Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Not that I ever think about the Trillium Cup, but I do hate Columbus.

I just don't like them, and i like it when they lose.

I actually like a list of western teams (Portland, RSL, SJ) that I will root for here and there. I'll probably add Houston to that list now, I've always admired their game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to read this, hopefully its a nice night for all of us making the trek down.

Kurtis Larson
    @KurtLarSUN
    8m8 minutes ago

Good news for travelling TFC support: Rain supposed to end early afternoon here in Columbus. Temps fairly mild.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weather in Columbus tomorrow is gonna be wet with showers expected in the morning up until mid-afternoon and a high around 14 Celcius. Hopefully, things will dry up a bit by the 7:30pm kick-off, though the temperature is expected to dip down to around 8 or 9 degrees Celcius. Both clubs practiced in similar conditions as well today - grey and wet, but it was a bit cooler this afternoon. I suppose you can say it's typical spring weather for the region, and I doubt either team will have any environmental advantage playing tomorrow, of course that's not not counting the home crowd at Crew Stadium who will be there for the club's Home Opener.

Columbus is coming off a 1-0 away loss to Houston that could have easily been a solid draw or even a win for them. Kamara and Higauin both had some pretty great scoring opportunities that just could materialize for them. The match stats here paint a picture that doesn't suggest a Columbus loss, but you can't win a game if you can't find the back of the net. The last thing Columbus wants is another game to go that way against Toronto for their home opener, and I expect an even better performance from them than last week's. One thing to note is Tchani being on suspesion for the match this weekend. A good thing given his performance in Houston last weekend.

TFC, on the other hand is riding high after a solid away win in Vancouver that probably surprised more than a few people after Rivero's opening goal in the 19th minute. I don't think we can afford to play like we did in the first half against Vancouver - especially the backline. Columbus won't hesitate to exploit any defensive lapses on our part. What I'd love to see is three TFC goals by three of our Yank players - Bradley, Findley, and Altidore would work just fine by me - that's poetic justice! But in all honesty, I think a 1-1 or possibly 2-2 draw is the most likely result tomorrow. I'd love a win, but I will settle for the single point given how we're still more of a work-in-progress than Columbus is at the moment, and we're likely going to have a very hostile away crowd to play in front of.

That said, we do win when it rains*...

*please note: this claim has yet to be statistically verified.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    That said, we do win when it rains*...

*please note: this claim has yet to be statistically verified.
    We no longer have our rain weapon. He's in Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crappy weather in a crappy city. What do you expect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's Get a Big win in Columbus on Saturday Night Boys! will be at Shoeless Joe's Tomorrow night Supporting my Red's!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LETS FUCK THESE CUNTS UP.

first post from Sydney.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the Weather Network, rain now to end at noon.

High of 10 at game time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's here! It's match day! It's time to beat the piss outta the Ku Klux Krew again! COME ON YOU REDS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post

first post from Sydney.
    the aussies are always so eloquent

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    the aussies are always so eloquent
    That's cause they live in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyFC View Post

first post from Sydney.
    LOL, welcome aboard mate. Represent down under!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All looking for some suggestions to watch the game at a sports bar today. I know Shoelaces Joe's is the place to go. If so what time should you be there to get in? 6:30?

I live in the west end, are there any other sports bars in Burlington, Oakville or Mississauga that are TFC friendly?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want Jozy to bag one or two today... if only because a certain Englishman has not scored in at least the last 655 minutes of play (7 games(5 BPL))
    Last edited by Kaz; 03-14-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I really want Jozy to bag one or two today... if only because a certain Englishman has not scored in at least the last 655 minutes of play (7 games(5 BPL))
    Yup, Sunderland got humiliated at home today by Aston Villa, 0-4!

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Hi All looking for some suggestions to watch the game at a sports bar today. I know Shoelaces Joe's is the place to go. If so what time should you be there to get in? 6:30?

I live in the west end, are there any other sports bars in Burlington, Oakville or Mississauga that are TFC friendly?

Thanks
    Lots of space, and many are down in Columbus today. So no issue showing up until game time.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    You know we have a 5 page thread on where to watch TFC games?

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...Establishments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You know we have a 5 page thread on where to watch TFC games?

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...Establishments
    It really needs to be deleted and restarted.. many of the bars don't exist any more, or are no longer a place to watch. (2 of the first 10 names aren't there any more which happens in 6 years)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    I don't know about Shoelaces Joe's but Shoeless Joe's plays every match! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Yup, Sunderland got humiliated at home today by Aston Villa, 0-4!
    He played Jozy as a holdup man at the top of the box for most of his tenure there, which he's always been, frankly, pretty average at. He scores when he has the ball on the move at his feet; he did set up eight goals though, so he was of value to them.

But Poyet is generally clueless. Like, really not very bright. On top of that, there have been stories in the local and national press about their players being spoiled socialites who just don't care that much because it's a "lower" premiership team. In that atmosphere, I'm not really surprised he failed to score goals and was unmotivated. Having watched them all of last season and having listened to their passionate but generally clueless fans, I admit to some schadenfreude that they look even worse without Altidore on the pitch.

