Page 173 of 197 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on twitter from right now, this is their crowd in the middle of the Argonauts game. To think they make fun of our attendance? Our lowest attended year was still 80% full...I don't think even when we had a smaller stadium without a roof and during a rain storm we ever had a crowd like this. They have tens of thousands of people walking right by the stadium right now and this is all they pull. So embarassing, I hope people driving by the stadium don't think this is a TFC game.

Last edited by mistercorporate; 08-20-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I'm not happy. Someone is in my seat.....

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Saw this on twitter from right now, this is their crowd in the middle of the Argonauts game. To think they make fun of our attendance? Our lowest attended year was still 80% full...I don't think even when we had a smaller stadium without a roof and during a rain storm we ever had a crowd like this. They have tens of thousands of people walking right by the stadium right now and this is all they pull. So embarassing, I hope people driving by the stadium don't think this is a TFC game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on twitter from right now, this is their crowd in the middle of the Argonauts game.
    First quarter right after a punt - by the box score, I'd say that's 3 minutes into the game. The equivalent of the first 5 minutes for TFC.
    They really really need to work on their pricing. That having been said, looking over at the West during the NER game the expensive seats were half full at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or are Argo fans wearing a lot of red?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not happy. Someone is in my seat.....
    This my friends is what we'll get if we leave MLS for Canadian Pro League.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    This my friends is what we'll get if we leave MLS for Canadian Pro League.
    Which is why I'm glad MLS only cares about the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendence tonight was 15k. Is it just me or does it look like less than 10k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Announced 15k...
    damn.
    This is embarrassing for somebody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    First quarter right after a punt - by the box score, I'd say that's 3 minutes into the game. The equivalent of the first 5 minutes for TFC.
    They really really need to work on their pricing. That having been said, looking over at the West during the NER game the expensive seats were half full at best.
    Flipped by it half way through the 3rd quarter - didn't look much better. Even the announcer alluded to attendance problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Announced 15k...
    damn.
    This is embarrassing for somebody.
    There is no way this is 15K
    13K tops and that's generous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the Toronto Sun today:

"there couldn’t have been more than 5,000 people in the stands. Attendance would be announced at 15,157, a number immediately met with incredulity along media row, though it did seem to exceed, at least to the naked eye, that mid-July Ottawa Redblacks debacle.Pre-game, the much-hyped tailgate experience was as appealing as stale ale. No atmosphere, no buzz, no telling how low this first season at BMO will reach with five home dates now in the books and basically one remaining game left with any relevance — a Sept. 11 visit by Hamilton.
    Outside of the season opener against the Ticats, none of the following four games came close to drawing 20,000.
    You must now wonder how much money this franchise will end up in the red, perhaps reaching $20 million when one considers the high price of doing business at BMO."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    from the Toronto Sun today:

"there couldn’t have been more than 5,000 people in the stands. Attendance would be announced at 15,157, a number immediately met with incredulity along media row, though it did seem to exceed, at least to the naked eye, that mid-July Ottawa Redblacks debacle.Pre-game, the much-hyped tailgate experience was as appealing as stale ale. No atmosphere, no buzz, no telling how low this first season at BMO will reach with five home dates now in the books and basically one remaining game left with any relevance — a Sept. 11 visit by Hamilton.
    Outside of the season opener against the Ticats, none of the following four games came close to drawing 20,000.
    You must now wonder how much money this franchise will end up in the red, perhaps reaching $20 million when one considers the high price of doing business at BMO."
    From the same article, sounds like a eulogy. RIP Argos:
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/20...-eskimos-46-23

The Argos haven’t given their fans anything to rally around this season. The Boatmen’s new management team has done nothing to fire up support and, not surprisingly, no one is showing up at BMO Field.

Pre-game, the much-hyped tailgate experience was as appealing as stale ale. No atmosphere, no buzz, no telling how low this first season at BMO will reach with five home dates now in the books and basically one remaining game left with any relevance — a Sept. 11 visit by Hamilton.

You must now wonder how much money this franchise will end up in the red, perhaps reaching $20 million when one considers the high price of doing business at BMO.

