Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Don't you wish Jason De Vos could be just a little bit happier a goal has been scored? I know he made a career out of trying to prevent them, but, God, he's just a miserable bastard when it comes to commentating about play after a goal has gone in. Sure, mistakes get made, especially at this level. But often times, a goal gets scored because someone has done something positive and skillful and that deserves to be celebrated, not moaned about.

Celebrate the positive, Jason, quit sounding so bitchy about what went wrong.
    Really tired of his Vancouver lovin...... I mean after calling Montreal's performance shifty after coming on to move on in concacaf...... Today all game he was critical
    of us.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really enjoyed Cheyrou on the ball out there. Very smooth, composed, never panicked. Seemed to me like the polar opposite of JDG when he was in town - get ball, run around in circles like a headless chicken, pass backwards.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell can't play the high line anymore.

A team who presses can exploit that (I like Robbo as a coach, but his team doesn't want the ball enough).

NER are going to make his life miserable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Caldwell can't play the high line anymore.

A team who presses can exploit that (I like Robbo as a coach, but his team doesn't want the ball enough).

NER are going to make his life miserable.
    so why play it them, I don't think any of our backline can play the high line, 1st half proved that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Really tired of his Vancouver lovin...... I mean after calling Montreal's performance shifty after coming on to move on in concacaf...... Today all game he was critical
    of us.....
    Tired of dude in general, seems really petty (dont ask me why, i just get that from the podcasts), definitely feels like TFC did him dirty in some way and hes never ever ever going to forgive or forget it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    so why play it them, I don't think any of our backline can play the high line, 1st half proved that
    We won't play highline and NER will exploit Caldwell with their press and weaving central focused passing.

Actually, I think Perquis and Morrow can play highline. Not sure Hagglund can. Maybe Zaveletta or Simonin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We won't play highline and NER will exploit Caldwell with their press and weaving central focused passing.

Actually, I think Perquis and Morrow can play highline. Not sure Hagglund can. Maybe Zaveletta or Simonin.
    we did 1st half, that's how they scored their goal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Tired of dude in general, seems really petty (dont ask me why, i just get that from the podcasts), definitely feels like TFC did him dirty in some way and hes never ever ever going to forgive or forget it
    He seems to focus on how teams treat local coaches and run their academies. Thinks the world of VCWC and their set up. Went absolutely ballistic over the hiring of Nelsen without badges.

Why he wasn't complaining about Robbo's tactics today I do not know.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, what a great game tonight. To be honest, I came into it a bit apprehensive. There was no doubt in my mind that we were by far the superior team on paper, but Vancouver has typically played very well at BC Place (they only lost three matches at home in 2014) and had a sell-out crowd backing them for their home opener. Vancouver did show quite a lot of energy in the first half and our back line was playing very reactionary, but you could tell when things started to click for TFC after Rivero's goal. A 3-1 result for the first match of a 7-game road stretch is an incredible accomplishment - nevermind the fact it was a come-from-behind win as well. Very happy with the result today.

Three things:

1) Altidore's capabilities really surprised me. Was good to see him making those attempts and really putting an effort in. 2 goals under his belt in his TFC debut match? Great start to the season!

2) All the new guys who haven't had much experience on turf looked pretty confident playing on the pitch. Cheyrou, Altidore, Giovinco, and Perquis all looked pretty comfortable on the BC Place pitch.

3) Is it just me, or was Vanney make those substitutions at just the right time? I'll never forget previous seasons (and coaches) who just did not time the subs right and we would pay for it in the dying minutes of a few games. Vanney did right by that tonight.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...to-fc/boxscore
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-07-2015 at 11:23 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This......those two are the class that we brought in that no one was talking about. I felt it they could hold up they would be a huge gain on experience, and Vanney said as much in a short talk with him. But now everyone will be attacking Caldwell's side.
    Hopefully it won't be as blatantly obvious against clubs without as much pace as the Whitecaps, but Caldwell was the weak link on our back line today, and he was exploited several times in the first half. I would not be surprised if Hagglund is a regular starter by mid season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. Minute by minute coverage in the guardian.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...oronto-fc-live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Hopefully it won't be as blatantly obvious against clubs without as much pace as the Whitecaps, but Caldwell was the weak link on our back line today, and he was exploited several times in the first half. I would not be surprised if Hagglund is a regular starter by mid season.
    how was caldwell our weak link

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Disagree,Yeah Caldwell looked bad few times in 1st half,but our weak link in 1st half was our tactic to defend high,and that was main reason why we got exposed so many times,2nd half we dropped back a bit,and that was a difference maker in this game.

