those players from within (babouli, draft pick, other tfc 2 players) then bring in 2 higher salaried players while using some of that fancy new allocation money.

Remove jackson, moore and findley from the lineup and add 2 players of the quality of cheyrou/perquis and this team improves a ton. .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli was nothing to write home about at the Panam games against panama. Would run into players and get the ball stripped off of him. Perhaps he didn't have passing options but I expected more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another great article by TSN's Gareth Wheeler:

5) Signing Day?: Now retired Toronto FC centre-back and former captain Steven Caldwell was recognized pre-match for his contributions to the club. Caldwell was a consummate teammate over his career and a true leader. In retirement, Caldwell made yet another selfless gesture to his team. Retiring and giving up the ongoing battle with nagging injuries means the club can go out and address areas it may need to strengthen through much-needed cap space. General manager Tim Bezbatchenko and Vanney have seen a number of players come through the doors of the Kia Training Grounds over recent weeks interested in joining the club. There were multiple agents in attendance Saturday as well. Bezbatchenko seems prepared to pounce and get a deal done with at least one recruit. The club has been clear they are not willing to sacrifice long-term flexibility for a short-term fix. But unquestionably, this team requires help in defence. An athletic, experienced centre-back to fill the role Caldwell leaves is first and foremost. And it can be argued superior depth at the fullback positions are necessary too. Look for the first player brought in to be an international (European) defender; a deal which is expected to go through as early as this week. What happens after that remains to be seen. Toronto FC do have young, manageable assets on good salaries to be put on the trade market. Mark Bloom has battled injury on the season and hasn't played when fit. And Daniel Lovitz is another good, valuable asset other teams may look to add depth in their side. If Toronto FC can somehow parlay a good asset with a player under-used at a higher salary, it may allow the team to do more to add for the stretch run. This is a playoff team, as is. Just how ambitious they are this season will play out in the moves that are and are not made in the coming weeks.

http://www.tsn.ca/cool-victory-in-he...field-1.333282

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I would let all 3 walk, those 3 combined with Caldwell's salary means we have close to 1.1 mil in cap space. I would hope we can fill 1 or 2 of those players from within (babouli, draft pick, other tfc 2 players) then bring in 2 higher salaried players while using some of that fancy new allocation money.

Remove jackson, moore and findley from the lineup and add 2 players of the quality of cheyrou/perquis and this team improves a ton. .

Need one of Moore or Findley to act as backup to the forwards. And, no, Hamilton isn't going to do the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Another great article by TSN's Gareth Wheeler:

5) Signing Day?: Now retired Toronto FC centre-back and former captain Steven Caldwell was recognized pre-match for his contributions to the club. Caldwell was a consummate teammate over his career and a true leader. In retirement, Caldwell made yet another selfless gesture to his team. Retiring and giving up the ongoing battle with nagging injuries means the club can go out and address areas it may need to strengthen through much-needed cap space. General manager Tim Bezbatchenko and Vanney have seen a number of players come through the doors of the Kia Training Grounds over recent weeks interested in joining the club. There were multiple agents in attendance Saturday as well. Bezbatchenko seems prepared to pounce and get a deal done with at least one recruit. The club has been clear they are not willing to sacrifice long-term flexibility for a short-term fix. But unquestionably, this team requires help in defence. An athletic, experienced centre-back to fill the role Caldwell leaves is first and foremost. And it can be argued superior depth at the fullback positions are necessary too. Look for the first player brought in to be an international (European) defender; a deal which is expected to go through as early as this week. What happens after that remains to be seen. Toronto FC do have young, manageable assets on good salaries to be put on the trade market. Mark Bloom has battled injury on the season and hasn't played when fit. And Daniel Lovitz is another good, valuable asset other teams may look to add depth in their side. If Toronto FC can somehow parlay a good asset with a player under-used at a higher salary, it may allow the team to do more to add for the stretch run. This is a playoff team, as is. Just how ambitious they are this season will play out in the moves that are and are not made in the coming weeks.

http://www.tsn.ca/cool-victory-in-he...field-1.333282
    Wow

Just a side note but am I the only person that gets somewhat confused when they use the term international to describe a player? Like does it mean they play international football or does it mean that they aren't domestic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Wow

Just a side note but am I the only person that gets somewhat confused when they use the term international to describe a player? Like does it mean they play international football or does it mean that they aren't domestic
    My understanding is that it means it's just not a domestic - (Canadian/North American player) IE: Gilberto would be an international player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each team gets a number of international players that are allowed on the roster - players that don't hold an American passport (or a Canadian for Canadian teams). I believe it's 9. It's a tradable asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Wakingthered/sta...23762662273024

"Told TFC are close to added defensive help. Question will be if they can get it done in time for their next match."

https://twitter.com/soccercanada/sta...28547075428353

"TFC will almost certainly sign a CB and an outside back this month. If that is all they do would it be enough to make them contenders?"

