Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CCL thread 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone going to be watching this game cheering on Club America? As in at Shoeless Joe's or something?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One of the best NASL keepers, already trained with Montreal. This gets interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Is anyone going to be watching this game cheering on Club America? As in at Shoeless Joe's or something?
    Won't be at the pub, but I'll be behind CA all the way. Fuck the limpact. Hope they get pumped 8-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Ryan!!! The more the goal difference is the better!!!

Fuck the impact!!!

COYR!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 46m46 minutes ago Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal Kristian Nicht was only person left in an Indy pub as he watched 1st leg of Impact-America. Had no idea he would wind up playing in 2nd leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game last week was listed as Sportsnet World and slot at Sportsnet 1 was saved for "NHL hockey." (Guess in case of lots of 7s?)

Soccer game tomorrow now listed for both SNW and SN1. Oh yeah.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So CONCACAF actually took action about all the shit being thrown on the pitch in Costa Rica in the semis, and the monkey chants directed at Oduro. I'm stunned. Step in the right direction for sure... now maybe they'll do something about the bags of urine?

Alajuelense fined for fan racism, behaviour during Champions League game against Impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fucked up if they win this thing without starting a single Canadian

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any streams for tonight?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    So CONCACAF actually took action about all the shit being thrown on the pitch in Costa Rica in the semis, and the monkey chants directed at Oduro. I'm stunned. Step in the right direction for sure... now maybe they'll do something about the bags of urine?

Alajuelense fined for fan racism, behaviour during Champions League game against Impact
    That's interesting. I wonder if they will do anything against CA for the constant laser pointers in the last game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It's fucked up if they win this thing without starting a single Canadian
    Reason why I was against those who were avidly supporting MTL on this forum. This has nothing to do with Canadian soccer, other than the team being from a Canadian city. I was supporting the limpact when they made it to the QF's, because they had atleast 4 Canadians in their starting lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    Reason why I was against those who were avidly supporting MTL on this forum. This has nothing to do with Canadian soccer, other than the team being from a Canadian city. I was supporting the limpact when they made it to the QF's, because they had atleast 4 Canadians in their starting lineup.
    I could care less if they are starting Canadians or not, this is huge for MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how this is huge for mls, they are not an mls team in this competition. They do not represent mls in this competition, they qualified via voyageurs cup. mls has no mechanism for them to qualify and I would imagine they would rather see any American based team in this slot over mtl.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 46m46 minutes ago Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal Kristian Nicht was only person left in an Indy pub as he watched 1st leg of Impact-America. Had no idea he would wind up playing in 2nd leg
    My German brother in law just noticed this guy played years ago for his hometown team, 3/4 division Stuttgart Kickers.

Incidentily, their current team usually features more Canadians on the pitch than the Impact, for those who follow such things

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Edwini-Bonsu
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I don't understand how this is huge for mls, they are not an mls team in this competition. They do not represent mls in this competition, they qualified via voyageurs cup. mls has no mechanism for them to qualify and I would imagine they would rather see any American based team in this slot over mtl.
    Both in Mexico and all over MLS world, this game is seen as MLS vs. Liga MX. And quite a few people equate beating up Liga MX teams with growth in MLS.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. You're reaching pretty far if you're trying to classify Montreal as anything but an MLS club. Qualifying through V-Cup changes nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both in Mexico and all over MLS world, this game is seen as MLS vs. Liga MX. And quite a few people equate beating up Liga MX teams with growth in MLS.
    Not to mention having a Canadian team win it may change the coefficient so we don't get stuck in the arse draw every single year.

That being said, I hate everything about this match. I know it's good for a lot of reasons but why them of all teams?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fine details about how they qualified and what nationality their players are do not really matter to the wider audience. They just see an upstart (Canadian) MLS team taking on a Mexican giant in the continental final.

That storyline is going to be huge for MLS no matter the angle.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The fine details about how they qualified and what nationality their players are do not really matter to the wider audience. They just see an upstart (Canadian) MLS team taking on a Mexican giant in the continental final.

That storyline is going to be huge for MLS no matter the angle.
    This.

I remember being so behind RSL when they made the finals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not to mention having a Canadian team win it may change the coefficient so we don't get stuck in the arse draw every single year.

That being said, I hate everything about this match. I know it's good for a lot of reasons but why them of all teams?
    Would you rather have Vancouver?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Any streams for tonight?
    check back closer to the game, but firstrowsports.eu is always your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    This.

i'm just not in the spirit of cheering for our rivals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    This.

I was too. Plus they were playing such beautiful football at the time.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I was too. Plus they were playing such beautiful football at the time.

This.

Unlike Montreal playing Chelsea ball. Anywhooo good luck MTL!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a second Canadian team get a preliminary round game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If by coefficient you mean the number of teams? That will never change for a country that has only 5 teams. Regardless if MTL win it. (and it wouldn't seem right)
    But if you mean coefficient for which pot we will enter that doesn't really matter TBH. Considering they were drawn against a team from the US, and El Salvador the pot shit doesn't really matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ not happening.

I'd like to see a second Canadian team get a preliminary round game.
    What I would like to see is the US get a 5th spot, with Canadian teams being able to qualify through the MLS. I.e. if TFC, MTL, WFC win the MLS Cup or Supporters shield.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    If by coefficient you mean the number of teams? That will never change for a country that has only 5 teams. Regardless if MTL win it. (and it wouldn't seem right)
    But if you mean coefficient for which pot we will enter that doesn't really matter TBH. Considering they were drawn against a team from the US, and El Salvador the pot shit doesn't really matter.
    Having an extra game to qualify does matter.

I agree we probably won't get 2 teams in the competition in the near future, although add a couple more NASL teams and we might see it happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's slow down here. This is not huge for MLS as a global brand. It's huge within MLS.

The Club World Cup is as pointless as the 3rd/4th place Playoff at the World Cup. Its purely a commercial enterprise. The only reason its gained any weight is because MLS is getting desperate, and the Impact as a franchise knew without this cup run, the season would be a write off. Its a bottom of the league club playing in an absolute joke of a competition.

Its so mickey mouse to support your rival. Fuck the League, fuck it being good for Canadian soccer (it won't make a difference, not a single Canadian will be on the pitch). I'm a TFC fan, and I hate the Impact. If anyone on here who is cheering for the Impact tonight dares to sing about their loyalty for TFC this year, they are merely showing how amateur and cringe worthy this league can be. It's embarrassing. We need a rivalry, not a lets-hold-hands-and-have-a-picnic mentality.

Anyways, rant over. I love all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it when loyalties are questioned on this board. It fosters such great conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I love it when loyalties are questioned on this board. It fosters such great conversation.
    yeah, I admit. I went a bit far there LOL