Page 129 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yeah at a clip of $30 a game per ticket.
    $30 is basically as cheap as it gets in the CFL ... i think the argos have a small $18 nosebleed section ... but is only couple hundred seats and is more for marketing purposes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    $30 is basically as cheap as it gets in the CFL ... i think the argos have a small $18 nosebleed section ... but is only couple hundred seats and is more for marketing purposes
    That is the truth, having worked many years in the CFL for both Toronto and Hamilton, I am very familiar with the ins and out of it. Its a league that will always have a place in my heart.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 112 is now the "Fan Zone".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Cool 112 is now the "Fan Zone".
    Home of RPB Night at the Argos, no way we want someone putting 112 to shame. ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of tickets...

does anyone have any idea what the ST numbers are for us this upcoming season? Or are they not gonna start talking about that until they're done relocation?

I'm also trying to navigate giving the seats I currently have to some family members and buying a separate ST package for myself down in the south end, but on our website they aren't even listing prices for any section in the south end? what's up with that? They haven't already sold EVERY ticket for the south end. I'd rather they'd not try to fuck me around on this. I'm trying to give them moeny!
    Last edited by molenshtain; 02-01-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Speaking of tickets...

does anyone have any idea what the ST numbers are for us this upcoming season? Or are they not gonna start talking about that until they're done relocation?

I'm also trying to navigate giving the seats I currently have to some family members and buying a separate ST package for myself down in the south end, but on our website they aren't even listing prices for any section in the south end? what's up with that? They haven't already sold EVERY ticket for the south end. I'd rather they'd not try to fuck me around on this. I'm trying to give them moeny!

i guess MLSE is too busy marketing argos tickets.

my guess is they will be down ... not due to argos or anything like that ... with the expansion there is really no need be a SSH anymore with so many empty seats. Just buy nosebleed or get comp tickets floating around and walk down to the section you want.
    Based on last year don't see them getting anywhere near a sellout except for Galaxy and impact during the ex ... so just buy the seats you want for those 2 games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of tickets...

South is always sold out man...
    whenever people relocate out or don't renew, those tickets become available to the appropriate SG first, before going public.
    so if you're not a member of any of the supporter groups, it's highly unlikely that you'll get a ticket in the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are still selling ST - hover over a section here to see what's available

http://torontofc.io-media.com/#

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like ivy said only way to get in the south is to be a member of a SG. If any seats are left over after given to SG they will go to single game tickets I believe.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Home of RPB Night at the Argos, no way we want someone putting 112 to shame. ( :
    Not a chance. Why would I pay the Argos to stand in 112? The fact the Argos are there at all is the shame.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    South is always sold out man...
    whenever people relocate out or don't renew, those tickets become available to the appropriate SG first, before going public.
    so if you're not a member of any of the supporter groups, it's highly unlikely that you'll get a ticket in the south.
    well I'm already shelling out a ton of money of money on the tickets. What's another small donation to a good cause am i right?

If I am a member, how likely is it I get what I'm looking for? is it pretty fluid during the off-season?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'm already shelling out a ton of money of money on the tickets. What's another small donation to a good cause am i right?

If I am a member, how likely is it I get what I'm looking for? is it pretty fluid during the off-season?
    You'd be on the list of members wanting into the South. It's no guarantee the first year.

This will prove the most challenging year yet for TFC ticketing and relocation.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. I'll get on that when I have the chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM me if you'd like, I might be able to give you some advise that'll help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to CFL forums, Argo ticket reps are saying 15k have bought season tix or put down deposits so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr k View Post
    According to CFL forums, Argo ticket reps are saying 15k have bought season tix or put down deposits so far.
    Sounds good.

BUT, from experience that would be the same ticket reps that work for MLSE - pardon me if I'm not a tad sceptical.

Argo fans better get up to speed on all the....ahem....spin that is going to happen towards them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The attendance will be quiet high the first year, I'm certain. The new stadium bandwagon is going to be collecting people full force. 2017 will be a different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sounds good.

BUT, from experience that would be the same ticket reps that work for MLSE - pardon me if I'm not a tad sceptical.

Argo fans better get up to speed on all the....ahem....spin that is going to happen towards them.
    TL has left the building
    ... will that sort of BSing everything continue?
    Last edited by Onyx; 02-06-2016 at 07:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    TL has left the building
    ... will that sort of BSing everything continue?