If they stay up, it'll only be because a caretaker scares the fuck out of the stars and tells them to get used to the idea of being embarrassed by a permanent bench/u23 team role. But that's not how the Prem works; the primadonna talents will stay, give half a toss on the pitch, and make the next ex-player-who's-not-really-suited-to-manage struggle to survive beyond a season.

Character is the biggest issue, as we've learned at TFC. I see a lot of parallels; I just feel less sorry for them because of the way Altidore was treated generally. I'm not saying he's a premiership striker -- everyone remembers what happened to Mateja Kezman and numerous others when they left Holland for England -- but I know he'd have done better on a team full of motivated teammates, who used him the right way. At Southhampton, playing in the same role that he has now at TFC, I think he could be a ten-goal scorer over there.

Icing on the cake would be a hat-trick today.

Interesting poll on a Columbus fan site the other day noted something like 32% of them won't cheer against Altidore or Bradley due to the U.S. Nat team tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have links to some (actual) good streaming sites? You know... ones where you can actually see the ball and the players, not just a bunch of pixels, and where it doesn't freeze or lag LAMF. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He played Jozy as a holdup man at the top of the box for most of his tenure there, which he's always been, frankly, pretty average at. He scores when he has the ball on the move at his feet; he did set up eight goals though, so he was of value to them.

But Poyet is generally clueless. Like, really not very bright. On top of that, there have been stories in the local and national press about their players being spoiled socialites who just don't care that much because it's a "lower" premiership team. In that atmosphere, I'm not really surprised he failed to score goals and was unmotivated. Having watched them all of last season and having listened to their passionate but generally clueless fans, I admit to some schadenfreude that they look even worse without Altidore on the pitch.

If they stay up, it'll only be because a caretaker scares the fuck out of the stars and tells them to get used to the idea of being embarrassed by a permanent bench/u23 team role. But that's not how the Prem works; the primadonna talents will stay, give half a toss on the pitch, and make the next ex-player-who's-not-really-suited-to-manage struggle to survive beyond a season.

Character is the biggest issue, as we've learned at TFC. I see a lot of parallels; I just feel less sorry for them because of the way Altidore was treated generally. I'm not saying he's a premiership striker -- everyone remembers what happened to Mateja Kezman and numerous others when they left Holland for England -- but I know he'd have done better on a team full of motivated teammates, who used him the right way. At Southhampton, playing in the same role that he has now at TFC, I think he could be a ten-goal scorer over there.

Icing on the cake would be a hat-trick today.

Interesting poll on a Columbus fan site the other day noted something like 32% of them won't cheer against Altidore or Bradley due to the U.S. Nat team tie.
    And Burnley just beat Man City so they must be nervous in Sunderland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think another common theme is Defoe = useless unless he gets service. The guy really has no impact on the game unless someone can feed him the ball in the right spots. No doubt he has world class finishing ability, but in terms of finding different ways to influence the game if plan A isn't working out.... looks a bit behind the times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ I think another common theme is Defoe = useless unless he gets service. The guy really has no impact on the game unless someone can feed him the ball in the right spots. No doubt he has world class finishing ability, but in terms of finding different ways to influence the game if plan A isn't working out.... looks a bit behind the times.
    The same can be said for Jozy, best when they feed him the ball so that he is facing goal not with his back to it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same can be said for Jozy, best when they feed him the ball so that he is facing goal not with his back to it.
    Oh I don't know. He looked pretty good last week with ball to chest, hip or feet and back to goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh I don't know. He looked pretty good last week with ball to chest, hip or feet and back to goal.
    The goal he scored last week, he was facing goal when he received the pass.

He did look good with his back to goal as well but he didn't score on those occasions.
    Eventually he will get a few assists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he is active in the game in the same way Gilberto was and will be able to create chances for others. Defoe last season got 2 assists last season and rarely was involved in the defence. Jozy in Vancouver was all over.

For that I think Jozy is going to be a much more valuable all around player... particularly with Vanney... I don't know what it would have looked like without Nelsen last year. We will see... I just hope we perform well this year and can play a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Does anyone have links to some (actual) good streaming sites? You know... ones where you can actually see the ball and the players, not just a bunch of pixels, and where it doesn't freeze or lag LAMF. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    search "cricfree".

Good streams, but make sure you have a popup blocker installed and clean your cookies etc after visiting. I wouldn't click on any links other than the channels, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    At least he is active in the game in the same way Gilberto was and will be able to create chances for others. Defoe last season got 2 assists last season and rarely was involved in the defence. Jozy in Vancouver was all over.

For that I think Jozy is going to be a much more valuable all around player... particularly with Vanney... I don't know what it would have looked like without Nelsen last year. We will see... I just hope we perform well this year and can play a season.
    That could have been for a number of reasons actually, probably because it was his debut and he was buzzing. You can't really expect him to keep that up for long, if he does then I would be amazed.