View Poll Results: How many points will TFC gain in 2015?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • > 60: Conference Champions

5 4.07%
  • 57 - 60: Top Three Team

17 13.82%
  • 52 - 56: Playoffs, Baby!

58 47.15%
  • 48 - 51: On the Bubble

28 22.76%
  • 44 - 47: Just missed. Again.

8 6.50%
  • 39 - 43: Also-rans

2 1.63%
  • 35 - 38: Lower Table

1 0.81%
  • 30 - 34: Bottom Three Team

0 0%
  • < 30: Cellar Dwellers

4 3.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How many points for TFC in 2015?

It's that time again - how do you all think TFC will do next year? Vote in the poll in the range of points you think they'll have by the end of the season.

For comparison, here's last year's thread: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2014
    And here is the thread from 2013: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2013

Pre-season left me unimpressed. Although better at the back, scoring is still an issue. Sure they scored two last game, but Columbus and Philly beat that same team by 2-0 and 3-0 scores respectively. Coupled with my concerns about player fragility (Caldwell, Morrow and Cheyrou), a mid-season slump, the inevitable injury to one of our DPs, and the loss of at least three of our starters to the Gold Cup, its going to be rough. I expect the 7 game starting roadtrip will end 1-4-2 as the players try to gel. By the time they start playing home games, I figure they will be able to win 10 of them, lose 4 and tie 3. The remaining away games will probably end up 3-5-2 for a total of 49 points.

My feeling is they just might make the playoffs this year, but it's going to be close. Then again, my past forecasts have all been on the conservative side, so they probably will make the playoffs if they can gel. We'll know by end of July if we have reason to hope or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53, 3rd in east. One can dream.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keeping it realistic, i'm calling just missed again but the team will show huge signs of progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, not this thread again...it's the message board equivalent of the curse of the commentator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the amazing quintuple option(MLS Shield, Cup, CA Chapmsionship, CCCL Championship, FIFA Club World Cup). Lulz

Seriously though I think any predication at this point is a crapshoot, so many teams got better all over making our improvement hard to quantify from last years points total.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-01-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23 points in 2012, 29 in 2013, 41 in 2014. In my mind we either continue the trend of slight improvement, or this is the year we break out (as in top 2 in conference all season). I don't see a regression in the cards this year.

49 has gotten you the last playoff spot two seasons in a row in the East now. Because I think we've improved, perennial contenders Houston and SKC are out of the conference, 6 playoff spots up for grabs, and huge question marks about a number of teams in the East (both expansion clubs, Philly, Montreal, Chicago & Red Bulls), I'm saying 52 points, good for 4th place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6th is the goal - everything else is gravy. I'd prefer 4th or above as that guarantees us at least one home playoff date, but I just see too many potential hiccups with this team in terms of how teams can beat us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    6th is the goal - everything else is gravy. I'd prefer 4th or above as that guarantees us at least one home playoff date, but I just see too many potential hiccups with this team in terms of how teams can beat us.
    Also don't forget we will be losing 2 of our DP's and Canadian player or two to international games. So we will be short handed for good month (at least)!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm expecting the first home playoff game on Canadian soil to be held at BMO Field this year, but I believe we'll be in the top 3.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 points, third in the east (i have no rationale for this)

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna have to stick with my prediction made here: TFC/MLS Prediction Contest. TFC will grab 53 points in 2015.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-01-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the talent to be top 3 in the East but factoring in injuries, international duty, and just plain old being TFC I'd say 4th place and 55 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the optimism, after last years "super club" crap I'm a little hesitant.... I also think there is going to be a strike so shortened season so I picked the 39-43 range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14w-12t-8l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guessed 52 in the other thread but I always over estimate so I hedged it in this one and went with 44-47. Hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61. First in east.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to point out to anyone who hasn't taken it yet that the thread at the top of the page has this as question 7.

50 pts, and either third or fourth in the east.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahha.Can we see the team play some regular season games before we make some predictions????? I have not idea. I have not idea how good they will be as a TEAM over the season, I have to see 3-5 regular season games to be able to make a prediction.

I would think, that we have more then enough to make the playoffs, but it all depends on the usual stuff, can we keep shape, can we stay organize, can we defend? We have enough to score enough goals to win games, but the rest of the stuff is about team play, and that I have to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd just like to point out to anyone who hasn't taken it yet that the thread at the top of the page has this as question 7.
    Yes, but I like doing this poll because you end up with a histogram of expectations at the beginning of the season. And we can all marvel at how well we predicted or laugh at how far off we were. It's all about expectations before first kick based on what we've seen in the offseason transactions and grainy, preseason video footage.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Ugh, not this thread again...it's the message board equivalent of the curse of the commentator.
    If it wasn't before it is now. Thanks for mentioning it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Hahahahahha.Can we see the team play some regular season games before we make some predictions????? I have not idea. I have not idea how good they will be as a TEAM over the season, I have to see 3-5 regular season games to be able to make a prediction.
    That defeats the purpose. Wait a couple games and what kind of a prediction is it?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

47. Groundhogs Day replay of last season - promising start, injuries, frustrating end. That's logical me. Emotional me is "squueeeee, moar goalz!!!!!11!!"

I'm actually hopeful that we can do better, we have a better bench and that might get us through. My main concern is injuries at a critical time, say during Gold Cup with MB and JA gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the feeling that we will have a shot at the playoffs maybe a little more than other years but a few key injuries and boom...again. An improvement in total points over last year I think we will see for sure though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have added quality, depth and more young players. Giovinco is here and ready to go before the season stars. 2 good teams move to the west and 2 expansion teams come in. Another playoff spot is added. I went with 52-56 tho our ceiling can be higher. Having those backlogged home games down the stretch gives us the opportunity to finish strong.

If we miss this time... idk. I just don't know anymore lol. Everything is set up for us to make the playoffs and make a dent.

edit- on paper we are a top 3 team in the east.
    Last edited by pdubs; 03-02-2015 at 09:54 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with 52-56, but it's a really tough call...

Sure we added depth, but by the looks of things so did a lot of other teams. Add in the Gold Cup this summer where we lose Bradley and Altidore for a month or so and it's even harder to gauge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say 44-47. It's the next step on our plod to respectability. If we can get the top of that range it'll be playoffs with the "almost every team gets in" thing MLS is doing this year. I'm going low because I think we're weaker up top this year without Defoe and Gilberto. Jozy isn't a replacement. Better in mid, and marginally better at the back. And although he seems a good strategic, tactical thinker I don't think Vanney will motivate to get the best out of this group. If Michael Bradley can fill that hole, we might get to the higher end of the 40s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to answer due to the fact that I am one superstitious bastard. All I ask for is some entertaining, competitive, football this year.