Page 164 of 197 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 5892
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Regular admission prices for TheEx:

$18 GA (14 to 65)
    $15 Children under 13 and Seniors over 65
    $56 Family pass 1 adult, 3 kids or 2 adults 2 kids

$6 after 5pm

33% off until August 18.

I was thinking about this as well, but with the inevitable processing fee you would have on the Argo ticket, you are further ahead paying cash at the entrance to the Ex.
    Thanks for the numbers - I didn't realize that the price dropped 66% at 5 pm.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Thanks for the numbers - I didn't realize that the price dropped 66% at 5 pm.
    As long as it`s Monday-Thursday, and not on Labour Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    "If the Argonauts were smart they'd do a tie in with Pokemon Go and have an exclusive Pokemon available inside BMO Field (and maybe at the Tailgates and the Shipyard too) for the July 25th game."

Some great ideas how to save Argos

Looks like they are actually doing it. Lets see how that goes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would work if the fan base wasn't full of old geezers who couldn't work a smartphone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ the blue seats, its gonna be a sea of empty red seats on Monday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say this but I strongly believe there is going to be quite a bit of Pokemon Go going on tomorrow night at BMO. Nothing official because the team doesn't need it but with that many people around a public venue, and a lot of people currently addicted to the game, don't be surprised if your neighbour in the stands isn't looking at their cell phone more often then normal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I hate to say this but I strongly believe there is going to be quite a bit of Pokemon Go going on tomorrow night at BMO. Nothing official because the team doesn't need it but with that many people around a public venue, and a lot of people currently addicted to the game, don't be surprised if your neighbour in the stands isn't looking at their cell phone more often then normal.
    So I better lookup the lineups & bench players before I get near BMO, because reception is going to be even more hopeless than normal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post

Lmfao. Bush league.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Pokemon Go is suppose to improve game day experience at Argos games? Bunch of zombies walking around BMO Field staring at their smartphones no giving a damn about pointy ball game will bring Argos new fans?

They better hope no one fails down and hurt himself.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The organization should feel embarassed by this promotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just logged in to say how embarrassing this thread is. All you supporters should be ashamed of yourselves. TFC is looked down upon in this city just as much as the Argos, yet this ridiculous sense of superiority is completely and utterly laughable from a fan base that left BMO field as empty as the Argos are leaving it for the last three years, and a team that has abysmally low television ratings and has for a substantial amount of time.

What exactly is there to gain from 150+ pages of shitting on a team you don't even follow because they play in the same stadium? TFC is just as irrelevant as the Argos are in this town. Yet some of you posters are acting like Manchester Rugby club is moving to Old Trafford to share the grounds with United.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBLaw View Post
    Just logged in to say how embarrassing this thread is. All you supporters should be ashamed of yourselves. TFC is looked down upon in this city just as much as the Argos, yet this ridiculous sense of superiority is completely and utterly laughable from a fan base that left BMO field as empty as the Argos are leaving it for the last three years, and a team that has abysmally low television ratings and has for a substantial amount of time.

What exactly is there to gain from 150+ pages of shitting on a team you don't even follow because they play in the same stadium? TFC is just as irrelevant as the Argos are in this town. Yet some of you posters are acting like Manchester Rugby club is moving to Old Trafford to share the grounds with United.

First and foremost,

OSKI WE WE

&

Can I show you my invoices from when I was an Argo SSH?

Secondly, the one and only thing shared by TFC supporters in this thread is concern about the pitch. That's the primary concern and everything else is banter....banter I tell ya.

Thirdly, TFC supporters have a right to be concerned about how their team is treated by the city and MLSE, given how the city and MLSE has treated TFC in the past.

Fourthly, not all of us are shitting on the Argos and the CFL but when somebody does something stupid...well.....

Fifthly, have you seen what the trolls in CFL land have said about TFC supporter's concerns? A year ago it was pretty much "WE ARE GOING TO FILL THAT STADIUM AND SOCCER IS A PUSSY SPORT" Well, reality is a tad different.

