Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matchday 2: Toronto FC at Columbus Crew, 14 Mar 730pm

Come on you Reds
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to the match and being in Columbus supporting the Reds on their way to victory.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets hope they can carry this momentum . I know Columbus is supposed to be pretty good this year. I know we are better than last year and we have won in there park in the past including twice last year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is their home opener too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really hope we stick it to the Yellow Football Team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus is coming off a tough 1-0 loss to Houston. They had 60% possession and 18 shot attempts compared to Houston's 8. They just couldn't score.

Limit crosses into Kamara and overwhelm Higuain in the middle. Not much else in the way of threats for them.

Interested to see how Vanney approaches this defensively. Columbus do not have anywhere near the breakaway speed that Vancouver killed us with. Feeling pretty optimistic about this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A win here would put us in a great spot. I'm not worried about offence given our firepower at hand, but defensively I'd like to see us play a tighter game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Higuain was just supremely unlucky on some of those shots. They'll want to make up for the wasted opportunities in front of their home crowd. Curious to see if Bloom starts over Crevalle. I'm sure everyone will be watching the tapes of the game and noting the problems TFC had with the high line in the first half and are already figuring out how to exploit it. I'm saying 1-1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what the pitch is going to be like given the weather until this week. Between that, a home opener, and Columbus being a legitimate contender for the East crown, I'm thinking getting out of there with a point would be a good result for us. Its all going to be about who gets more space Higuain or Seba. I'd hope Bradley and Cheyrou could shut down Higuain.

Game of the week in my books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather should be interesting for this one.

Yesterday was saying 10 degrees and rain. Today saying it'll be 3 degrees and snowing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all laugh at the yellow football team
    the yellow football team
    the yellow football team
    the yellow football team

We will eatz all their trilliumz.

Hopefully we can get a point this week, 1 or 3 next time and take all 3 at home this year to win the i75 copa al trillumz. Didn't we play them away twice last year as well? no matter

It will be interesting to see if Vanney can get it right for the first half as well. Good adjustment in Vancity but can we get a full 90 of tactical advantage.
    Last edited by Section_105; 03-09-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many seasons has it been now since Columbus has beaten us? Ha ha!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't afford to have a chaotic first half vs Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we sweep the series against these guys last year? Honestly, with the squad we have now, there are no teams that I would be happy with a draw against. Cohesion is the only thing I would give to other team's as an advantage over us. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to win every game, but there are no games that I would go into expecting to not win.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Didn't we sweep the series against these guys last year? Honestly, with the squad we have now, there are no teams that I would be happy with a draw against. Cohesion is the only thing I would give to other team's as an advantage over us. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to win every game, but there are no games that I would go into expecting to not win.
    I love this. You went out of your way not to mention that award we get for doing that.

Columbus had some chances against Houston but both teams played as sloppy as the other and both weren't up to TFC/Vancouver standards. It's only one day to look at but that's what we got to go on. We should be favourites, realistically and every other way one can look at it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Hoping the reds go with there heads high and get the W like i know they can are offence is amazing are defense needs some tighter boxing strategy overall i know are reds will make use proud this year .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Even five dates out can be quite unreliable in terms of weather forecasts, systems can change on the fly. Friday will be when the we can all truly get a feel for what it will be. Regardless looking forward to Saturday in Columbus big time.
    Yeah, exactly. I'll wait until about Thursday to see what the forecast says before I start planning what to wear for the bus trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Seattle and New England have teams just as strong as ours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how many fans are traveling?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    no, they have a team that's far better than ours. anyone who watched Seattle-NE game will tell you that Seattle is on an another level compared to TFC. they have the talent and level of team chemistry yet matched by TFC

TFC looked good on paper last season too.

but until this team wins some trophies and looks to be a legit contender, I don't count chickens before they are hatched, especially when it comes to TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Anyone know how many fans are traveling?
    Hundreds, maybe a thousand but not thousands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I still wouldn't go into games against those teams expecting a loss and hoping for a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck columbus. We need to win, get on a role early, we can and shuold beat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    no, they have a team that's far better than ours. anyone who watched Seattle-NE game will tell you that Seattle is on an another level compared to TFC. they have the talent and level of team chemistry yet matched by TFC

TFC looked good on paper last season too.

but until this team wins some trophies and looks to be a legit contender, I don't count chickens before they are hatched, especially when it comes to TFC
    Fair enough, I should've said "or stronger." I was just referencing the fact that OP made it seem like we could steamroll any team that we come up against.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    no, they have a team that's far better than ours. anyone who watched Seattle-NE game will tell you that Seattle is on an another level compared to TFC. ...

They are better then most, but Seattle have a team built for that turf. And they were playing a team without its midfield bite. They are not a greyhound team as much as a quick transition one.

Sunday April 12 they play at LAG. That's the real test. We play them in September. Probably will be injuries and suspensions involved by then, but I like our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, I should've said "or stronger." I was just referencing the fact that OP made it seem like we could steamroll any team that we come up against.
    Actually, the OP said that all games are winnable. It never said anything about walking over or steamrolling anyone. I'm sick of hearing that a draw would be a good result, just because we're playing a good team. We have a good team too. Every team is beatable (including TFC BTW), and now more than ever we should actually be expecting to win games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be pretty impressive to ruin 2 home openers in a row. Surely not?

I'd take a point right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Columbus, We beat them in there Barn last year twice . We actually have better team this year so why should we settle for a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watched houston-colombus highlights and colombus scares me ill be happy with a draw