Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC Number 1 in the city !!!

Now this is cool. According to this tweet, the Reds have the most season ticket holders of any sports team in Toronto.

David Hopkinson@TeamHop 2m2 minutes ago
    Fact: @torontofc now has more season seat holders than any other Toronto team. #TFC #COYR.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Now this is cool. According to this tweet, the Reds have the most season ticket holders of any sports team in Toronto.

David Hopkinson@TeamHop 2m2 minutes ago
    Fact: @torontofc now has more season seat holders than any other Toronto team. #TFC #COYR.

No surprises there.

Maple Leafs season ticket holder base is capped while Blue Jays play 81 home games which is too much. Raptors are up and down when comes to season ticket holders (I believe they're currently 2nd in NBA when comes to SSH), but their season ticket prices are expensive (almost expensive as Maple Leafs).

BTW: David Hopkinson is highly ranked MLSE employee. So he knows what he's talking about here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta be number one in something!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty a pretty impressive investment by scalpers considering the economy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, playing in bigger stadium helps a lot, once TFC become a winning team, then we will see huge jump in season ticket holders.

It's crazy to think despite lack of on-field success, TFC manage to sell tons of season tickets. That is impressive to see how strong of support soccer is getting from this market. If this was any other market, then they would have folded by now. This just shows how soccer is here to stay! I think that is bigger story than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's pretty a pretty impressive investment by scalpers considering the economy.
    What's up Og it took you 3 posts to get in the scalper comment,lol you are slipping up my boy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    What's up Og it took you 3 posts to get in the scalper comment,lol you are slipping up my boy
    Its been a rough 24 hours.

Spock is dead, I see white and gold and the black Llama got shafted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't deal with this white and gold dress anymore. I'm losing my sh1t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Also, playing in bigger stadium helps a lot, once TFC become a winning team, then we will see huge jump in season ticket holders.

It's crazy to think despite lack of on-field success, TFC manage to sell tons of season tickets. That is impressive to see how strong of support soccer is getting from this market. If this was any other market, then they would have folded by now. This just shows how soccer is here to stay! I think that is bigger story than anything else.
    I don't know, lots of teams in lots of sports never win championships have a solid base of support.

Or maybe that damned dress is driving me crazy, too....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one wants to live on this planet any more.

If Marty Mcfly saw this coming he would stayed in the 80's.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I don't know, lots of teams in lots of sports never win championships have a solid base of support.

Or maybe that damned dress is driving me crazy, too....
    Well how many of those teams never made it to the playoffs in their history and always finish with losing record (below .500)?

Add the fact MLS isn't "mainstream" sport in NA, it's even more impressive that TFC can still manage to sell 20K season tickets.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I can't deal with this white and gold dress anymore. I'm losing my sh1t.
    Hmmm...I wonder if a team will produce a jersey in those colours...and put the goalie in one that has the exact same pattern, but the colours reversed.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Well how many of those teams never made it to the playoffs in their history and always finish with losing record (below .500)?

Add the fact MLS isn't "mainstream" sport in NA, it's even more impressive that TFC can still manage to sell 20K season tickets.
    TFC have definitely set records for futility that are hard to match. It's true, most teams that go through lean years have also had years of success.

Of course, TFC spent "mainstream" money to sell those tickets. Someday I hope we are unable to have this kind of discussion, when MLS is mainstream and TFC are perpetual winners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder if a team will produce a jersey in those colours...and put the goalie in one that has the exact same pattern, but the colours reversed.
    It already has been produced!! And by a Canadian team, no doubt... behold the White and Gold!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....aaaaaAAAHHHH!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to the conversation, it's not really fair to judge it like that when the average season seat for TFC costs the same as a pair of tickets to 1 leaf game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to the conversation, it's not really fair to judge it like that when the average season seat for TFC costs the same as a pair of tickets to 1 leaf game...
    And the fact that the Leafs cap their season tickets whereas TFC want to sell as many as they can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    And the fact that the Leafs cap their season tickets whereas TFC want to sell as many as they can.
    TFC caps theirs as well - the cap this year will be higher than the capacity of the ACC. It was 17,500 in prior years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spock is dead
    WHAT?! <googles>

. . .

I've lost a part of my soul.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently TFC fans are the #1 beer consumers too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the other way around......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC caps theirs as well - the cap this year will be higher than the capacity of the ACC. It was 17,500 in prior years.
    Leafs cap theirs at under 8000 out of 18000+. TFC was 18000/21000 - As many as they could.
    Leafs could easily sell 18000 season tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who does this guy think he is kidding?

To get to 18K, you have to sell something like 8K worth of $60 seats.

There is no way.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leafs cap theirs at under 8000 out of 18000+. TFC was 18000/21000 - As many as they could.
    thats the point I'm making... TFC cap their season seats at a higher number than the capacity of the ACC. No doubt that the leafs could sell more, but physically they can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some quick research and I found this quote from a Toronto star article. "The Air Canada Centre holds 18,800 spectators for hockey games, and MLSE says season tickets account for 95 per cent of the seats sold" Leafs have sold as many season tickets as they possibly can, same thing tfc is trying to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Who does this guy think he is kidding?

To get to 18K, you have to sell something like 8K worth of $60 seats.

There is no way.
    His statement doesn't lend itself to much parsing of the words. Do you think he's just straight up lying about it? Seems like a pretty bombastic lie to offer up on his own over Twitter, unprompted. Maybe Giovinco led to an avalanche of new ST sales, due to the large Italian community?

At any rate - yay? I guess this is nice for the ongoing financial health of our team, but I actually find it to be marginally embarrassing, considering how bad the team has been, for how long. Prolonged failure should have consequences at the gate. I wan't to clarify that I'm not betting against the house here - I want our team to be a success on all levels, and from that perspective, strong season ticket sales will hopefully mean deeper pockets for the on-field product, which continues to lag far behind. I guess I'm just conflicted.

Plus, as others have pointed out, it's a bit of a technical victory anyway, since the Leafs would surpass them handily, if they could fit in more seats. But hey - you can only sell the seats you have.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    apparently TFC fans are the #1 beer consumers too.
    Unsurprising, given the product on the pitch.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    His statement doesn't lend itself to much parsing of the words. Do you think he's just straight up lying about it? Seems like a pretty bombastic lie to offer up on his own over Twitter, unprompted. Maybe Giovinco led to an avalanche of new ST sales, due to the large Italian community?
    Sports marketing, when it comes to ticket sales and similar, is a vast wasteland of deceitful behaviour. This guy has peddled some big time whoppers in his short time here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

At any rate - yay? I guess this is nice for the ongoing financial health of our team, but I actually find it to be marginally embarrassing, considering how bad the team has been, for how long. Prolonged failure should have consequences at the gate. I wan't to clarify that I'm not betting against the house here - I want our team to be a success on all levels, and from that perspective, strong season ticket sales will hopefully mean deeper pockets for the on-field product, which continues to lag far behind. I guess I'm just conflicted.

Plus, as others have pointed out, it's a bit of a technical victory anyway, since the Leafs would surpass them handily, if they could fit in more seats. But hey - you can only sell the seats you have.
    If it's embarrassing that we sold that many after 8 years what's that say about he Leafs? Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Sports marketing, when it comes to ticket sales and similar, is a vast wasteland of deceitful behaviour. This guy has peddled some big time whoppers in his short time here.
    Been with MLSE for 20 years.

Fact check man