Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

– Saturday’s season opener becomes TSN’s most-watched MLS game ever attracting an average audience of 353,000 viewers and 1.9 million unique Canadian viewers –

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tsn...season-opener/

do you have a rating thread, we had one last year

edit...found the thread
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 03-10-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    ? I agree with MightyDM. The last 10 games of the season were not pretty (barring a great half or two). First game this season looks promising, though.
    First couple of games last year were pretty promising too; (

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get all the tactical fixation. It wasn't Vanney, it was the $100M. Our stars were better than theirs, that was the difference. Pedro Morales was horrible, he put a couple of balls on Grouse Mountain. Let's be serious.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-10-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don't get all the tactical fixation. It wasn't Vanney, it was the $100M. Our stars were better than theirs, that was the difference. Pedro Morales was horrible, he put a couple of balls on Grouse Mountain. Let's be serious.
    Obviously. And if we don't make the playoffs, It'll be the $100M player's fault, not Vanney. It's a sure way to job security.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't notice a difference in tactics between the first half and the second half and how that affected the game?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I did not. I saw us get rid of the cheap turnovers in the second half (Bradley was the main culprit in the first half, but Cheyrou and Creavalle had howlers too) and play a crisper passing game, especially with the lead.

I saw us make plays on our goals, and I saw Vancouver not make plays over and over again. We just had better players.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Others see it differently. Thus the fixation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    ? I agree with MightyDM. The last 10 games of the season were not pretty (barring a great half or two). First game this season looks promising, though.
    Forget about pre-season prep. and monitoring the condition of his players, through the year, and rotating them when needed (all areas he felt were neglected, as expressed when he took the helm). You're going to tell me, with a straight face, that the team he trot out for those games was his?

That's what I was highlighting, if the bolded text didn't make it clear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Others see it differently. Thus the fixation.
    Yeh.. the entire league, for instance.

That said, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I did not. I saw us get rid of the cheap turnovers in the second half (Bradley was the main culprit in the first half, but Cheyrou and Creavalle had howlers too) and play a crisper passing game, especially with the lead.

I saw us make plays on our goals, and I saw Vancouver not make plays over and over again. We just had better players.
    We played a different formation in the second half of the game, a flat 4-3-3 rather than a diamond, with our wide midfielders sliding across more to help out the fullback, and we didn't press right up to the half, but instead dropped our defence back about a third of the way into our zone, taking away the long ball.

It was tactically two different games.