Vanney out-coached Robinson today.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, today's result was only the third time TFC has ever won a season opener and had the largest margin of victory of all three.

2015: Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - 3 Toronto FC
    2014: Seattle Sounders 1 - 2 Toronto FC
    2009: Sporting KC 2 - 3 Toronto FC
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what possibly the fourth or fifth time we've come from behind to win I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of us.....
    ^this, i love hearing de vos talk about bpl, etc but as soon as he talks tfc or canada in general he gets a hard on for the shitecaps and trashes us to no end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

caldwell did well tonight
    Errr... he did reasonably well in the second half (after looking pretty poor in the 1st) but he sticks out like a sore thumb on this team with our renewed style of play. Doesn't have confidence in his passing - put a few hospital balls into the midfield tonight and took the negative pass a little too willingly. Issues with his speed when playing the high line already covered, so I won't harp on those.

In the end it's one game, but if this is the standard I'd be worried for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Errr... he did reasonably well in the second half (after looking pretty poor in the 1st) but he sticks out like a sore thumb on this team with our renewed style of play. Doesn't have confidence in his passing - put a few hospital balls into the midfield tonight and took the negative pass a little too willingly. Issues with his speed when playing the high line already covered, so I won't harp on those.

In the end it's one game, but if this is the standard I'd be worried for him.
    who looked good in the 1st half.
    who gave the ball away for the 1st goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Huh. Minute by minute coverage in the guardian.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...oronto-fc-live
    Wow, tenth-most popular football story in the Guardian on a Saturday? Go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who looked good in the 1st half.
    who gave the ball away for the 1st goal
    I don't know who looked good, but there was hardly anyone who looked worse than Caldwell during that period. I can't see who it was on the replay who gave the ball away but that's a 40+ yard pass to Rivero, followed by a CB getting turned around and left 10 yards behind the target striker which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Tired of dude in general, seems really petty (dont ask me why, i just get that from the podcasts), definitely feels like TFC did him dirty in some way definitely feels like TFC did him dirty in some way and hes never ever ever going to forgive or forget it
    Probably still bitter about not getting the TFC gm job a few years back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a tense opening 30 minutes but once Vanney made some adjustments in the back TFC took over I was impressed with the play of our 3 dps and Kudos goes to indlay with his goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't know who looked good, but there was hardly anyone who looked worse than Caldwell during that period. I can't see who it was on the replay who gave the ball away but that's a 40+ yard pass to Rivero, followed by a CB getting turned around and left 10 yards behind the target striker which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
    Giovinco gave the ball away in their half and then stood there looking at Montreal player as he played the long ball without challenging. Perquis and Caldwell weren't in line to play offside, they scored.
    should you be commentating on a goal u didn't see fully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thrilled with the result, and very happy that it was Altidore and Findley with the goals. Two players coming off rough spells in need of a fast start to get that boost in confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evermorian View Post
    Probably still bitter about not getting the TFC gm job a few years back.
    THIS.

Also maybe DeVos hate for TFC has to do with him being former Montreal Impact player?

Not only that, but TSN/Bell is main sponsor of Whitecaps so that might play a part why TFC doesn't get much respect from TSN crew. The fact next TFC game is going to be on TSN2 while Whitecap games is going to be on main TSN channel says it all (they both pretty much play at same time next week).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco gave the ball away in their half and then stood there looking at Montreal player as he played the long ball without challenging. Perquis and Caldwell weren't in line to play offside, they scored.
    Huh??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Huh??
    great answer pal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you're chirping those who comment on your posts? Also, good English please speak. Or not write.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im so confused lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I saw it live, I just can't see based on the highlights. I stand by my point. Caldwell is left in the dust either way.