Go look up the Anselmi diary stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The attendance will be quiet high the first year, I'm certain. The new stadium bandwagon is going to be collecting people full force. 2017 will be a different story.
    Why do you say that?

The argos out drew BMO's capacity from 2004 to 2009. Since than have averaged 22K if you exclude last season which only had 4 games at Rogers centre(lame duck season). So basically they are on the hunt for 5000 additional paying fans. Argos STH arent even available to the general public yet, as in.... you and I can't buy them until march 1st. Only past/current season ticket holders can purchase them as of now. The marketing push hasn't started and they are over half way there. in 2012 The argos drew 85% of BMO's capacity. Why is it so hard to believe that a team that is going from the CFL's worst stadium atmosphere on the worst home dates and has been abandoned from a marketing standpoint cant make it back to the numbers they were drawing 3 seasons ago going to a suitable venue, 700k+ television veiwership and 2/3rds of MLSE behind them? A CFL team is well profitable at 24k, self sustainable at 20k with modern ementities.

I wouldn't mind hearing a realistic explanation of why the Argos won't be a success? And please don't cheap out and bring up last seasons numbers.

Again let me reiterate...This isn't Argos vs TFC..MLS vs CFL

from 2004 to 2014 The Argos sold BMO out more times than not So why can't they do it again 4 years later in a completely different situation?

Last edited by epic pylon; 02-06-2016 at 10:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epic pylon View Post
    Why do you say that?

The argos out drew BMO's capacity from 2004 to 2009. Since than have averaged 22K if you exclude last season which only had 4 games at Rogers centre(lame duck season). So basically they are on the hunt for 5000 additional paying fans. Argos STH arent even available to the general public yet, as in.... you and I can't buy them until march 1st. Only past/current season ticket holders can purchase them as of now. The marketing push hasn't started and they are over half way there. in 2012 The argos drew 85% of BMO's capacity. Why is it so hard to believe that a team that is going from the CFL's worst stadium atmosphere on the worst home dates and has been abandoned from a marketing standpoint cant make it back to the numbers they were drawing 3 seasons ago going to a suitable venue, 700k+ television veiwership and 2/3rds of MLSE behind them? A CFL team is well profitable at 24k, self sustainable at 20k with modern ementities.

I wouldn't mind hearing a realistic explanation of why the Argos won't be a success? And please don't cheap out and bring up last seasons numbers.

Again let me reiterate...This isn't Argos vs TFC..MLS vs CFL

from 2004 to 2014 The Argos sold BMO out more times than not So why can't they do it again 4 years later in a completely different situation?

Why are you on the TFC RPB site?? Honestly I don't care about Argos SSH numbers... Good luck with a bad demographic and declining interest.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a ti-cat fan.

Have been since the early 70's.

When I first moved to Toronto, I got Argo season tickets just to watch CFL live. Those were the dark days of Sherwood Schwarz.

I love CFL.

BUT, everything I know about the demographics of sports in this city, and from seeing who goes to Argo games and from seeing real butts in seats (sorry, but your numbers are the papered inflated stuff - I don't trust them) indicates to me that the Argos badly need cheap season seats to fill that stadium

Too bad they didn't get them from Bell and LT (who don't do cheap seats).

I will reiterate this for Argo fans.

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THE NEW ARGO FRONT OFFICE SAYS

They will play you all for suckers.

And you want to know why they will lie to you? To develop and maintain a narrative of success. That's what the CFL does. I have NEVER seen TSN discuss attendance issues in the CFL.

Hey, sell out the stadium, succeed.

But don't expect TFC supporters, who have seen all this malarky before, to trust the Argo marketing machine - cause its our machine too.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-06-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Why are you on the TFC RPB site?? Honestly I don't care about Argos SSH numbers... Good luck with a bad demographic and declining interest.
    BMO updates

But either way am I being disrespectful or something? if so I apologise, I'm not even an Argos fan, I'm just asking a simple question. declining interest? Where do you see this? The CFL is on the rise in every eastern city it's in. bad demographics? In 2014 Argos draw equal to blue jays television ratings people are definitely paying attention, couple dips here and there but isn't that the world of pro sports economics?

