Page 122 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 5892
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Well, the city owns the venues and MLSE have an operational role at three of them (not the EnerCentre), so it shouldn't be too hard to manage the scheduling of most events at these venues. I can't see them allowing the sort of drama your proposing to happen.

You might well see more people inside the EnerCentre for big events than some Argos games.
    There need be no perfect storm of events to hear about parking drama throughout the season there. While I'd prefer to see your plan come to fruition I just doubt it will come to pass.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    So a non-ML$E Toronto team will exist then.... excellent! How can I do the needful to help with that idea?
    Well, I'm sure they still have a lot of logistics to work out. I don't think they'll play Montreal, Vancouver, and Toronto teams in those cities, maybe move them to Quebec City, Victoria, Saskatoon, Moncton, or...? I think the idea is for the CFL owned teams to piggyback on the existing stadiums and/or upgrade them for the world cup bid. That works mostly in the west, but I'm not sure how it will work with the MLS cities. I still have a lot of questions about how they'll be able to execute their plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Reasoning for buying the Argos:

Bell: Cheap Canadian content that still draws well because their is nothing to do in regina on a friday night.

LT: Wants NFL team and is playing nice with the city.

The Canadian league angle form an NASL perspective i believe died a while ago, while their are still rumors of a Canadian league i don't believe NASL is involved. *** could be wrong on this point***

Has everything to do with the Naming Rights for next ten years.
    BMO is going away, so they have for find someone new.
    TFC doesn't draw viewers on TV so the naming rights to the stadium aren't worth alot.
    They need to maximize $$ to help pay for the reno.
    With the winter classic you get 2-3 million viewers & with the argos, you get 4-7 million Grey Cup, 2million Eastern final, 500-800k regular season game, etc.
    Last edited by Qman; 10-23-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole cdn league thing will never happen.
    CFL doesn't care about soccer. Its just a few CFL owners that run their stadiums want more events to sell beer and popcorn.
    It has nothing to do with world cup bid or growing futbol in canada.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Well, I'm sure they still have a lot of logistics to work out. I don't think they'll play Montreal, Vancouver, and Toronto teams in those cities, maybe move them to Quebec City, Victoria, Saskatoon, Moncton, or...? I think the idea is for the CFL owned teams to piggyback on the existing stadiums and/or upgrade them for the world cup bid. That works mostly in the west, but I'm not sure how it will work with the MLS cities. I still have a lot of questions about how they'll be able to execute their plan.
    Me too. I am specifically interested in how the CSA is allowed to sanction this league. I've been down the road trying to create a Div 2 league in Southern Ontario and was completely derailed by the CSA's own rules (pushed down to the OSA) and my business plan never made it off the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Bay Street wouldn't want my ticket. And I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about all Season Ticket holders. They may care about that as far as money goes, bud.
    I get what you are saying but i don't think ML$E thinks that way.
    They are already subsidizing club losses more than $10mil a year (probably more with dip in C$), if season tix renewals are low, they are probably just going to say "do we really need 3 DPs, lets just go with Seba because he sells tickets and shed US$11m in salary".
    Thats why i think SSH boycott is probably more of a negative for the club, than will bring about any change.
    Last edited by Qman; 10-23-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I get what you are saying but i don't thing ML$E thinks that way.
    They are already subsidizing club losses more than $10mil a year (probably more with dip in C$), if season tix renewals are low, they are probably just going to say "do we really need 3 DPs, lets just go with Seba because he sells tickets and shed US$11m in salary".
    Thats why i think SSH boycott is probably more of a negative for the club, than will bring about any change.
    Seba is money in the bank. Other than that, it wouldn't be the worst thing if they drop some of the bells & whistles. The three top teams in the league at the moment, have the three lowest salary budgets. Maybe Manning can help them find some good value US-, South- and Central Americans. That's how most of the successful teams in MLS operate.

