Page 121 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 5892
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What's an "official"??

There's very little info that we can be sure of but I'm going to keep talking about the latest info they give us.
    Construction crews already on-site. The sealed drawings in the construction trailer would be a good indication!

Surely a lot of people know what's happening. It can't be a tightly-held secret at this point. Presumably the drawings went to city a while ago for the building permit. That being said though, all I can find are temporary permits for Pan-Am structure; but given I also can't find the permit for the new east stands, it's likely a failure in my searching skills.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Construction crews already on-site. The sealed drawings in the construction trailer would be a good indication!

Surely a lot of people know what's happening. It can't be a tightly-held secret at this point. Presumably the drawings went to city a while ago for the building permit. That being said though, all I can find are temporary permits for Pan-Am structure; but given I also can't find the permit for the new east stands, it's likely a failure in my searching skills.
    Well I give you tremendous points for your initiative. I also love the idea of just grabbing a hardhat, walking into their trailer, grabbing the plans or photos and releasing them to joe public like the people responsible should have done weeks ago when they had to make the final decision.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I give you tremendous points for your initiative. I also love the idea of just grabbing a hardhat, walking into their trailer, grabbing the plans or photos and releasing them to joe public like the people responsible should have done weeks ago when they had to make the final decision.
    Cue the Mission Impossible theme song...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also love the idea of just grabbing a hardhat, walking into their trailer, grabbing the plans or photos and releasing them to joe public like the people responsible should have done weeks ago when they had to make the final decision.
    I' ve always said if you stick on a white hardhat, vest, and boots, you could pretty much just wander in most sites, and wander around, as long as you look as though you are supposed to be there. That's because most of those you will encounter just don't want you to ask them any questions. I'm always amazed when I have to be on site, just how everyone there, works to avoid you - even though they have no idea what my reason for being there is.

I wouldn't advise this though; and many sites are getting much more professionally managed than they used to be. And in theory you could be charged (which might put your season tickets at risk).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I' ve always said if you stick on a white hardhat, vest, and boots, you could pretty much just wander in most sites, and wander around, as long as you look as though you are supposed to be there. That's because most of those you will encounter just don't want you to ask them any questions. I'm always amazed when I have to be on site, just how everyone there, works to avoid you - even though they have no idea what my reason for being there is.

I wouldn't advise this though; and many sites are getting much more professionally managed than they used to be. And in theory you could be charged (which might put your season tickets at risk).
    Yeah while I find the idea comical and useful I wouldn't risk the fine over it. I really hope we don't have to stoop to measures like this before renewal deadline...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    CFL has listed these dates for playoffs:
    Sun Nov 15, Sun Nov 22 and Sun Nov 29
    Uh oh, if they make it that far, the Ottawa Fury semi final Playoff game is Nov 8 and I believe the Soccer Bowl game is held on Nov 15th. I'm gonig to be really upset if I see Pointyball lines on the pitch at TD Place...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    the center of the field will be offset to the north AND it will be smaller end zones. Its going to be a very weird compromise to get that field into the dimensions there.
    BMO Field will look like shit with that offset, unfortunately there is nothing we can do.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    BMO Field will look like shit with that offset, unfortunately there is nothing we can do.
    Why do we care if the offset shit for an Argos game? Won't change for soccer (other than the disappearance of the north stands).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya I think the offset for TFC will be fine, but off for the Argos.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do we care if the offset shit for an Argos game? Won't change for soccer (other than the disappearance of the north stands).
    True,but not having north stands sound will travel to gardiner and back , 30-40 yards of empty space behind the net, that's not great visual for soccer.

Right now away team goalie is being verbally abused on both side,next year south, yes, north theater like atmosphere definitely not.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's that roller blade dude when we need him!

I really wonder why they aren't publicly releasing more details yet. For example, the new retractable "north terrace" for TFC games that was mentioned earlier this year, could be pretty good, or it could be nothing.

With this company, a sinister explanation is close to the truth more often than not. Maybe they're worried people won't be happy with some details of the renovation? Maybe they want to get the SSH renewals done first, and reno details will magically be released on Nov. 7th?

The poor sales of the new upper east side tickets in 2015, and the apparent need to scrimp & save on the Argos reno, could be having some impact. Maybe there will be nothing in the North, not even this movable terrace? Maybe FC Dallas has some unused bouncy castles they can loan to TFC?
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-22-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    The offset doesn't affect TFC, just Argos SSH. the offset is 15 feet, who gives a shit

i guess it only affects you if u buy the same seats for both, and you want exactly mid-field
    Last edited by Qman; 10-22-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah while I find the idea comical and useful I wouldn't risk the fine over it. I really hope we don't have to stoop to measures like this before renewal deadline...
    lf renewals are low, they are just going to sell Bradley or Jozy to make up the difference. ML$E doesn't give a shit about you. They will just give your tickets to some Bay Street douchebag who has leaf tickets to make the stadium look full.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    lf renewals are low, they are just going to sell Bradley or Jozy to make up the difference. ML$E doesn't give a shit about you. They will just give your tickets to some Bay Street douchebag who has leaf tickets to make the stadium look full.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    X2

