Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Can anyone else see a bruiser like Kendall Waston giving up multiple penalties to Giovinco? Vancouver is dangerous, but that backline has some issues.
    Waston was a stud last year. Adjusted well to MLS after coming in midseason. I still have no idea who is replacing Andy O'brien as Waston's partner, and I think it's O'brien's organizing that kept a lot of clean sheet for Caps last year.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Waston was a stud last year. Adjusted well to MLS after coming in midseason. I still have no idea who is replacing Andy O'brien as Waston's partner, and I think it's O'brien's organizing that kept a lot of clean sheet for Caps last year.
    He was a stud in the way that Colin and Marshall are studs, he controls the box. But he's big and clumsy compared to Giovinco; I'd run at him all game if I were him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll try to stuff giovinco in the mid before he gets a chance to face goal and run at central defenders. Most cbs in this league are oafs, it's the CDMs that save their bacon.

We saw how many issues Camilo gave defenders in this league when he found space. Gio could be even better but only if we continually adapt to find him a little space. The easy route through the middle won't be there against any reasonably well coached team with a decent mid (Vancouver ticks these boxes).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The other Brit played that game - the one with amazing moves but no vision. Plus Jeremy Hall actually had a pretty good run that season.
    Bostock? I remember that guy. He looked like he was always just about to turn the corner into something useful. Never did. Him and Ephraim were disappointments.

Robert Earnshaw started the season like a stud. Backflip after backflip.

And then we sucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Lovitz looked great in pre-season, so I suspect Vanney has a plan for getting through these 7 away games by utilizing some of our depth (!) at various positions by only travelling people every other game. If it works, I'll hail him as a genius. I wonder if Delgado travelled?

I think you might be right.

I don't feel that our team has ever been man managed well to date.

Maybe Vanney is the first to actually utilize depth on our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    Bostock? I remember that guy. He looked like he was always just about to turn the corner into something useful. Never did. Him and Ephraim were disappointments.

Robert Earnshaw started the season like a stud. Backflip after backflip.

And then we sucked.
    I will be interested to see earnshaw in Vancouver over the course of a season. Neither Toronto at the time or Chicago understood how to get that guy the ball or provide proper service or how to move their striker around to get him open.

We'll see if he can adapt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i dont like this 7 game rd trip.....they should hv played a couple of games at the dome...can u imagine if we 0 and 4 or 0and 5,we will be asking for Vanney s head
    It is what it is......if we drop 4-5 games off the start then Vanney should do the right thing and make like a tree while there is still time to save the season.

.......but i don't think TFC will choke this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAMEDAY!!! Already have my kit on ready to go....to work. Can't wait for tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm apparent sell out of BC Place for the match today, just wondering if that's the 21,000 seat mini soccer config or the 54,000 seat CFL config.

Going to assume that it's the 21,000 kind, which is meh in my books.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bed sheets are up so its the soccer bowl config.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    Hmm apparent sell out of BC Place for the match today, just wondering if that's the 21,000 seat mini soccer config or the 54,000 seat CFL config.

Going to assume that it's the 21,000 kind, which is meh in my books.
    i believe it's the mini one as the curtains were hanging that block out the upper deck at training last night. But you never know. Now the roof apparently will be open.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So while all of you are anticipating this game all day. I on the other hand have to find a way to wake up for 4:45am local time to watch this. Then I have to pray my internet is being cooperative so I can stream it.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a bit of an update on Vancouver weather. Gonna be 13 degrees with little wind today coming in off the Pacific. Actually, pretty much the same for the whole weekend. They picked a great day for some soccer over in Vancouver. Think it's gonna be a good one, though apparently there have been complaints about the dry pitch at BC Place.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They watered the pitch after the TFC practice and before the VCWC one.

i.e. VCWC are playing games.

Standard stuff in some places, but kinda lame given the "we treat people better" vibe Robinson is talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    GAMEDAY!!! Already have my kit on ready to go....to work. Can't wait for tonight
    Slept in it for good measure.

