Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Exactly. This franchise opened eyes and changed the league's marketing strategy and gave it a life line for investment.

I'd also add that we put franchises in Montreal and Vancouver and possibly even Ottawa on the radar for expansion.
    I said the exact same thing as Kelley on these boards about 3 years ago and most on here ridiculed me. Toronto set the standard with an authentic footy experience that was unseen before TFC arrived in MLS. If Toronto failed there probably would be no Seattle or Portland or Vancouver etc.

I say we win Saturday with Giovinco and Bradley scoring in a 2-1 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to this game already! Going to watch my local Birmingham City FC in the afternoon here with plenty of drinking, so should be well on my way by the time TFC kick off. Wish there was a way for me to get to Columbus quicker than a 8 hour flight so I could continue to party!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-UK View Post
    Looking forward to this game already! Going to watch my local Birmingham City FC in the afternoon here with plenty of drinking, so should be well on my way by the time TFC kick off. Wish there was a way for me to get to Columbus quicker than a 8 hour flight so I could continue to party!
    Well, you could drink the whole way there, and since the time zones shift, you could still make it. You'd be insensible for days, but what a story!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im calling a 2-1 vistory. F- the dirty K-K-Krew.....

Altidore (high on confidence) and a winner from Giovinco...Free kick, top left corner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And we luck out on suspensions already.

Tchani is out for 1 game.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/...nary-committee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We already overpowered their midfield to begin with, but without Tchani, we should definitely be able to control the middle of the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we might crush them. 3-0. Giovinco gets at least one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when Tony played for us and everyone thought he was shit. Now we're happy he's suspended playing against against us. LOL.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I remember when Tony played for us and everyone thought he was shit. Now we're happy he's suspended playing against against us. LOL.
    I wouldn't say everyone but there were more people who wanted him to be more than he was at the time. Most of those people weren't thinking past one or 2 seasons, though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I wouldn't say everyone but there were more people who wanted him to be more than he was at the time. Most of those people weren't thinking past one or 2 seasons, though.
    Yeah I'm being a bit hyperbolic saying everyone. But he's definitely another one of those guys we gave up on early only to prove us wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one guy that falls into that category that has shocked me is Dan Gargan. I never expected him to develop into a key starter on the Los Angeles Galaxy of all teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chirped him a bit down in Bradenton (he was walking out on the track with a few other Crew players going to warm up)...told him "we'll see you in a couple of weeks"...he shot back quickly with "you sure you want that??."..so sad he won't even be dressed now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    The one guy that falls into that category that has shocked me is Dan Gargan. I never expected him to develop into a key starter on the Los Angeles Galaxy of all teams.
    role players that fits well within certain systems only. well, plus Gargan plays in LA with better team overall minimizing what's expected of him and shields a lot of his weakness to a point
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One suspension doesn't a game make, I hope the boys don't get overly confident this is a good side. 3 points would be nice. I'd take 1 and I won't be disappointed with a loss.. well I will be but I realize even a point isn't a sure thing.

It's winnable though... I'm excited for this match.

Just remember last year.

Win, Win, RSL destroyed us, Win, Loss, loss, loss

So even if we win...if anyone uses the word Super and Club in the same sentence they need to be bitch slapped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the guy. Never understood that
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current forecast for 7:00 pm in Columbus is 10 degrees with a 20 km wind from North(ish). Rain to stop at around 2 pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    i didnt love him but thought he was decent at what he did, also never understood the hate for him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    i didnt love him but thought he was decent at what he did, also never understood the hate for him
    I thought he had potential to be a crappier version of Michael Essien. he's sorta doing better in Columbus

but because Tchani was part of DeRo trade to NYRB, he's always going to get a lot of hate for that
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I thought he had potential to be a crappier version of Michael Essien. he's sorta doing better in Columbus

but because Tchani was part of DeRo trade to NYRB, he's always going to get a lot of hate for that
    A crappier version of the current Michael Essien or the Michael Essien back then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're not the only ones divided on Tchani, check out the love/hate from Crew fans on BS (warning - Archer content. Try and guess what he thinks of Tchani before you look!)

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...2017590/page-3

Pitch condition looks fine, don't know why I was worried as they always seems to have a decent one. Check twitter @AdamJardy for multiple pics of Crew practising today.

Even though Tchani, their only physically dominating mid, is out Meram will probably be starting his first game and he scares the shit out of me like Mapp does. Meram would look great on our team though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video, best from 2 minute mark to the 3 minute mark.
    He IS our Captain!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do other MLS teams have mid week interviews with their top players that last 8 minutes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Do other MLS teams have mid week interviews with their top players that last 8 minutes?
    Do other teams have players that can answer questions for eight minutes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Ooops, sorry, read the thread through again.
    We both said same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has the potential to become a monster of a captain for this team. Honestly, everything he says, and the way he says it, tells me he is a great choice for captain. Hard not to love his attitude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've scanned a few other team web sites, and I'm honestly shocked at just how little media they make available to the supporters. Seattle is up there with us, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I know you did! You were right, he came good. Took five seasons of experience, but it happened.

Creavalle is of similar athletic pedigree, monster possibilities like Doneil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I see on paper and on field is we will destroy Columbus on offence we just got to work harder on are defence other than that Toronto this year has overall a great team and group of guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big soccer always good for a laugh aha.

"I can't stand That F*cking Club, I hope we win but it's gonna be tough to contain Those Freakin' Canucks.

1-1 draw

Better dead than red, let's go Crew."

more ahah

"
    TFC, on the other hand, is a self-destructive, money burning, entitlement-minded parody of a soccer franchise, whose fans seem to think that they and the organization have invented the sun, the moon, the stars, the very success of MLS (not to mention the wheel, a better mouse trap and the Venus Butterfly) in spite of making exactly zero post-season appearances."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post

Good question: I'm not sure anybody else in MLS is as literate and thoughtful and forthcoming and forthright as Bradley. Its scary sometimes.