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The offset doesn't affect TFC, just Argos SSH. the offset is 15 feet, who gives a shit

i guess it only affects you if u buy the same seats for both, and you want exactly mid-field
    15 yard not feet, big difference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've been told to just accept that the Argos are coming to BMO. The reason, because Tanenbaum/Bell bought the team right? And ML$E/Tanenbaum own the stadium...err no. Well, let's put them there just because they need a home... Something just isn't right here. It has never sat right with me. Why buy a failing financial team in hopes of moving them to a stadium where they don't have the almost free sweetheart deal they had at Skydome in rent, don't get parking $ and pay mgmt/staff fees, and have it make money? The offset is "they get" 2 Cup games and potentially the winter classic. Why couldn't they have those things without the Argos move? Difficult but not impossible. 2 Cups could come over time if the Argos had a smaller home outside of BMO. All just speculation, so why doesn't this sit right?

I was looking into 2nd division Soccer in Can/USA and read that the NASL is the official 2nd division for Soccer in North America. USL is now 3rd division and won't be competing with NASL. USL is becoming a farm team league for MLS. NASL is trying to be an independent, non-cap, follows international calendar, organized similar to Liga MX where it's split into 2 seasons Spring and Fall league. Further digging revealed that NASL was working with the CFL to try to create an all Canadian division of NASL where CFL cities would be the homes of NASL teams with affiliations in place to play in those cities stadiums...hmmm. Ottawa and Edmonton would move to this new division and new teams in Hamilton, Calgary, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan. Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal already have MLS teams and the article stated they would not move from MLS but there was nothing about affiliations of CFL teams in those cities with NASL teams. The division and affiliations were supposed to be in place for 2016. So having a division 2 team in Toronto owned by someone else (non-ML$E) in a time of revolt(at the time of this concept, we were in our 7th year, of failure) would not be the best thing for ML$E would it?
    So did Larry/Bell buy the Argos because it was a great investment? Is it possible they were trying to block something? Does anyone know anyone at the CSA that can ask how the NASL Canadian / CFL affiliation thing is going? An article July 10, 2014 in SBNation discussed the concept as well [ http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/...da-partnership ] but nothing was stated after that.
    Is this just total coincidence here or was there some kind of play happening behind the scenes?

I'd be very interested if anyone has any details or inside contacts they can ask about this partnership thing for an update.

Bones...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect the NASL / CFL talks are dead. The NASL on principle will never have a salary cap. CFL owners love the salary cap and the 7 non-Braley/MLSE related ones are, if anything is going on, now likely looking to create a Canadian Div 2 with a cap. Mind you, the recession killed that dream too with money draining out of Calgary, Edmonton and SK.

I still maintain the Bell/Tanenbaum move for the Argos was primarily to preserve the bottom line of the Bell division known as TSN and to give Larry T something to play with of his own. Nobody makes money running a CFL team outside of the TV revenue.

And the BMO move is a mixture of misunderstanding what happened in Montreal and with TFC coupled with bean counter thinking.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bay Street wouldn't want my ticket. And I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about all Season Ticket holders. They may care about that as far as money goes, bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    We've been told to just accept that the Argos are coming to BMO. The reason, because Tanenbaum/Bell bought the team right? And ML$E/Tanenbaum own the stadium...err no. Well, let's put them there just because they need a home... Something just isn't right here. It has never sat right with me. Why buy a failing financial team in hopes of moving them to a stadium where they don't have the almost free sweetheart deal they had at Skydome in rent, don't get parking $ and pay mgmt/staff fees, and have it make money? The offset is "they get" 2 Cup games and potentially the winter classic. Why couldn't they have those things without the Argos move? Difficult but not impossible. 2 Cups could come over time if the Argos had a smaller home outside of BMO. All just speculation, so why doesn't this sit right?

I was looking into 2nd division Soccer in Can/USA and read that the NASL is the official 2nd division for Soccer in North America. USL is now 3rd division and won't be competing with NASL. USL is becoming a farm team league for MLS. NASL is trying to be an independent, non-cap, follows international calendar, organized similar to Liga MX where it's split into 2 seasons Spring and Fall league. Further digging revealed that NASL was working with the CFL to try to create an all Canadian division of NASL where CFL cities would be the homes of NASL teams with affiliations in place to play in those cities stadiums...hmmm. Ottawa and Edmonton would move to this new division and new teams in Hamilton, Calgary, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan. Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal already have MLS teams and the article stated they would not move from MLS but there was nothing about affiliations of CFL teams in those cities with NASL teams. The division and affiliations were supposed to be in place for 2016. So having a division 2 team in Toronto owned by someone else (non-ML$E) in a time of revolt(at the time of this concept, we were in our 7th year, of failure) would not be the best thing for ML$E would it?
    So did Larry/Bell buy the Argos because it was a great investment? Is it possible they were trying to block something? Does anyone know anyone at the CSA that can ask how the NASL Canadian / CFL affiliation thing is going? An article July 10, 2014 in SBNation discussed the concept as well [ http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/...da-partnership ] but nothing was stated after that.
    Is this just total coincidence here or was there some kind of play happening behind the scenes?