Saw some red in the city this morn. Brings up the excitement level every jersey, shirt, banner or decal I see. Feels great to be back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They'll try to stuff giovinco in the mid before he gets a chance to face goal and run at central defenders. Most cbs in this league are oafs, it's the CDMs that save their bacon.

We saw how many issues Camilo gave defenders in this league when he found space. Gio could be even better but only if we continually adapt to find him a little space. The easy route through the middle won't be there against any reasonably well coached team with a decent mid (Vancouver ticks these boxes).
    I dunno... Camilo found space the way Giovinco is noted for doing so, by cutting diagonally across the space between lines before the midfielder could recover. That's all down to foot speed, which isn't really a defensive strength for Vancouver.

Maybe they'll stick Laba on him one-on-one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    So while all of you are anticipating this game all day. I on the other hand have to find a way to wake up for 4:45am local time to watch this. Then I have to pray my internet is being cooperative so I can stream it.
    Man, that's dedication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to the beer store.. Going to pick up a case of Peroni Nastro Azzurro not something I would normally drink.. but with Seba there, and Bradley coming from there seems like a nice choice. Then I'm ordering a deep dish Canadian Pizza. (Though I may Olives and make it a 4 topping)

Looking forward to it.. When I moved back to Niagara I got Cable basically for this purpose. No More fighting for streams because nearly every game is blacked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver have tons of crafty, attacking talent in Manneh, Morales, Rosales, and Rivero. Perquis and Caldwell are gonna need to be on their A game, and Bradley will probably be playing deep to try and stymie the runs at the backline.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    ....Maybe they'll stick Laba on him one-on-one.
    Count on it. That is going to be fun to watch. The best destroyer in the league vs. Seba? Worth the price of admission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is MLS live STILL only available in North America?! Don't they want to grow the leagues rep internationally?! Gah. Hopefully there's a good stream. COYR!!! Woke up at 8am on 3 hours sleep just PUMPED for the game. Now just the final waiting to get through

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Why is MLS live STILL only available in North America?! Don't they want to grow the leagues rep internationally?! Gah. Hopefully there's a good stream. COYR!!! Woke up at 8am on 3 hours sleep just PUMPED for the game. Now just the final waiting to get through
    Not only that, but they have blocked the highlights they have on their website to people in the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Not only that, but they have blocked the highlights they have on their website to people in the UK.
    Sky got rights to the highlights as part of their new two-game-per-week deal, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

Have you tried using a VPN? Try Zenmate browser plugin for Chrome.

You can trick the website into thinking you're in North America and get your stream started/make the purchase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting lineup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzV...ature=youtu.be

4-3-3 based on who called themselves a forward/mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The @BacardiCanada Starting XI: Bendik, Creavalle, Caldwell, Perquis, Morrow, Osorio, Bradley, Cheyrou, Giovinco, Altidore, Findley #TFClive

Wonder what the formation is going to look like here.

Bench: Konopka, Morgan, Zavaleta, Hagglund, Warner, Chapman, Moore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Have you tried using a VPN? Try Zenmate browser plugin for Chrome.

You can trick the website into thinking you're in North America and get your stream started/make the purchase.
    Fucking legend. Cheers.

Still stupid though. I get why they would limit access in a country where the TV rights have been sold, but in the rest of the world? Come on MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Bench: Konopka, Morgan, Zavaleta, Hagglund, Warner, Chapman, Moore
    Chapman! Nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver 11:

#VWFC XI 1.Ousted 33.Beitashour 4.Waston 44.Kah 2.Harvey 15.Laba 31.Teibert 7.Rosales 77.Morales 23.Manneh 29.Rivero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Vancouver 11:

#VWFC XI 1.Ousted 33.Beitashour 4.Waston 44.Kah 2.Harvey 15.Laba 31.Teibert 7.Rosales 77.Morales 23.Manneh 29.Rivero
    Let's see how good this Rivero guy really is, with that hype...