Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: CCL thread 2015

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't stay up, can't believe this morning that Montreal pulled through on away goals. That was an achievement, a teal test of the players, almost impossible to play in a situation like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominic Oduro ‏@Freakyfast8 6h6 hours ago So sad that in this generation some fans still make monkey noises when black players are playing the game. Shame to all #alajuelense fans

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dominic Oduro ‏@Freakyfast8 6h6 hours ago So sad that in this generation some fans still make monkey noises when black players are playing the game. Shame to all #alajuelense fans
    Maybe the race issue, and CR making it to the final it in the WC, can make FIFA and Concacaf finally do something about what goes on in Central America.

The racism, throwing of objects, the general intimidation via harassing visiting teams buses and hotels down there ... would all change in a hurry if it cost their teams in WC qualifying.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The racism, throwing of objects, the general intimidation via harassing visiting teams buses and hotels down there ... would all change in a hurry if it cost their teams in WC qualifying.
    Yeah right - the same thing happens in Europe all the time - and rarely anything happens. Hell, look where the next World Cup is being held

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the race issue, and CR making it to the final it in the WC, can make FIFA and Concacaf finally do something about what goes on in Central America.

This is the same organization that has put the next two world cups in countries with massive human rights issues. So trust me when I say nothing will happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Yeah right - the same thing happens in Europe all the time - and rarely anything happens. Hell, look where the next World Cup is being held
    I'd hardly say the "same thing"... did you see the replay where a coin literally bounced off back of the Montreal keeper's head? Or the fact the linesmen were edging towards the pitch because of the amount of crap being thrown? That amount of crap ending up on the pitch would result in at least fines in Europe, possibly stadium bans. I'll be surprised if CONCACAF even issue a statement about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honduras, Panama, CR, El Salvador are not Russia. They can't buy the kind of influence Russia has, and if their behaviour gives FIFA a black eye, they will be road kill.

Question is what will ultimately give FIFA a black eye? Because it's coming, one of these days....

There is a big and growing bus attack problem that is probably FIFA's biggest worry right now. It happened to America in the first leg of the other semifinal, there was the Fenerbahce incident last week.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-08-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    I'd hardly say the "same thing"... did you see the replay where a coin literally bounced off back of the Montreal keeper's head? Or the fact the linesmen were edging towards the pitch because of the amount of crap being thrown? That amount of crap ending up on the pitch would result in at least fines in Europe, possibly stadium bans. I'll be surprised if CONCACAF even issue a statement about it.
    You miss the Russian keeper getting hit on the head with a flare qualifying last week?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they stopped that game and will likely give Macedonia a huge fine and force home games behind doors.

Coin given to a CONCACAF official and nothing done last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It hasn't been 24hrs since the game finished.

And CONCACAF laid out all sorts of bans and fines after the America Herandino first leg, so don't completely write off any sanctions just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great Game

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Didn't stay up, can't believe this morning that Montreal pulled through on away goals. That was an achievement, a teal test of the players, almost impossible to play in a situation like that.
    I did stay up to watch the game. It was very scary, as the Costa Ricans were always threatening to score but timely counter attacking goals by Montreal gave them relief until the next wave came. Great result for Montreal and MLS. Even Oduro looks good. Great cross for opening goal for Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If America go through I think I would go down to Mexico city, Champions League Final at Azteca I think that is as good as it gets for the region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    fox sports 2. just find a stream
    On Sportsnet World in our native land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal has already sold 15 k for the 2nd leg at the the big O. Damn... If this wasn't a Wednesday - I would be making the drive down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMFC reporting 20k sold for final already. They are going to sell out in the Big O
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only get rid of this first two. intimidation is good...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/336441/2/...herediano.html

make sure to use a good ad blocker

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 mins in and 2-0 America (3-2 Herediano on aggregate)

turning into quite a massacre at Azteca

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/montreal's chances of winning this thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMFC reporting 20k sold for final already. They are going to sell out in the Big O
    Yeah they better sell it out.

9 mins in and 2-0 America (3-2 Herediano on aggregate)

turning into quite a massacre at Azteca
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    /montreal's chances of winning this thing
    No one survives at Azteca. That place has a 100,000+ seating capacity, the final is going to be nuts.

I want to visit that stadium at some point in my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game over

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think I'll get tickets for it...
    Yeah really...... Would be fun to see, the opponents will be good . And no matter what I'd enjoy some good soccer, for a change. I wish that wasn't the case but......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus 4-0.

A hat trick 25 min into the game. WOW.

And now a red....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Darwin Quintero, TFC Legend.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to America vs. Cruz Azul last weekend, America were selling tickets for this match for less than $5, I knew the club was going to make a push to make a late run to the Club World Cup.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5-0.

4 goals for Benedetto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The manita!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pure murder out there. Montreal will need all the help to survive Azteca

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least they go to Azteca in the first game.