RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D.

Result aside a lot of good performances last night from Lovitz and Chapman. Really think Lovitz should start over Jackson this season. His ability to cross the ball and take on the backs on the flank is what we need to not be so centrally overloaded in attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=denime;1722748]Mornin'

New Toronto FC Commercial Takes Shot at Jermain Defoe

Good morning D.
    We believe the commercial should have left out the first five or six seconds . . .
    we should forget 'him', that is the past and we should concentrate on the future.
    Can't wait for March 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I find the start of that ad to be bush league. You can blame Defoe (and his Mum) all you like for the whole debacle, but MLSE/TFC share at least as much blame for signing him in the first place. We've turned a new corner. We have a new coach, an entirely new coaching team, we have two new DPs and a slew of new players and a new-ish stadium. Why would we focus an advertising campaign on a failure? It looks pathetic and petty. Focus on what's new and good not on what happened last year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Villa TFC View Post
    I agree. I find the start of that ad to be bush league. You can blame Defoe (and his Mum) all you like for the whole debacle, but MLSE/TFC share at least as much blame for signing him in the first place. We've turned a new corner. We have a new coach, an entirely new coaching team, we have two new DPs and a slew of new players and a new-ish stadium. Why would we focus an advertising campaign on a failure? It looks pathetic and petty. Focus on what's new and good not on what happened last year.
    It's as close to an admission to being wrong you're going to see. It no doubt stems from the fact regardless what they did this offseason they were hurled with "bloody big failure". To me, they are at least acknowledging that.

But it is only a commercial after all.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like it, pulling down the bloody big deal signs admits the whole project was a failure, no more jazz and gimicks. its time to watch grown up, tough, men play football