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THE NEW ARGO FRONT OFFICE SAYS They will play you all for suckers.
    The funny thing about the Argos new front office is it's the same as TFC's/leafs/raps (indirectly) So Argo fans will be played for suckers just like every other sucker in Toronto

And you want to know why they will lie to you? To develop and maintain a narrative of success. That's what the CFL does. I have NEVER seen TSN discuss attendance issues in the CFL.
    To be fair The CFL as a whole has never really had attendance problems, a few bad apples but the west has always been solid between 25k-35k. The east has always been the CFL's trouble child. Once Montreal moved to Molson that problem seamed to fix itself. Now Hamilton is making money in there new digs. Although early Ottawa is doing phenomenal. Toronto is the last piece to the puzzle
    Last edited by epic pylon; 02-06-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CFL has declining TV numbers and attendance in all major markets (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal), its a prairie league. It's TV numbers are based on a national viewership, there is no breakdown of views by province, there are more google searches for "Argos" from Saskatchewan than from Toronto (lol!). For every respectful fan like you there's 10 dumbass redneck a$$holes who fear MLS and TFC's growth. Even the CFL commissioner is on record stating that the MLS teams are a threat since CFL popularity is dropping in all MLS markets in this country. Meanwhile, no exec in the MLS universe talks or gives a damn about the CFL. It's this one sided insecurity and disrespect that's rubbed a lot of us off the wrong way...
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 02-06-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you say that?

I'm not going back 10 years... I will go back to 2010 though because beyond that I have a life.

between 2010 and 2015 there were 50 regular season games at Rogers. of those only 15 sold more than BMO's capacity at the time. 5 of which were Ti Cats games.. they were also the highest draw. Which means that has many as half the fans in the stadium weren't there to see the Argo's play.

The Argo's had their chance.. they live of other organizations to survive. They didn't want to put money into the original plans and than later begged to be included.. for free... they haven't put any money into the current Reno. The Argo's want my respect.. stop wasting Hundreds of Millions of dollars of tax payers money. They didn't like the Ex so Argos Fans Demanded a Dome. They got the Dome.. now "it isn't a good atmosphere" well too friggin bad.. the Dome was build directly for the Argos and by the end they are a welfare team existing on the hand outs of others.

I loved sitting in the North Stands, or the premium seats at the North End. Those seats are now gone to put in Carpet. The Argo's has an aging over 40 fan base, their largest supporter is a Alcoholic Crack Addict, They would be better off outside of the Toronto as their Fan base is not in the City of Toronto. Unlike like TFC.

It has nothing to do with the Argos doing anything to the field.. that has everything to do with MLSE and they will have hell to pay if this idiocy hinders that... No this has to do with cheapening the stadium with Astroturf destroy the North Stands, and having inferior stands in the South. All because the Argos don't want to put a single penny in to do it right. They are nothing more than Remora, sucker fish that live off bigger more capable animals to survive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    The CFL has declining TV numbers and attendance in all major markets (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal), its a prairie league. It's TV numbers are based on a national viewership, there is no breakdown of views by province, there are more google searches for "Argos" from Saskatchewan than from Toronto (lol!). For every respectful fan like you there's 10 dumbass redneck a$$holes who fear MLS and TFC's growth. Even the CFL commissioner is on record stating that the MLS teams are a threat since CFL popularity is dropping in all MLS markets in this country. Meanwhile, no exec in the MLS universe talks or gives a damn about the CFL. It's this one sided insecurity and disrespect that's rubbed a lot of us off the wrong way...
    I would love to see a source for jeff saying that the MLS is a threat to the CFL. It's funny that you call me a respectful fan for every 10 A$$holes you find because for every respectful 100 TFC fans there has to be 1-2 like you and kaz that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Actually you guys are poster boys for why the two fan bases clash and you make the rest of these guys look bad. I came onto this forum expecting nothing but hate for the CFL and Argos and for the most part it's been nothing but class and rightful concerns about the pitch. Every post on every thread I have read from you is reckless aimless CFL hate. It's so unnecessary! I hope I don't get banned for this. But you 2 are why the TFC fans have such a bad rep on almost every other sports forum. MR corporate you are famous for it! it definitely exists on a CFL side as well but it's a handful of you throwing fuel on a fire that should be put out.
    Last edited by epic pylon; 02-07-2016 at 12:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 16 year old kid said to me tonight that the Oshawa Argos sounds so much better...

I think that this says it all.

For the record I had season seat in the North End so I am directly impacted by the Argos moving in so YES I am pissed.
    Last edited by andyc; 02-07-2016 at 12:11 AM.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    My 16 year old kid said to me tonight that the Oshawa Argos sounds so much better...

I think that this says it all.