Sadly, I doubt that will happen. Doesn't seem to be MLSE's style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has everything to do with the Naming Rights for next ten years.
    BMO is going away, so they have for find someone new.
    TFC doesn't draw viewers on TV so the naming rights to the stadium aren't worth alot.
    They need to maximize $$ to help pay for the reno.
    With the winter classic you get 2-3 million viewers & with the argos, you get 4-7 million Grey Cup, 2million Eastern final, 500-800k regular season game, etc.
    I wasn't really stating opinion. With the prices we have seen merchandise recently I would be surprised if BMO wasn't back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone heard anything other than "let's try grass and see how it goes" approach from ML$E these days? The Argo's to BMO topic has gone awfully quiet these days. I guess people are either bored of talking about it or don't care anymore or the ML$E approach of say nothing and wait a long time for people to forget about it is working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone heard anything other than "let's try grass and see how it goes" approach from ML$E these days? The Argo's to BMO topic has gone awfully quiet these days. I guess people are either bored of talking about it or don't care anymore or the ML$E approach of say nothing and wait a long time for people to forget about it is working.
    It's a done deal. We're phuqed. There's not much to talk about right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been very quiet RE details, even though construction work has started. In fact, they are now delaying the work on the stadium due to TFC making the playoffs. I'm guessing we'll hear some more news after Nov. 6th (season ticket renewal deadline), to avoid pissing off TFC supporters before that date.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole cdn league thing will never happen.
    CFL doesn't care about soccer. Its just a few CFL owners that run their stadiums want more events to sell beer and popcorn.
    It has nothing to do with world cup bid or growing futbol in canada.
    What is your source on this?

My meetings with the CSA tell me different on some of your points. Is your opinion all conjecture?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. I am specifically interested in how the CSA is allowed to sanction this league. I've been down the road trying to create a Div 2 league in Southern Ontario and was completely derailed by the CSA's own rules (pushed down to the OSA) and my business plan never made it off the ground.
    Umm I need to hear that story in a little more detail.

Talk on Thurs, maybe? You know where I'll be...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get what you are saying but i don't think ML$E thinks that way.
    Who said boycott?

I'm not rallying anything. This is a personal decision that makes ME feel better. Do what you feel is best and (as I've told other group members) do what will make you happiest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an event tonight at the Allstream Centre covering all the project currently undergoing construction at Exhibition Place being held by the RICS. I'm going to see if any colleagues are going and see if I can get them to pick up any information regarding the future plans at BMO

Join our members and colleagues for presentations by the owners and architects on the three current development projects occurring at the Exhibition Place Grounds. Kevin Huschilt, Senior Director of Projects for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment will provide a presentation on the new Toronto Raptors practice facility and the BMO Field stadium expansion and David Northcote, Principal, Hospitality with NORR Limited will be presenting on the new HotelX Development.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that the retractable North Patio may be a hosting area. Therefore not open to anyone in the stadium. If true, this bites.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    There's an event tonight at the Allstream Centre covering all the project currently undergoing construction at Exhibition Place being held by the RICS. I'm going to see if any colleagues are going and see if I can get them to pick up any information regarding the future plans at BMO
    Join our members and colleagues for presentations by the owners and architects on the three current development projects occurring at the Exhibition Place Grounds. Kevin Huschilt, Senior Director of Projects for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment will provide a presentation on the new Toronto Raptors practice facility and the BMO Field stadium expansion and David Northcote, Principal, Hospitality with NORR Limited will be presenting on the new HotelX Development.
    Not open to the public or people it will affect I presume?

Thanks for sharing, though. I really hope your colleagues can pass on any info for STH.

We're lucky you're so otherwise connected to the industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

Thanks so much for that. It's incredibly tempting but for this food poisoning I'm dealing with right now.

But again, thank you for the opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any more news on whats going on at BMO field?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read this about the new MLS stadiums coming. Well thought out designs, excellent supporters sections etc. Too bad for us:

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015...innesota-miami

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep Orlando is going to get one hell of a stadium, and to boot their owner is paying for it himself after getting fed up with dealing with the county.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a video I stumbled on. Around the 5 minute mark the north looks to be updated:

https://vimeo.com/113660049
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Here is a video I stumbled on. Around the 5 minute mark the north looks to be updated:

https://vimeo.com/113660049

Notice the extra tier of seats in the south?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Notice the extra tier of seats in the south?
    Thats not an extra tier. Thats the overhead beam that is part of the roof just makes it look like there's two teirs of seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Thats not an extra tier. Thats the overhead beam that is part of the roof just makes it look like there's two teirs of seats.
    It's defo people in seats. There is a flag been waived in an area where there are no seats currently. Let me try and blow it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    You sure? it looks like they are showing it with the temp seating in place?

Also looks like they will have tables on the patio, would imagine they sell those spots instead of it being open to anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    You are correct. That is def another tier that they had as a finished product shot they don't intend to build. At all.

The video is 11 months old and that image is not updated or explained at all.

I'll treat that last image as an easter egg that they lift in for possible temp seats for grey cup next year.

So I guess no one made it to the updated presentation a week and a half ago?

Well they could've sent STH something before last weeks deadline to change peoples minds/assure people of the changes they are making.