The product on the field is ugly and the attendance numbers are even uglier.Not even a visit by Saskatchewan elicits any excitement, the Riders coming to town for the home season finale on Oct. 15, but it’s a team in transition and by that date not even fans of Riderville will have any reason to buy a ticket for the game.Right now, there’s no reason for anyone, unless you’re a diehard fan, to come to BMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, that sucks.
    Since the Argos are at BMO regardless, Id rather they represent the city well, and fill up the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had fun walking around BMO and sitting in whatever section I wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, that sucks.
    Since the Argos are at BMO regardless, Id rather they represent the city well, and fill up the stadium.
    In fairness, I think the more money they bring in the more can be put into keeping the field in good shape. The worst outcome would be they muck it up regardless and there's no resources to fix it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know who paying for field maintenance and the back and forth switching, but I doubt it's the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, that sucks.
    The money and attention being TFC centric should keep the stadium decision making TFC centric as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, that sucks.
    Ditto. Like it or not, the Argos are here to stay, so I want to succeed. They have a long way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On twitter, I see some TFC fans are still arguing with that Blue Patch Boys account. What's the point? We won. The Argos are no threat to us, their fanbase is a joke and couldn't be bothered to support the team. Time to stop giving attention to that account and let it fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    On twitter, I see some TFC fans are still arguing with that Blue Patch Boys account. What's the point? We won. The Argos are no threat to us, their fanbase is a joke and couldn't be bothered to support the team. Time to stop giving attention to that account and let it fade away.
    We've proven their dillusions wrong one fact at a time, there's only a couple more they have still dangling around. 1) They still think they're breaking even financially because of the Grey Cup every few years and... 2) They think they're a success because they get 500,000 bored farmboys and grandpas from the prairies watching (they still claim most of the viewers are from the GTA hahahaha!) 3) They think we're losing money. Give me a break...look at our seating map for the next home game, only a few seats available and they're $87/a pop for the upper deck corner seats lol, which means $100 average tickets minimum (remember we also have luxury seating and premium seats) x 27,000 average paid tickets x 20 home games minimum = $54 million + $4 million shirt sponsorship alone + merchandising + food/drink, etc. and we're well over $60 million in revenue. Our DP's are just a quarter of that cost... This is a massive financial success for MLSE even with shit TV ratings. We've only got one way to go, and that's up baby! Expect stadium expansion talk to start again within 2 years. A 10 year old franchise which will one day be among the top sports entities in the entire country, book it.

I say keep calling them out on their dillusional crap since they're always wrong...leave no quarter, they insult TFC or soccer, they pay. Period. Half the fun of sports is stomping on and destroying your most disrespectful and arrogant adversaries, it's fun!
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 08-21-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly, that sucks.

I used to have sympathy for the Argos stadium situation - but years of them and the CFL fucking around with getting a stadium fit for their league, them thinking they were bigger than they really were, putting no effort into connecting with the community aside from sending Pinball out to do events - I'm through with them.

So many poor business decisions made by the Argos management has sunk this club to where they are.

Let's remember, TFC almost shared this exact same fate of poor attendance and severe lack of interest even though they had a stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've proven their dillusions wrong one fact at a time, there's only a couple more they have still dangling around. 1) They still think they're breaking even financially because of the Grey Cup every few years and... 2) They think they're a success because they get 500,000 bored farmboys and grandpas from the prairies watching (they still claim most of the viewers are from the GTA hahahaha!) 3) They think we're losing money. Give me a break...look at our seating map for the next home game, only a few seats available and they're $87/a pop for the upper deck corner seats lol, which means $100 average tickets minimum (remember we also have luxury seating and premium seats) x 27,000 average paid tickets x 20 home games minimum = $54 million + $4 million shirt sponsorship alone + merchandising + food/drink, etc. and we're well over $60 million in revenue. Our DP's are just a quarter of that cost... This is a massive financial success for MLSE even with shit TV ratings. We've only got one way to go, and that's up baby! Expect stadium expansion talk to start again within 2 years. A 10 year old franchise which will one day be among the top sports entities in the entire country, book it.

I say keep calling them out on their delusional crap since they're always wrong...leave no quarter, they insult TFC or soccer, they pay. Period. Half the fun of sports is stomping on and destroying your most disrespectful and arrogant adversaries, it's fun!
    While I share your enthusiasm and TFC's success in the future the math you show is off.
    Its a 17 game season. The Canadian Championship attendance is far less and most tickets are thrown in to the season tickets holders and less expensive to the walk up fan.
    Also 3,000 tickets are in the $20+ range with many other less than ~$50 or less. Average ticket cost is not $100. I don't see ticket revenue past the mid to high $30's M.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    While I share your enthusiasm and TFC's success in the future the math you show is off.
    Its a 17 game season. The Canadian Championship attendance is far less and most tickets are thrown in to the season tickets holders and less expensive to the walk up fan.
    Also 3,000 tickets are in the $20+ range with many other less than ~$50 or less. Average ticket cost is not $100. I don't see ticket revenue past the mid to high $30's M.
    also MLS takes a big cut of gate receipts
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I used to have sympathy for the Argos stadium situation - but years of them and the CFL fucking around with getting a stadium fit for their league, them thinking they were bigger than they really were, putting no effort into connecting with the community aside from sending Pinball out to do events - I'm through with them.