For the record I had season seat in the North End so I am directly impacted by the Argos moving in so YES I am pissed.
    And you have a right to be andy I would be too. And mlse owes you an equal experience. But at least you can be classy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I'm not going back 10 years... I will go back to 2010 though because beyond that I have a life.
    AKA 3 of the last 5 argo seasons (post 2009) work for your arguments anything pre 2010 does not.

Again I'm not an argo fan. I really couldn't care less about weather they sell out BMO or not as long as they make enough money to be viable, i'm an advocate for the league as a whole. But in all honesty if youre trying to talk about the Argos decline you have 1 season to plead your case on and that's 2014 where they only managed to draw 18K, 2015 Can't be looked at with only 4 games at RC with no marketing budget the 14k average is hogwash it was a write off season. In the end this is unnecessary posturing." You like the CFL I like the MLS which means I'm right and you're wrong" It's like not getting along with somebody over religion.
    Last edited by epic pylon; 02-07-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see a source for jeff saying that the MLS is a threat to the CFL. It's funny that you call me a respectful fan for every 10 A$$holes you find because for every respectful 100 TFC fans there has to be 1-2 like you and kaz that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Actually you guys are poster boys for why the two fan bases clash and you make the rest of these guys look bad. I came onto this forum expecting nothing but hate for the CFL and Argos and for the most part it's been nothing but class and rightful concerns about the pitch. Every post on every thread I have read from you is reckless aimless CFL hate. It's so unnecessary! I hope I don't get banned for this. But you 2 are why the TFC fans have such a bad rep on almost every other sports forum. MR corporate you are famous for it! it definitely exists on a CFL side as well but it's a handful of you throwing fuel on a fire that should be put out.
    I knew it. Since i rarely post here or any other TFC/MLS forum im assuming you knew of me and probably followed me over from a certain urban affairs forum where CFL loving prairie morons like you dwell lol. Its the only place where i post frequently enough to get a rep of any sort. TFC fans dont have a bad rep on any forums except in the 3rd rate Concussion Football League forums. Last i checked, all sports fans in this city support each other but noone respects the ingrate Argoleaches. Always hating on other teams, sucking up tax dollars, protected only by geriatric city politicians and contributing nothing...

Since you want evidence, a quick google search provided this article about the CFL's decline in the major cities of this country:
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/11...-worried-about

“We’re always aware of competitive threats,” said Orridge. “But I don’t think we’re any more concerned about Major League Soccer than we would be with any other sports team or league that is competing for entertainment dollars and eyeballs.”

Still, this much is not debatable: in Vancouver and Montreal, at least since the Impact got Didier Drogba, MLS vs. CFL attendance is virtually a wash.

The Argos are already lagging 7,000 behind Toronto FC, and next year they will share the same facility, competing for many of the same dollars, as the Lions and Whitecaps already do.

Roommates, they’ll be.

But not buddies.
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 02-07-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AKA 3 of the last 5 argo seasons (post 2009) work for your arguments anything pre 2010 does not.

Again I'm not an argo fan. I really couldn't care less about weather they sell out BMO or not as long as they make enough money to be viable, i'm an advocate for the league as a whole. But in all honesty if youre trying to talk about the Argos decline you have 1 season to plead your case on and that's 2014 where they only managed to draw 18K, 2015 Can't be looked at with only 4 games at RC with no marketing budget the 14k average is hogwash it was a write off season. In the end this is unnecessary posturing." You like the CFL I like the MLS which means I'm right and you're wrong" It's like not getting along with somebody over religion.
    Actually I had no desire to go back further it is work to do that.. and that is when BMO had it's upgrade with the North Stands added in and the Grass Pitch. I went back more than half a decade.

In 2013 only 3 games would have sold out BMO, in 2015 and 2011 not a single game would have sold out BMO, in 2010 only 4 would 2 of which were Ti-Cats games. So actually only 1 season would have had a majority selling out BMO.. that is the last 6 seasons. And that is pre 2015 BMO. Of those games only 4 games were over 25,000 want to take a guess who the opponent was in all for games?

Argos should have been moved to Mississauga or North York or someplace closer to where they may have a fan base, with owners willing to actually build a stadium for them. Again I don't care if they succeed or not. There is Socialism and then there is begging.. and the Argos are a panhandler of sport, looking for hand outs. For a human person trying to feed them selves on the street that is something that has to be done. For a sports team.. a professional sports team.. they don't have the local support... They lost control of the stadium built for them. Have them play at Lamport until they can get money for a proper facility.