Page 160 of 197 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 5892
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's both sad and hilarious to read the Argos fan forum. They're a grim, unsettled bunch who think things will get better next year as the Argos schedule gets better. News flash: The available dates will only get tighter with TFC playing Champions League games and having all winter to set up their priorities before allocating the leftovers to the renters.

However, a patient read uncovers uplifting news, real hope for an Argo revival: The club plan to heavily market the game to the 'hipsters' of Liberty Village. Wow. Who knew it was that simple?

Really looking forward to TSN's Rod Blank giving us more feeble excuses in games to come. He's going to need to invent a few by the looks of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interestinggggg..: what is that behind the south end?? Grey A and Grey B?
    temporary bleachers ... how do you think you think they get up to 38000 .. lap seating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    It's both sad and hilarious to read the Argos fan forum. They're a grim, unsettled bunch who think things will get better next year as the Argos schedule gets better. News flash: The available dates will only get tighter with TFC playing Champions League games and having all winter to set up their priorities before allocating the leftovers to the renters.

However, a patient read uncovers uplifting news, real hope for an Argo revival: The club plan to heavily market the game to the 'hipsters' of Liberty Village. Wow. Who knew it was that simple?

Really looking forward to TSN's Rod Blank giving us more feeble excuses in games to come. He's going to need to invent a few by the looks of things.
    champions league has no impact on mls and cfl schedules its all tue/wed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope MLSE/TFC have the backbone to keep prioritizing TFC home games. If attendance for Argos games keeps up like this, they will be exerting a lot of pressure for better dates.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I just hope MLSE/TFC have the backbone to keep prioritizing TFC home games. If attendance for Argos games keeps up like this, they will be exerting a lot of pressure for better dates.
    Depends on how they do for their weekend games in August - that SSH base is really small. The pricing on the SSH is out of whack - they are asking $67 a game to sit on the 25-35 yard lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Which means no Argos games the weekend before, 5 days min but try for 7 day turn around after argos games before TFC play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCL games aren't scheduled until end June time period, so there might be conflict with Argos schedule
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

temporary bleachers ... how do you think you think they get up to 38000 .. lap seating
    It's why the South End roof is so high.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    But are you going to sour the fan base that is averaging about 90% capacity to appease the one averaging around 45% that hasn't shown any tangible evidence of growth in years? That isn't good business, especially for Rogers who has no stake in the Argos but a good one in TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogers won't allow the tenants of the rental agreement to be broken. They fought MLE buying the argos for a year, I don't see them giving an inch when it comes to prioritization of events.

On a side note the high prices are likely to do with both the City and MLSE needed a base fee +% of concessions/merch sold at stadium/tickets each game. Blue guys are likely making very very little off of each game from an operations perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game last night. The situation with the Argos is not even funny anymore. This team needs help.

The media has sold the narrative that no one came out to Argos games because the Skydome was so cavernous and BMO would solve the problem. In reality I think half the Argo fans prefer the Skydome, as BMO is seen as TFCs stadium.

If it wasn't for the grass dilemma, I would encourage TFC supporters to help out the Argos and attend games as they desperately need the support. At this rate they might as well play at Lamport if that ground can slightly upgraded.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It will sell out. That will be reduced capacity compared to most Grey Cup venues. New venue outside will draw lots of people who only go to Grey Cups.
    there is a large number of people that go to every grey cup.
    it is just a roaming party for them.
    they hit up the parties put on by the various cities...
    Eskimos Fans will rent a banquet hall, etc...and host a big bender...

there are people that have no knowledge of the CFL and go to every grey cup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    there is a large number of people that go to every grey cup.
    it is just a roaming party for them.
    they hit up the parties put on by the various cities...
    Eskimos Fans will rent a banquet hall, etc...and host a big bender...

there are people that have no knowledge of the CFL and go to every grey cup.
    There's no doubt that some CFL teams will bring enough fan support to make any Grey Cup a financial success. But Toronto is getting expensive in a hurry. It's a big outlay to stay here for a few nights. Add in eye-watering ticket prices and suddenly this becomes an expensive outing for the itinerant CFL party hound.

Factor in that the Grey Cup will have to be held here frequently in order to create revenue to offset the mounting financial losses the Argos create and enthusiasm for a Toronto event might not be all that great in future years. With the economy faltering in Alberta, we'll see less of the high-rolling fans that used to be taken for granted.

Planting the cup in Toronto every 3-4 years will only foster growing resentment from western fans. But that's the deal with the devil the league has done in order to keep the Argos from going completely under.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So will the TFC Playoff game will have temporary stands as well?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dawning of reality for the few, the proud, the pugnacious:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...ednesday/page6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read in the local Ottawa paper wondering why there were so many empty seats at BMO for the Redblacks game. They figure that it's because Ottawa is a poor draw on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But are you going to sour the fan base that is averaging about 90% capacity to appease the one averaging around 45% that hasn't shown any tangible evidence of growth in years? That isn't good business, especially for Rogers who has no stake in the Argos but a good one in TFC.
    I wish I could believe that but I've seen soccer sold down the river too many times in this country over the years to feel confident. The fact that we're even in this ground share situation in the first place for example.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I would request you all show the same respect you'd want here if you have a visit there. Remember these fellow Toronto fans had no real say in what's happening.