And, truth be told, its kinda interesting to watch Argo travails at getting people into BMO in light of what TFC has had occur to it. The comments from Argo fans about not wanting young people unless they have money is bang on for their current base. It also is pretty much what MLS as a whole was doing...until TFC blew the lid off the nascent supporter culture movement in North America.

Finally, superiority comes from knowledge of how the fans bases are between the two. This is a Leafs town, then Jays or Raptors depending upon who is doing better at the time, then TFC, then the Argos.
    Now, if you go out into the 905, I have no doubt that the Argos are bigger then TFC. But here in this city, that's the current pecking order. BUT, when it comes to sports as a whole in this town, its hockey then soccer, and soccer is closing fast. CFL football is behind NFL, baseball and basketball.

Banter...its all just banter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are quite a few supporters on this site that have also supported the Argos in the past, myself included. The current state of the franchise is deplorable, and is not the least bit comparable to TFC.

TFC clearly ranks behind the Leafs, Jays, and Raptors in terms of popularity which is understandable considering the brief history of the franchise, but there is a young, hard core fan base to build on.

The Argos demographic fan base is much older and smaller, which is a true indictment considering longevity of the franchise.

BMO Field is truly the Argos last hope. TFC is still in it's infancy stages a franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol " BBLaw" are you from the voyageurs forum where if you dare say anything negative about the Argos or the CFL in general the voyageurs forum CFL police will pounce all over you lol. Moreover, this is a supporters forum for a soccer team if you have not noticed, their are some like myself on here who's main sport is soccer and if I can't take a swipe on a soccer forum of another sport then where the hell can I? Just the mention of the word soccer on most other sports forum will get you shot down before you can take another breath, so if you are offended by the some of us haters on here of anything Argos or CFL then that's just too bad buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manchester rugby club? Giving the Argos too much credit. Having a laugh?

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how they're removing the roof, too!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a TFC supporter who actually wants to see the Argo succeed, and had to deal with asshole CFL fans and troll accounts, go the hell away.

Argos fans shit on TFC fans and TFC shit on Argos fans. Accept it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bell is getting so desperate that they got one of TSN reporters to give out free tickets for tomorrow's game.
    Want FREE tix to Monday's @TorontoArgos game?Come find me @LOCALLibertyVil Mon @ 5pm and say"This is Argos Football"first 25 ppl get a pair!

I thought BMO field would solve all of Argo problems and that they will become primary tenant not us soccer guys, right?

Watching Argos epic failure to sell out BMO field in their first season despite all the marketing and freebies giving out is fun to watch especially watching CFL fans who hate city of Toronto making up every excuse for Argos failure.

CFL fans can brag all about TV numbers, but it is becoming less relevant due to 18-35 demographic that advertisers want to market their product are cutting the cord. So TV crowd is older which is why CFL numbers are still high. This is why CFL is going out their way to attract younger crowd with these tailgate and pokeman Go promotion because they know they're not going to get much more TV money and sponsorship in the future if young crowd keep cutting the cord and don't go to their games.
    Last edited by TFC07; 07-24-2016 at 11:01 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That would work if the fan base wasn't full of old geezers who couldn't work a smartphone.
    Or if you actually had to enter the venue to play the game.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see what they get tonight. They have given a fair number of deal sites discounts as well as numerous giveaways for the game, it's a very nice night 30 degrees and sunny.

Something they haven't had to contend with yet is a jays game the same night which will hurt walkup sales.

I don't think it will be as embarrassing as the 12k but i would say 15k would be about what I'm expecting they do (which is still embarrassing but not as bad).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they get tonight. They have given a fair number of deal sites discounts as well as numerous giveaways for the game, it's a very nice night 30 degrees and sunny.

Something they haven't had to contend with yet is a jays game the same night which will hurt walkup sales.