I'd be very interested if anyone has any details or inside contacts they can ask about this partnership thing for an update.

Bones...

Reasoning for buying the Argos:

Bell: Cheap Canadian content that still draws well because their is nothing to do in regina on a friday night.

LT: Wants NFL team and is playing nice with the city.

The Canadian league angle form an NASL perspective i believe died a while ago, while their are still rumors of a Canadian league i don't believe NASL is involved. *** could be wrong on this point***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they could sell to the bay street crowd they would, simple fact is 90% of the tickets in the stadium do nothing for people like that. Corporate money will come at some point but they won't be buying tickets that most on here are buying, they will take boxes, pitch side seats and tables on the patio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to work at PCL, I'll ask some old contact there.

Speaking of hardhats, if you had one in your back car window with construction stickers on them, you could avoid parking tickets if you parked near the site.
    think that got cracked down on though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    yeah... i don't think so. Lamport does not have the infrastructure, or the space to meet 18k CFL stadium
    You're right about not having infrastructure. The stands would need to be entirely replaced with new ones. But the footprint of land that the stadium sits on, with its adjoining parking area, is at least as big as what BMO Field sits on.

This would, and still could be, the ideal site for the Argos. An easy walk from the soccer stadium, it would allow their fans to use the CNE parking areas, the GO station or public transit to get to the stadium.

Saw John Tory at the Columbus game last week. Wanted to give him an earful about this stadium fiasco, but not sure it would do any good. And he's brought enough dignity back to the mayor's post, so, no harangue from me. This time. Shame he saw such a lame game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    You're right about not having infrastructure. The stands would need to be entirely replaced with new ones. But the footprint of land that the stadium sits on, with its adjoining parking area, is at least as big as what BMO Field sits on.

This would, and still could be, the ideal site for the Argos. An easy walk from the soccer stadium, it would allow their fans to use the CNE parking areas, the GO station or public transit to get to the stadium.

Saw John Tory at the Columbus game last week. Wanted to give him an earful about this stadium fiasco, but not sure it would do any good. And he's brought enough dignity back to the mayor's post, so, no harangue from me. This time. Shame he saw such a lame game.
    Yikes. Imagine the schedule that would have to happen to enable parking accommodating BMO, Ricoh, EnerCentre events and Lamport. Not that they could schedule it properly - I just don't believe they would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    yup I just got 4 tickets email from the tiger cats for free

3400 as reported in the Star today. Embarrassing , better to play at Lamport, Varsity or York U.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, who wants to deal with QEW traffic on a Friday evening?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I suspect the NASL / CFL talks are dead. The NASL on principle will never have a salary cap. CFL owners love the salary cap and the 7 non-Braley/MLSE related ones are, if anything is going on, now likely looking to create a Canadian Div 2 with a cap. Mind you, the recession killed that dream too with money draining out of Calgary, Edmonton and SK.
    The Canadian League idea is still going ahead, according to someone I talked to in the OSA. But nothing is going to be announced until next year, and play wouldn't start until 2017, iirc. CFL ties, but not NASL ties. I wonder if this is tied to the World Cup bid, since host nation has to have it's own domestic league?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    To be fair, who wants to deal with QEW traffic on a Friday evening?
    Most Ti-Cat fans. - their supporter base range is Niagara Falls to Kitchener to Oakville. Parking is a big thing for them. (although the free HSR ride with a ticket thing makes a bit of a difference)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes. Imagine the schedule that would have to happen to enable parking accommodating BMO, Ricoh, EnerCentre events and Lamport. Not that they could schedule it properly - I just don't believe they would.
    Well, the city owns the venues and MLSE have an operational role at three of them (not the EnerCentre), so it shouldn't be too hard to manage the scheduling of most events at these venues. I can't see them allowing the sort of drama your proposing to happen.

You might well see more people inside the EnerCentre for big events than some Argos games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The Canadian League idea is still going ahead, according to someone I talked to in the OSA. But nothing is going to be announced until next year, and play wouldn't start until 2017, iirc. CFL ties, but not NASL ties. I wonder if this is tied to the World Cup bid, since host nation has to have it's own domestic league?
    So a non-ML$E Toronto team will exist then.... excellent! How can I do the needful to help with that idea?