So many poor business decisions made by the Argos management has sunk this club to where they are.

Let's remember, TFC almost shared this exact same fate of poor attendance and severe lack of interest even though they had a stadium.
    Attendance, people in the stands for TFC was getting pretty bad. They had crowds in the 10K, man there was even ome in the 5-6K. TFC is in many ways still an in-stadium experience as reflected by the TV rating. People in general go to as games as reflected by the increased attendance, but for most it a night of entertainment out.

Things are getting so bad for the Argonauts they are on the verge of even making a mess of the Grey Cup and that says a lot. Some ego is involved that has prevented the the Argos business operations from being fully integrated into the MLSE setup. Some aspects of things such as parterships already have been, I believe this season would have been a different story for the Argos if they had put a management agreement in place and just let MLSE run it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you imagine an NFL franchise in Toronto? I wonder what the excuse would be when GTA residents flock to see an NFL game, not like thousands don't already go to Buffalo already.

Look, the CFL and Argo's are minor league, its ok to draw less than 10K a game, there are a thousand soccer clubs around the world that are local and don't draw many people, they all survive and have tradition.

The sooner the CFL/TSN realise its in a downward trend the better, American/Canadian Football is getting left behind for more progressive sports.

It would be nice if we didn't get all this Argo's nonsense shoved down our throats, but once TV rating go to shit within two decades tops they're going to be in a world of hurt if they have not planned around restructuring the entire league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what the terms for the Argos playing at BMO are? Do they pay rent? Do they get any proceeds from concessions? Parking? Advertising? If the answer is NO to all then they are doomed. Basically they moved a few kilometres from Rogers to BMO for nothing. They should have found a better deal somewhere else, maybe partner with a University. I did hear that the Argos were to pay for some of the renovations but somehow I think they have not paid a cent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Could you imagine an NFL franchise in Toronto? I wonder what the excuse would be when GTA residents flock to see an NFL game, not like thousands don't already go to Buffalo already.

They didn't go see the Bills which is why Toronto will not get an NFL team for the foreseeable future. The NFL expects communities to flock no matter what and pay for a new stadium every 25 years or so. Toronto isn't going to do that. Its a religion in the States and has enough following in London and maybe Mexico City to sustain a team outside the US. It ain't coming here.

That having been said, the CFL can do reasonably well here with 20-25K a game, which is very doable if they have the patience to spend the 5 years to get there - or if they built a stadium out in York Region like they should have.

That raises a question - are the Argos locked into a long term contract at BMO? Can they get out of it if they had to, and if so, when? I don't see Bell and LT wanting to build but if a nice parcel of land with a lot of condo potential became available along the 407...

BTW, the TV numbers are actually going up for the CFL from the last 2 seasons. Not up to the million mark again yet but getting there.

Which is why the smart bet is still on soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People didn't go to the Bills games here because the idiots at Rogers overpriced tickets at 2-3 times over what they have should been, its the reason you see so many people go to Leafs/Bills games in Buffulo, you get the whole cross border shopping benefit and not get gouged at the ticket booth.

A team in Toronto will come, who knows when though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Ditto. Like it or not, the Argos are here to stay, so I want to succeed. They have a long way to go.
    I have to disagree with you, the Argos are paying rent its not cheap to play at BMO...they can only have losses for so long before there is no money to pay rent...i am sure they will try to partner with Yorku or UofT Erindale sooner than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I have to disagree with you, the Argos are paying rent its not cheap to play at BMO...they can only have losses for so long before there is no money to pay rent...i am sure they will try to partner with Yorku or UofT Erindale sooner than later.
    I only want the Argos to succeed because they're not going anywhere. They have quite a few powerful politicians (John Tory, Norm Kelly, Mark Grimes) behind them who want them to succeed at any cost. These politicians are (sorry to sound a little rude here) white conservatives who have little clue about soccer, and grew up when the Argos meant something. They can't handle the idea that Toronto is a multicultural city who have no interest a bland, boring CFL team.