Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep, he hasn't been great. We'll see how it pans out long term, but short term we missed out on some good players in the draft - including two RBs getting decent minutes.
    Yeah, I'm generally a fan of Bez, but it seems he jizzed himself at the idea of drafting a USMNT player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep, he hasn't been great. We'll see how it pans out long term, but short term we missed out on some good players in the draft - including two RBs getting decent minutes.
    Who are the RB's you're talking about? Abdul-Salaam and Parker?

And lets not try to re-write history with the draft, Bono was the consensus BPA at 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Really? I don't see much from his game that will make him very good player in few years. He's seems like a good athlete that is good in the air, but struggles with ball with his feet and his positioning is questionable at best. Also, Hagglund generally looks awkward on the field.
    I thought he was excellent throughout the first half of the season last year, and then he hit a bit of a wall down the stretch which is understandable in his rookie season.

This year, I don't think he's been given much of a chance to turn things around. Consistent playing time with TFC II will do him good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would count Simonin as a good draft, Thomas as a work in progress that is going very well and Bono as a project that is going to need 3 full years to figure out if its worth it.

Simonin is pencilled in as the future LCD of this team. He got injured but showed stuff in training and in his one game with us out in Salt Lake that he's worth keeping around.

Thomas has become a leader down at TFCII. 2 seasons down there and he will be ready to spot start up at the big team. Nowadays, with USL, that's a good pick.

Bono hasn't been good enough, and the team wants him to get his head on straight a bit - that's why they took him to Jersey it seems. Dude will get his chance as I can't see Roberts staying down at USL next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Who are the RB's you're talking about? Abdul-Salaam and Parker?

And lets not try to re-write history with the draft, Bono was the consensus BPA at 6.
    Consensus is really not a concern, and that's a moving target when you are talking about NCAA soccer which opinions diverge on quite a bit. Heck Bekker was probably a consensus top pick based on his combine performances. GM is paid to actually produce not go on auto-pilot then claim everyone else would have done the same thing after the fact. Bono might pan out long term, right now it looks like a poor choice and don't get me started at Skylar Thomas at the spot we took him.

Amadou Dia should be on the list as well. Other teams are getting first team minutes from those picks while we have lottery tickets. I'll save judgement on simonin if he comes back healthy, as he looks like a gamer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a Tweet that a FC Degen player was training with Toronto FC today. Did anyone else see this tweet or hear about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Could be true, TFC released Bright Dike to make room for someone.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2015/8/4...ve-bright-dike
    We signed Gomez the same day Dike was waived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    We signed Gomez the same day Dike was waived.
    I realised that just after I posted that message, I have since deleted it.

Getting old and a little slow and maybe too many ciders for lunch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sonja Cori Missio ‏@SonjaMissio 3h3 hours ago 1 @Degen_FC member is training w/ @torontofc today, another (@stevocaldwell) is their retired captain. We're going to #RockthePitch indeed!

DegenFC

@Degen_FC

Toronto's best poker playing soccer team that plays at Soccerworld. For now...
    Toronto, Ontario

it appears to be nothing

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love trading away Urutti for nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    Yes hind site is 20/20, I think I have moved beyond that, it's also a shame that management didn't pay Dero DP wages, and we didn't sign Melbeg. Just felt like bringing up old news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    We didn't and why is he a point of conversation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    We didn't and why is he a point of conversation?
    Because we desperately need a forward off the bench who scores a (small) handful of goals per year and makes $200K+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Because we desperately need a forward off the bench who scores a (small) handful of goals per year and makes $200K+.
    We could corner the market on 'forward off the bench who scores a (small) handful of goals per year and makes $200K+' and get every single one in the league. We will need Gilberto back though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take Moore over Urruti to be honest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take Gomez over anybody we had until last season. (except maybe Dichio but that's a different era of MLS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF are we talking about? I was expecting transfer rumours.

I really hope the mod squad kills the format of this thread. The rest of the forum is suffering because of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer window is closed for a while... It's perfectly normal to start talking craziness lol.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    WTF are we talking about? I was expecting transfer rumours.

I really hope the mod squad kills the format of this thread. The rest of the forum is suffering because of it.
    Every soccer forum (U-Sector, Voyageurs) has a thread like this. If you want to spare yourself from speculation, meaningless roster discussion and baseless transfer rumours you can always limit yourself to the "news" section. Everything there has at least some confirmation by a traditional media outlet/person. This thread is for discussion. However, note to everyone that discussion of past mistakes is not really on-topic!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Every soccer forum (U-Sector, Voyageurs) has a thread like this. If you want to spare yourself from speculation, meaningless roster discussion and baseless transfer rumours you can always limit yourself to the "news" section. Everything there has at least some confirmation by a traditional media outlet/person. This thread is for discussion. However, note to everyone that discussion of past mistakes is not really on-topic!
    Yeah, I hear you. Maybe we should have a parallel "general discussion" thread? It would help distill the relevant posts on this one.

Either way I guess I shouldn't expect much at this point in the season.. post-transfer window, pre-playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lavezzi was offered something just below $4m a season by an MLS team... That's an offer to scoff at especially looking at other salaries. I'd say given his pedigree and recent importance to PSG and Argentina he's worth at least Giovinco money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour out of Belgium that Ciman is looking to move back to his old club. Could just be wishful thinking but with the reports of him & his family being upset about his daughter's treatment not being covered... could be a case of seeing the smoke before the fire.

Even if this is mostly unfounded we should be all over this... Ciman anchoring our back line would be a dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Rumour out of Belgium that Ciman is looking to move back to his old club. Could just be wishful thinking but with the reports of him & his family being upset about his daughter's treatment not being covered... could be a case of seeing the smoke before the fire.

Even if this is mostly unfounded we should be all over this... Ciman anchoring our back line would be a dream.
    No way a a move within MLS would be possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    No way a a move within MLS would be possible.
    Well, I know one center half who apparently hasn't made an impression and might be available....

http://www.football365.com/faves/997...Stuck-In-Limbo...

Unfortunately.

(Last graph, West Ham).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Well, I know one center half who apparently hasn't made an impression and might be available....

http://www.football365.com/faves/997...Stuck-In-Limbo...

Unfortunately.

(Last graph, West Ham).
    After his brief but successful spell in the Championship, I'm amazed he hasn't yet been loaned out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    After his brief but successful spell in the Championship, I'm amazed he hasn't yet been loaned out.
    I'd wage he'll end up back at Blackburn during the "Emergency Loan Window"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex skc DM Oriol rosell is supposedly available on free from sporting Lisbon. He will go through allocation order if an mls team is interested. If you want someone to anchor your mid... would be excellent cheyrou replacement.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Ex skc DM Oriol rosell is supposedly available on free from sporting Lisbon. He will go through allocation order if an mls team is interested. If you want someone to anchor your mid... would be excellent cheyrou replacement.
    More of a Laba replacement in terms of playing style. Was very good for SKC, a proven MLS player. Would give us the defensive midfield destroyer a lot of people have been clamoring for.

I would throw TAM money at this guy. Good, young, fills a hole in the team, will never miss time for international duty and no significant injury history. L.A. holds the top allocation spot at the moment and they would probably want to keep him out of the West.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Anybody who wants to throw 500K+ of TAM at LAG can have him (if they can fit him into the cap). We have the TAM but maybe not the cap space.

SKC wants him bad by all accounts, as do Philly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why such as short visit at sporting?