Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Jaime Penedo didn't get a new club after walking out on LA. They cancelled his contract, so we could trade for his rights and sign him.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...ver-sudden-mls
    Between Penedo needing a job and LA needing allocation and TAM $$$ something is defo going to happen there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.football-italia.net/74096...o-linked-barca

So Seba's going to Barca ... Errrr

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Marco Reus is their first choice.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does InBev buying Mill Street count as a player move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Does InBev buying Mill Street count as a player move?
    At least we might get some Mill Street at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't buy it, Barca is going for Nolito

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Lol calm down it's not happening, anytime a MLS player blows up he's linked abroad (Donovan to Everton)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    Lol calm down it's not happening, anytime a MLS player blows up he's linked abroad (Donovan to Everton)
    True, but unlike Donovan Seba came from Europe, would be readily accepted there and would be very marketable (the European who conquered America and came home). I'm not saying the Barcelona rumour is true or false I'm just saying there's more intangible elements to Seba to Europeans teams, other than scoring ability, than Donovan, Bradley or Dempsey would've/could've had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    True, but unlike Donovan Seba came from Europe, would be readily accepted there and would be very marketable (the European who conquered America and came home). I'm not saying the Barcelona rumour is true or false I'm just saying there's more intangible elements to Seba to Europeans teams, other than scoring ability, than Donovan, Bradley or Dempsey would've/could've had.
    this is not really valid for 2 reasons....
    1) Barca doesn't wear the "European" flag, or Spain for that matter, at all.....they pretty much represent the city and Catalonia only.
    2) MLS is still generally seen as a poor quality league in Italy, so the fact that a European "conquered America" would be nothing to brag about for sure to them.

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about Giovinco leaving for another European team.....if another Italian team comes calling, I'd be a little more concerned, but even still it would be a long shot he goes back imo, as long as he can play for TFC and still stay in the Azzurri picture.
    He's given no indication to wanting to leave, and not only that but seems to be integrating himself with Toronto (ie. his "stir it up" Jays goal celebration at last home game), is being paid well, and is able to go about living his life without the media interference like in Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so, looking into the winter transfer market, what areas do TFC need? And which players are out of here. For me we need:
    1)Starting CB
    2)If you can open up our cap, I would use TAM spot on a DM
    3)New starting keeper
    4)If there is cap space remaining, depth wide player/starter for when we play our 4-4-2 that can play the outside of the diamond in the mid field

I think we are set up top with Seba and Jozy, with Moore and Gomez off the bench. At first I thought we needed to get a fullback (RB), but I actually like Jackson there. Resign Morrow, and your depth is Morgan and Bloom next year. The players I would get rid of (or try to anyways) would be Kantari, Findley and Joe Bendik. If we can get rid of these 3 guys, it would shave $600,000 to $650,000 off the cap. Looking at that, it doesn't look like that will be enough to cover the first 3. Maybe the first 2, but probably not 3 and definitely not 4. Plus, Morrow is in for a raise this season, as his contract is up this year. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Ok so, looking into the winter transfer market, what areas do TFC need? And which players are out of here. For me we need:
    1)Starting CB
    2)If you can open up our cap, I would use TAM spot on a DM
    3)New starting keeper
    4)If there is cap space remaining, depth wide player/starter for when we play our 4-4-2 that can play the outside of the diamond in the mid field

I think we are set up top with Seba and Jozy, with Moore and Gomez off the bench. At first I thought we needed to get a fullback (RB), but I actually like Jackson there. Resign Morrow, and your depth is Morgan and Bloom next year. The players I would get rid of (or try to anyways) would be Kantari, Findley and Joe Bendik. If we can get rid of these 3 guys, it would shave $600,000 to $650,000 off the cap. Looking at that, it doesn't look like that will be enough to cover the first 3. Maybe the first 2, but probably not 3 and definitely not 4. Plus, Morrow is in for a raise this season, as his contract is up this year. Thoughts?
    Perquis is getting a pretty big paycheck. S cheaper replacement for him would open up some csp space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    1)Starting CB
    I wonder if a season will ever come along where that won't be on the shopping list. We've needed a starting CB since year 1, guess some things never change

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a DM to replace Cheyrou as starter is the biggest concern. A destroyer DM with ability to cover a lot of ground and make a good first pass, because Vanney likes to attack, and the DM has to do a good job of cleaning up esp getting counter attacked.

We can always upgrade CBs (and almost every position for that matter) but defending in MLS improves more with team chemistry and experience in the league. I think we have a set back 4 of Morrow-Perquis-Williams-Jackson. Not necessarily world beaters, but they are good enough for now. I like the depth we have with Kantari as 3rd CB, with Hagglund, Simonin, Zavaleta who all have potential to be decent MLSers, and I'm really high on Simonin. Skylar Thomas from TFC 2 is looking decent as well.
    I suppose Kantari is expensive for 3rd CB and he'd be my first guy to replace with a cheaper veteran MLSer.

