Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, although they haven't scored a goal yet against MLS competition.

Man, I wouldn't want to lay a bet on this season. Who knows what's going to happen?
    Its early to say but barring an incredible improvement and cohesion Sat I'm prepared to call this preseason another in a line of squandered potential to see a proper ramp up to the season with a dose of chemistry. The hopeful flashes have been too few.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if the game was posted for viewing on youtube? I looked, but no luck finding it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    Does anyone else find it slightly ridiculous that we played our B team against an MLS side and for our final pre-season match before we kick off our season, our A team will face a U-23 side?

Redbull would have been a better warm up for the starters, Yes/no?

I understand Vanney wants the starters use to playing once a week, this also gives me the belief that we will not be heading back to champions League play until we've reach the playoffs in league play. I suspect the side we saw against Redbull will be the side playing in mid week Voyagers cup matches.

So unless the B team improves drastically between now and then, we're sunk imo. The Caps and Impact will be bringing their A game most likely.

BTW, I'm super jealous of the fact that the Caps have Robinson as their manager, by all appearances he seems to have them playing great soccer, he seems far more confident than Vanney as a manager, and so far has been a very shrewd evaluator of talent. Wish we have never fucked him by sending him to Redbull, maybe then he'd have been in our system.
    In the pre-match interview, Robin Fraser stated "appropriate rest days" as the reason behind the A team not playing. With a 6 fold increase in injuries with less than 5 days between games, that's a pretty good reason not to have them go full out. In addition, they may have had a "hard" day on Tuesday, and the last thing you should do is play a match the next day.

I understand the desire to have our best play against top competition to get ready, but it has to be carefully weighed against the athlete's recovery. Vanney is on top of this stuff, and I think it's the reason we've been injury free so far.

I know Vanney attended Verheijen's talk at the recent UofT coaches conf., and Verheijen is one of the top experts in football periodization, so I will trust him on this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Its early to say but barring an incredible improvement and cohesion Sat I'm prepared to call this preseason another in a line of squandered potential to see a proper ramp up to the season with a dose of chemistry. The hopeful flashes have been too few.
    Agreed..... Watching the 'A' team the other day shocked me watching the mls blue collars..... hold the ball way to long while our 'stars' were constantly looking for it. As a previous supporter of Lovitz his touch let him down and his crosses were lacking. Our weaker players really showed up our problem areas. And Bendict was simply not in the game..... Perquis stopped 2 goals with Bendict out of position. The teams in our division look very prepared. One thing is certain. There are no guarantees on success this year. What I was afraid of its everyone is trying FYI impress the stars instead of paying their game. I have yet to see a team playing out there, it's early but, hopefully they settle down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a comparison of pre-season / regular season results. I'd suspect the correlation is close to zero.

Not really much to take from all this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easy to want to draw conclusions from pre-season play, but like ag, I suspect the statistically significant correlation isn't there.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if tomorrow's game will be streamed? Also, what time? They say afternoon, but specifics would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure of the exact time but the IMG website says the two afternoon games will be at 12:00 and 2:30. Doesn't look like IMG will be streaming the games, but maybe TFC will get something set-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's going to suck if the game is not streamed, knowing that the starters will be playing. Hope TFC will do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see how they look before the season kicks off. That is of course if it does kick off.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Does anyone know if tomorrow's game will be streamed? Also, what time? They say afternoon, but specifics would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Not sure of the exact time but the IMG website says the two afternoon games will be at 12:00 and 2:30. Doesn't look like IMG will be streaming the games, but maybe TFC will get something set-up.
    Most tourneys would put the lowest seeded games first. I'll be looking around at noon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Most tourneys would put the lowest seeded games first. I'll be looking around at noon.
    Will do, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then it will be the 2:30 match.. that London fc and the foreign club, that we beat would be the nooner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC just tweeted 2:30 pm and live streamed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Will do, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    Then it will be the 2:30 match.. that London fc and the foreign club, that we beat would be the nooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFC just tweeted 2:30 pm and live streamed.
    Confirmed on their site as well we have the 2:30pm. Thanks Gents!