I don't think it will be as embarrassing as the 12k but i would say 15k would be about what I'm expecting they do (which is still embarrassing but not as bad).
    I don't know.
    I think it will be similar.
    Rainy monday after a beautiful weekend.
    Jays in town.
    Bachelorette is on.
    Big Raw after a PPV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I don't know.
    I think it will be similar.
    Rainy monday after a beautiful weekend.
    Jays in town.
    Bachelorette is on.
    Big Raw after a PPV.
    Wonder if they will get to the point this season where they close off the upper east deck? Right now they don't sell the top 13 rows and maybe if they close off the upper deck completely it will create a false sense of scarcity for tickets and drive some earlier sales. Being able to claim an 17-18ish K sellout for a few games has to do something for demand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stub Hub has some cheap seats, US$6 and up for tonight.

http://www.stubhub.com/toronto-argon...sort=price+asc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Stub Hub has some cheap seats, US$6 and up for tonight.

http://www.stubhub.com/toronto-argon...sort=price+asc
    Stubhub is usually in USD though? Also there is probably service fees that go on top of it. I'm passing by the stadium this evening. I'll try to see how it is there from QEW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing worse than tailgating and attending a CFL game on a Wednesday is doing so on a Monday. The schedule is going to make things difficult for a team that is struggling to attract new fans to the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    The only thing worse than tailgating and attending a CFL game on a Wednesday is doing so on a Monday. The schedule is going to make things difficult for a team that is struggling to attract new fans to the stadium.
    I'm not sure a weekend schedule really does them any good in attracting new fans. The demographic they want to attract has many more options for entertainment on weekends than they do during the week.

Tonight they only have to contend with the Jays and a couple small things, say they played this weekend instead. They would be contending with: Jays, OVO fest, Veld, Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dog at Molson Drakes summer sixteen tour and a bunch of other small stuff as well as people going to the Cottage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked out the CFL schedules for different teams. Argos might have a few more Mon/Wed games than other teams, due to the ground share & TFC's compressed home schedule this year. However, Thursday & Friday games are very common all across the league, are a real tradition, and are probably also related to TV schedules. Due to the Argo's heavily suburban "fanbase" and downtown stadium location, with crap traffic, weekday games are likely always a tough sell for them, despite the CFL traditions. Not a surprise at all.

EDIT posted that before I saw Pint's post. We shall see if weekdays or weekends are a tougher draw in the end...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I'm not sure a weekend schedule really does them any good in attracting new fans. The demographic they want to attract has many more options for entertainment on weekends than they do during the week.

Tonight they only have to contend with the Jays and a couple small things, say they played this weekend instead. They would be contending with: Jays, OVO fest, Veld, Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dog at Molson Drakes summer sixteen tour and a bunch of other small stuff as well as people going to the Cottage.
    You can never underestimate the influence of the cottage. People with tickets already in hand will have no qualms if it's a nice day pulling the chute and not make the trek down. Have had it more than once happen where I get the last minute phone from friends saying they will not be coming down.

CFL in general draws better post Labour Day. Next year will be the telling sesson for them when TFC plays a normal home away schedule so games can be placed more consistently.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    You can never underestimate the influence of the cottage. People with tickets already in hand will have no qualms if it's a nice day pulling the chute and not make the trek down. Have had it more than once happen where I get the last minute phone from friends saying they will not be coming down.

CFL in general draws better post Labour Day. Next year will be the telling sesson for them when TFC plays a normal home away schedule so games can be placed more consistently.
    Don't follow the league very much but I wonder if this is the same here? Post Labour day we will have Jays post season run, Leafs and Raps seasons kicking off and hopefully our run to the playoffs (not that we factor into the discussion much since the fan bases are much different).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weeknights have to be the worst time for the Argos. Games start at 7:30. Remember, these aren't soccer games. CFL games can go 3 1/2 hours, especially with TV timeouts which they have frequently (which ruin the game as a spectator sport in my opinion). So you get out at 11:00. Could be another hour or so home, even if you live in the city. Now looking at midnight by the time you get home. And you still have your whole work week to go. I just can't see drawing in new fans with that proposition.