Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now, just for shits and giggles:

Armen Bedakian
    ‏@ArmenBedakian 1m1 minute ago Terry Dunfield spotted at the KIA Training Grounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Ross County isn't asking for too big a fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries about that, he's been released!! Bring Terry back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#bringterryback
    #WeWantourterry
    #supersuperterrydunfield
    #HisHeaderagainstthefuckingwhitecapswasoneofthebes tBMOmemories
    #thehomelessmansmarknoble
    #whyishenotinsanantoniowitheveryotherformerTFCplay er
    #whataman
    #Terrydunfieldisthemostinterestingmanintheworld

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes someone with little talent and shit ton of work ethic can teach a thing or two at TFC2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching last game, I really really hope we bring in some defensive reinforcements... our back looks so sloppy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it doesn't. We were playing without our first choice RB and DM, and we still looked pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    No it doesn't. We were playing without our first choice RB and DM, and we still looked pretty good.

Yeah our defence is the strongest part of our squad we're the best team in the league!!

...we do need defensive reinforcements. Zavaleta is a kid, he's learning but he's not starter quality yet and Caldwell isn't coming back. And if he does he won't last the year.
    Morgan, while really earning his time this year, I still think we can do better for a RB and move Morrow back to the left.

The team looks really good but if there's a principle weakness, and if there's only one area we can afford to improve it's the back line.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the central part of our backline looked good but our full backs were exposed a few times on counters. Team played excellently so wouldn't want to dwell significantly on any negative aspects to the game but that was one area we looked a bit dodgy on.Creavalle isn't a full back- we know that, but Morrow is, and he looked unsure at times and was totally exposed big time on their goal.
    Great team performance, I thought Creavalle in an attacking sense looked very good, I though Warner was excellent. DP's stood up big time, I was still cursing Altidore when he messed that simple lay off to Osorio but boom what a finish from him- excellent goal.
    I have criticised Bradley on here in the past, but that was as good a midfield performance as you could ask for last night, top class stuff from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are alright at both fullback positions in terms of starters and depth. We definitely need another starting calibre CB though. Caldwell is not reliable anymore due to his fragility and as impressive as Zavaleta has been given his inexperience, his distribution is poor and he cannot be expected to carry the load the rest of the season. Hagglund has taken a step back after a promising rookie campaign.

As it stands, we are a Perquis injury away from being in serious trouble on the backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta was way too slow running back on the first goal and didn't have the common sense to cover a man either. That's two major screw ups in a row for him. He has potential but he is not ready for prime time. Creavalle is an accident waiting to happen at right back. He looked good though when he was in an attacking position. If we can pick up a CB and right sided midfielder we should be in a good position to make a serious run at the cup (whatever it is called) this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Zavaleta was way too slow running back on the first goal and didn't have the common sense to cover a man either. ...

That was Delgado, who's a mid. Zaveleta played that goal OK, given Morrow got burnt as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah we definatly need a RB and CB. Because our offence looked amazing wednesday, I just get so nervous when the opponent comes at us with a counter, need more confidence in the backline. When does the Window open that we can start signing players? and is it even possible to cut Caldwell at the window and free up the space or are we stuck with him/his salary till the end of the year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That was Delgado, who's a mid. Zaveleta played that goal OK, given Morrow got burnt as well.
    delgado left his man, played too deep into goal, then didnt step up fast enough. first game he gets a pass, but his head was spinning on that play. Morrow really over committed and started the domino effect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Bloom with a new bloody injury?! I'm sorry but this ridiculous, waive the guy we can use the cap and roster space more economically

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Mark Bloom with a new bloody injury?! I'm sorry but this ridiculous, waive the guy we can use the cap and roster space more economically
    He was one of our most consistent players all of last year and is a great player, proper MLS quality... just cause he's injured you want to get rid of the guy??... shit Jozy got that hammy injury eh should ship him off as well. just cause he's run into a extended run of injures dosnt mean you cut the guy.

Side note i would love to see Dunfield on TFC II maybe as captain? or at the very least as a veteran presence that has played in England and in the MLS ... with TFC albeit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    He was one of our most consistent players all of last year and is a great player, proper MLS quality... just cause he's injured you want to get rid of the guy??... shit Jozy got that hammy injury eh should ship him off as well. just cause he's run into a extended run of injures dosnt mean you cut the guy.

Side note i would love to see Dunfield on TFC II maybe as captain? or at the very least as a veteran presence that has played in England and in the MLS ... with TFC albeit
    He's an average MLS fullback on his good days give me a break, Jozy was injured for like 3-4 weeks and Marks been out since pre-season... He's had problems with injuries since his collision with Johnson last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the summer transfer window open? Is TFC going to make some moves? Dump salary and pick players from Italy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 15th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If a player is injured, especially after the roster compliance date, I don't think you can waive him, or recapture any cap space or roster space. (Nobody is going to want to trade for an injured player.) It also depends on his contract: you can only buy out one player per year, I think also before that date. At that point earlier in the season, they wouldn't have known that Bloom would be injured so long. Plus since he's earning around the league minimum, buying him out (if they had been able to know earlier about his injuries) hardly gives you much cap space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure hes only making 50k too. id belooking at Findley to bemoved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a good CB along side of Perquis. Zavaleta has been coughing up the ball far too many times in dangerous areas.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the buy out per year has to be done before the season starts.

Bloom's injury is the same one he's had for months - calf. They've brought him close and he's reinjured it twice so far. So they are going really slow now bringing him in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last offseason bloom signed an extension which would move him out of league minimum salary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have the cap space or roster slots to move on anyone? Based on how the team is playing, it certainly would be nice to have Caldwell's international slot and cap space to work with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robbie Findley is now an expensive backup for Altidore. Though there's no way he gets released while Altidore is away

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Do we have the cap space or roster slots to move on anyone? Based on how the team is playing, it certainly would be nice to have Caldwell's international slot and cap space to work with
    wishful thinking, ive been calling this since around the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Robbie Findley is now an expensive backup for Altidore. Though there's no way he gets released while Altidore is away
    I dunno, Moore has done well in his place and has been playing more often, also have Dike and Hamilton in the wings if we need them. Dudes a big cap hit and rarely plays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been very quiet on this front. With the transfer window opening in 2 weeks, i'm surprised we haven't heard anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    It's been very quiet on this front. With the transfer window opening in 2 weeks, i'm surprised we haven't heard anything.
    im not, we had some trialists 2/3 were indentified. We didnt hear anything until the last minute with most of our transactions under our current FO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but the trialists are not joining the team. One has already went back to Europe and the others are just training to keep fitness. Usually we hear something about us after someone (well, realistic ones). With Perquis and Cheyrou, more so Perquis, we heard a couple weeks in advance that we were after him. Just surprised nothing has come up yet regarding talks.