Page 1 of 88 123451151 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 2015 In-Season player moves/speculation/rumours/etc. thread

Now with the season started, it's time to start a new thread.

Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings get a separate single thread in the "News" section. All other "inside" and other information goes here.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-09-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that the new CBA (15% salary cap increase to start i believe) rumours seem to be indicating we can stretch the salary cap with a DP-lite, would it be wise or likely that we may get rid of one of our excess players (4 goalkeepers seems excessive) and replace them with a solid CB/RB/LB-sub or Left winger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are definitely thin at CB depth and on the wings. I'd like to see those issues addressed as well at some point this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our most glaring need is replacing Caldwell for someone who can actually partner Perquis, which shouldn't be too hard considering the talent we could get for someone on the same salary as Caldwell. After that, probably proper depth at LB. An elite goalkeeper a la Rimando wouldn't hurt either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Our most glaring need is replacing Caldwell for someone who can actually partner Perquis, which shouldn't be too hard considering the talent we could get for someone on the same salary as Caldwell. After that, probably proper depth at LB. An elite goalkeeper a la Rimando wouldn't hurt either
    we have four keepers, two of which are very young and highly touted (Bono and Roberts), and Bendik who is a leader in the locker room and not at all a noticeable liability. I'm 100% sure the next two signings will be a winger and CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    we have four keepers, two of which are very young and highly touted (Bono and Roberts), and Bendik who is a leader in the locker room and not at all a noticeable liability. I'm 100% sure the next two signings will be a winger and CB.
    Neymar and Hummels it is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I like the roster we have right now. And I don't think replacing Caldwell this season is a good idea. He has an important role to play yet this season. A player to replace is Jackson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Personally, I like the roster we have right now. And I don't think replacing Caldwell this season is a good idea. He has an important role to play yet this season. A player to replace is Jackson
    Disagree. Jackson is good cover for the fullback position, he is good defensively and on good wages. Agree with letting Caldwell stay, at the very least he can be a positive mentor for out younger defenders, it looked to have helped Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking more as a backup should Caldwell or Perquis get injured. Someone to manage Hagglund on the days when they're out of commission (e.g. when our B team needs some class when resting Perquis).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Disagree. Jackson is good cover for the fullback position, he is good defensively and on good wages.
    Jackson is better as defensive cover from midfield than he is as a fullback. But I don't think a player without any vision or passing or crossing ability has a place in an offensive position on this team. Last year he had the same number of assists as Orr, Bendik, and Bloom. And I agree, 150-202k is a good wage. Not sure that it's good value though. As a fullback, Jackson is definitely behind Creavalle and Bloom, and probably behind Delgado as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need backup CB and DM for now and maybe a winger or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson is better as defensive cover from midfield than he is as a fullback. But I don't think a player without any vision or passing or crossing ability has a place in an offensive position on this team. Last year he had the same number of assists as Orr, Bendik, and Bloom. And I agree, 150-202k is a good wage. Not sure that it's good value though. As a fullback, Jackson is definitely behind Creavalle and Bloom, and probably behind Delgado as well
    It's a different game this year though. Fullbacks job has become much easier going forward with the centre of the park looking rock solid.

I think Jackson could do okay back there. He played this role for FCD and they were no slouches at keeping it on the deck. Defensively he is capable - still remember him destroying that Seattle flank in the opening game last year. Unfortunately, that was his best outing but I'd hope we could get a few more of those in if we have a roll that suits his strengths.

Total miscast as a wide player trying to beat his man and feed strikers around the box. That never made any sense.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every so often I come to this thread thinking people are discussing player moves/speculation/rumours. Then I realize people are discussing player opinion/hopes/dreams.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Every so often I come to this thread thinking people are discussing player moves/speculation/rumours. Then I realize people are discussing player opinion/hopes/dreams.
    Sometimes rumours make it into here. There is occasional wheat amongst the chaff. However, the current FO seems to have a tighter lid on rumours than previous regimes did.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Sometimes rumours make it into here. There is occasional wheat amongst the chaff. However, the current FO seems to have a tighter lid on rumours than previous regimes did.
    It also speaks to the point that with a more solid core of players, there is less need for a constant revolving door of trialists and purported saviors!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we even had any trialists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Have we even had any trialists?

Issey Nakajima Farran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, wishful thinking if nothing else..

Steven Caldwell is probably the worst decision maker I've ever seen from the back line. He has no role other than making us worse off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started a Steven Caldwell thread so we don't clog up this one. Please please PLEASE use this instead of continuing here about him

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...76#post1725976

Also, no news on Issey, so I'm not sure what mistercorporate is on about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I started a Steven Caldwell thread so we don't clog up this one. Please please PLEASE use this instead of continuing here about him

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...76#post1725976

Also, no news on Issey, so I'm not sure what mistercorporate is on about.
    I thought he was talking in the past tense, my bad. Haven't heard any news about recent trialists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post

Issey Nakajima Farran.

seriously?

never mind...... but he deserves to at least be depth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was talking in the past tense, my bad. Haven't heard any news about recent trialists.
    Ah, makes sense. Yeah, this thread is for prospective rumours/signings for the 2015 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey Nakajima Farran.
    His mentality!, maybe not. But his style of play and creativity is a glove fit for this new group.

More Creativity Always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey is playing in 6th Spanish division...that's quite a drop off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, back to the question.

Have we had any trialists this season?

Or has TFC II ended that practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Issey is playing in 6th Spanish division...that's quite a drop off.
    He was just keeping fit and playing with them while visiting family in Barcelona. He actually just signed with a first devision club in Denmark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    He was just keeping fit and playing with them while visiting family in Barcelona. He actually just signed with a first devision club in Denmark.
    good for him, good for team Canada

hes really good at using soccer as his travel agent, isnt he

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya Issey Signed with Hobro, and he played,
    http://www.vejle-boldklub.dk/index.p...er&newsId=7601

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Rumor: Roma's Daniele De Rossi to Toronto FC or Orlando City SC

Rumor: Roma's Daniele De Rossi to Toronto FC or Orlando City SC; rumor mill snubs New York Red Bulls once again

Gazettagiallorossa.it is reporting TFC and OCSC are ready to offer De Rossi a $6.3 million contract to move to MLS
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Rumor: Roma's Daniele De Rossi to Toronto FC or Orlando City SC; rumor mill snubs New York Red Bulls once again

Gazettagiallorossa.it is reporting TFC and OCSC are ready to offer De Rossi a $6.3 million contract to move to MLS
    That's funny. TFC's name is thrown in on every big speculation. Which DP slot we using? These reporters should really check their facts about how MLS is set up before they start making up phony deals that are not possible under the current MLS structure.