Reinforcements incoming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now we wait...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE planning its leaks now.

Looks like all the journos got told somebody is coming from Europe and that this person is worth waiting for.

Expect somebody to be rewarded with a scoop sometime in the next 2 days.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard specific names but there is a buzz. Will post if I get something.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or Waking the Red are just recycling Doyles reddit comments.

Id put stock into Doyles comments as he and some of the MLS digital folks appear to be friendly with Bez. I'd presume from Bez's time at MLS HQ in NYC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not recycling. I also don't have specifics on who they are close to bringing in which is why it is just on twitter.

Just know that the folks who are up at KIA that I have talked to think something is quite close. Add in the fact that a number of reporters who normally get scoops have mentioned something being closed. Given how TFC have worked their leaks of late any time that chatter has started a signing is not far behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I haven't heard specific names but there is a buzz. Will post if I get something.
    A buzz is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    "TFC will almost certainly sign a CB and an outside back this month. If that is all they do would it be enough to make them contenders?"
    If the reinforcements turn out to be the real deal, then there's no reason why we wouldn't be contenders. Our two weakest spots are CB and RB. Personally, I'm quite happy with our options everywhere else. Cheyrou, Osorio, Warner, and Bradley are as good a midfield as any, and Jackson and Delgado are great backup options. Jackson off the bench is a particularly great weapon to have. There's a definite drop in defensive quality when Cheyrou doesn't play DM, but reality is that there isn't anyone that can replace what Cheyrou does that we can pay backup wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    If the reinforcements turn out to be the real deal, then there's no reason why we wouldn't be contenders. Our two weakest spots are CB and RB. Personally, I'm quite happy with our options everywhere else. Cheyrou, Osorio, Warner, and Bradley are as good a midfield as any, and Jackson and Delgado are great backup options. Jackson off the bench is a particularly great weapon to have. There's a definite drop in defensive quality when Cheyrou doesn't play DM, but reality is that there isn't anyone that can replace what Cheyrou does that we can pay backup wages.
    I would even add Creavalle as a good depth option in Mid. Just keep him off the backline and we'll be fine.

If we add a CB and a RB we're looking quite good.

CB: Perquis, Signing, Haggs, Zava
    LB: Morrow, Morgan
    RB: Signing, Morrow

I dont' want to see Morgan lose his spot though.. he's played very very well this year. I've been thoroughly impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I dont' want to see Morgan lose his spot though.. he's played very very well this year. I've been thoroughly impressed.
    I agree. I'm very satisfied to have Morgan starting in any match. He has really stepped up his game this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed regarding Morgan. Maybe a solid backup FB and a stud CB would be enough at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should make a play for Teibert. He's sitting on the bench and seems out of place in Robinsons 4-2-3-1. He would be perfect for us on the left side of the diamond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I think we should make a play for Teibert. He's sitting on the bench and seems out of place in Robinsons 4-2-3-1. He would be perfect for us on the left side of the diamond.
    But what do we give up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    But what do we give up?
    We already gave them Laba. They still owe us a player as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I've been harsh on Osorio earlier this year but he has really improved his play over the last couple of months. To me I don't see a need in replacing him in that role. Also, Lovitz can fill the backup role very well at a small cost. If anything we need help on the right side. Even then Warner/Marky/Creavalle/Jackson are all good in that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I've been harsh on Osorio earlier this year but he has really improved his play over the last couple of months. To me I don't see a need in replacing him in that role. Also, Lovitz can fill the backup role very well at a small cost. If anything we need help on the right side. Even then Warner/Marky/Creavalle/Jackson are all good in that position.
    My thinking is Oso moves to the right. Vanney has it right that Lovitz needs to convert to fullback and he is not really a central midfielder. Teibert is a mix of wide and central mid which is perfect in a diamond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    We already gave them Laba. They still owe us a player as far as I'm concerned.
    This is very true