Thanks
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look maybe they might get better attendance as their season goes on, however right now it's not looking too good, in terms of TFC I still thinks it's a miracle that TFC still gets pretty good attendance and this year it looks like attendance has gone up even selling BMO out a few times and once even selling out on a weeknight this season, this team has been crap since it started in 20007 and having some of the worst season records in some of those years than any team ever in MLS, even last year just finally making the playoffs but just barely and then getting embarrassed in their first ever playoff game against the hated Impact, so with all their crappy history it's a miracle TFC still is a very good draw, now the Argos who have been pretty good on the field in recent years still seem to be having problems getting people in the stadium , so what does that tell you , well it tells me that the Argos are still on life support and still waiting to recover , and will they ever recover , not looking good right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, for a little malicious fun, TFC fans should just pack the place on an Argo game day, ordering draft beer schpritzers, and abuse the hell out of CFL fans. A couple of game days with that routine would throw a monkey wrench into the works. On the whole, TFC fans are younger, smarter, more emotional and more committed. Make that work.
    Irony?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
    Irony?
    I'd say more Industrious on your part, quoting from 6 months and over 30 pgs ago.

But yes, "malicious fun" is hardly necessary. Or that fun.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Rogers won't allow the tenants of the rental agreement to be broken. They fought MLE buying the argos for a year, I don't see them giving an inch when it comes to prioritization of events.

On a side note the high prices are likely to do with both the City and MLSE needed a base fee +% of concessions/merch sold at stadium/tickets each game. Blue guys are likely making very very little off of each game from an operations perspective.
    honest of all the owners Rogers cares the least about TFC. It sticks TFC games on shit channels at shit times.
    MLSE is mainly a TV play (primarily for the the leafs) for Bell & rogers. All the TV for CFL is national, so no regional rights for their is no TV play the owners.
    Bell and Rogers pay shit fuck all for 56 regional TV games for leafs (vs the market price) so all the profit from TV shows up in Bell & Rogers EBITDA. While all the rest profit/loss at MLSE (because its minority owned) shows up in equity income below the EBITDA line which investment analysts don't give a shit about.
    There is no TV play will TFC, so thats why they don't care.

... sorry for all the financial shit, but thats why Bell and Rogers own MLSE
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-14-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Which means no Argos games the weekend before, 5 days min but try for 7 day turn around after argos games before TFC play.
    that means nothing, haven't they already had football, rugby, soccer in a 7 day window. I might be wrong.
    Anyways, so far in the summer the grass is strong, it looks like you could have events everyday and grass will be strong. November is the test

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that means nothing, haven't they already had football, rugby, soccer in a 7 day window. I might be wrong.
    Anyways, so far in the summer the grass is strong, it looks like you could have events everyday and grass will be strong. November is the test
    CFL can come after soccer but not before in the scheduling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honest of all the owners Rogers cares the least about TFC. It sticks TFC games on shit channels at shit times.
    MLSE is mainly a TV play (primarily for the the leafs) for Bell & rogers. All the TV for CFL is national, so no regional rights for their is no TV play the owners. plus CFL battles the Jays for TV viewers all summer.
    Bell and Rogers pay shit fuck all for TV rights for leafs, et all (vs the market price) so all the profit from TV shows up in Bell & Rogers EBITDA. While all the rest profit/loss at MLSE (because its minority owned) shows up in equity income below the EBITDA line which investment analysts don't give a shit about.

... sorry for all the financial shit, but thats why Bell and Rogers own MLSE
    I'm not going to argue that rogers does a good job with production of TFC because they don't, although i do like the written work done by sportsnet better than anywhere else buts thats mainly down to molinaro being very good. My point is rogers kept them out of MLSE and kicked them out of rogers centre as a shot at Bell and the main content that bell provides nationally. MLSE makes decisions on a unanimous basis and rogers won't all of a sudden start cooperating and letting the rental agreement be altered.

Argos are the 4th priority per bob hunter and will continue to get the left over dates after TFC's schedule is done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...ednesday/page6
    I like the guy who said it's unfair to judge the attendance based on the two games because all their fans are 905ers and won't drive in unless it's a Saturday or Sunday game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a few more games like this happen, the Argos risk their owners doing the same thinking that the NFL has about Toronto now. "We gave you this great product and you didn't show up. We got better stuff to do."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a few more games like this happen, the Argos risk their owners doing the same thinking that the NFL has about Toronto now. "We gave you this great product and you didn't show up. We got better stuff to do."
    I am looking forward to when they get a weekend game and average under 20K. Hopefully the first one is after the Indy set up is gone because they are blaming that and construction, and the All Star Game, and Rogers, and poor marketing, and ..........

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.....some interesting stuff in that thread about TFC games.

Waves to Qman who seems to be in here but quoting Onyx a lot over there and generally being kinda rude towards TFC. Oh well...tubthumping all over the place.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-14-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.....some interesting stuff in that thread about TFC games.

Waves to Qman.
    Yeah I saw that. I guess he is bitter that people jumped on him for his trolling back in the day.

I also like the marketing excuse. Are the Argos a new team that people need to be informed about and told when the season starts? And where were all these people who didn't go because the Rogers Centre sucked?

And as for 905ers, I see an ass load of them haul themselves down to BMO for TFC matches, including mid week ones.