I'm hoping that with a set back 4 who have played together, the defence will be more efficient. To me, that's preferable than trying to break in another guy (esp a foreign player) and have that guy learn the system.

Get a good DM, and I think TFC will be a harder team to beat.
    (And yes. Laba is precisely the DM I think would make TFC nearly unbeatable... but let's not get into that debate again)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out
    - Gomez
    - Moore
    - Hagglund (loan)
    - Perquis/Kantari
    - Bendik
    - Konopka?
    In
    - back up hold up striker
    - Starting centreback
    - Starting Goalkeeper
    - Cheap wing option
    - DM (TAM)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    I wonder if a season will ever come along where that won't be on the shopping list. We've needed a starting CB since year 1, guess some things never change
    No we've really always needed two starting CBs, now we have Perquis and need one more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW Tottenham and Liverpool also interested in Seba

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2015/10/1...happy-toronto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Out
    - Gomez
    - Moore
    - Hagglund (loan)
    - Perquis/Kantari
    - Bendik
    - Konopka?
    In
    - Starting centreback
    - Starting Goalkeeper
    - Cheap wing option
    - DM (TAM)
    I would add a quality RB option as well. Keep Jackson primarily as a utility player.

For once this list looks not rediculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of Gomez and Moore stays. Konopka will also stay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I think one of Gomez and Moore stays. Konopka will also stay.
    I think Gomez and Konopka stay. Don't see Moore staying.

I'd give the re-entry draft a long look for the cheap wing and starting GK options. No guarantee but sometimes good players are in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba isn't going anywhere. Unlike Beckham, he can get his European football fix from his national team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    FWIW Tottenham and Liverpool also interested in Seba

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2015/10/1...happy-toronto/
    Talksport aint worth a damm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tottenham was the first club I thought of who would most likely bid for Seba. They have money to spend and they need depth in the forward position.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Tottenham was the first club I thought of who would most likely bid for Seba. They have money to spend and they need depth in the forward position.
    Seba is not interested in being depth.

I think tonight we see who is going to be the #3 forward next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Out
    - Gomez
    - Moore
    - Hagglund (loan)
    - Perquis/Kantari
    - Bendik
    - Konopka?
    In
    - Starting centreback
    - Starting Goalkeeper
    - Cheap wing option
    - DM (TAM)
    You forgot Findley- OUT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    You forgot Findley- OUT!
    But he's actually shown really well lately and his the added versatility of being able to play on the wing, this is all without mentioning the fact that Gomez is old and Moore is an expensive, single use, international

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be a little surprised if Manny Aparicio is still around next year, he's not even good at USL level and is taking up a valuable senior spot. Lovitz will likely be replaced by Mo Babouli on the senior roster although they may find room for that left foot of Lovitz towards the end of the bench. The team won't (or at least shouldn't) keep six center backs and they will sign a fairly high priced one over the off-season. I think they will go with: Williams, New Signing, Kantari, Perquis and Thomas, They may try and find room for Simonin at the expense of one of Perquis or Kantari but Hagglund (not Vanney's guy) and Zavaleta are almost certainly on the way out. Hagglund can be a starter in this league and Zavaleta will be around for a while I think but TFC has way too many center backs and not enough clear starters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this league, you need 6 CD's.

Thomas is not replacing Simonin or Zavaleta. He's USL level still. They will be keeping these 6. Perquis had a massive game yesterday before his injury, but I suspect is done for the season. Teams go with 3 starting CD's and rotate/bring in for injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal went with 4 CB this year (Ciman, Lefevere, Cabrera and Camara) and Vancouver went with 5 (Parker, Kah, Waston, Dean and Rodriguez) and Dean and Rodriguez barely played. 5 is really the maximum you need and you should plan on that fifth guy being a USL starter because he won't see the field much for the first team. Thomas has the same pedigree as all of the other NCAA center backs on Toronto's roster and has looked good this year both for TFC2 and the U-23 team. His domestic/Canadian status gives him a roster advantage and he's on a cheap contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco: 'Happy with Italy and Toronto'
    By Football Italia staff

Sebastian Giovinco is “happy to travel half-way round the world” for Italy and committed himself to Toronto FC.
    “It was a difficult match, but we got it back on track, which wasn’t easy against this Norway. We had a good game,” he told Rai Sport after a 2-1 victory.
    “This is the most important thing for me, to wear the Italy jersey, and I’m sure all my teammates feel the same way. I am happy to travel half-way round the world to come here and play.”
    This week Giovinco was linked with a move to Treble-winners Barcelona, but he’s committed to Toronto FC and MLS.
    “No, I’m happy where I am. I only just changed club, so let me enjoy this adventure first.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seba is not interested in being depth.
    Exactly. He was already with a CL team as depth. He wants to play. He wants to be the hero.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto