Page 120 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 5892
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Or York University near the new Pioneer Village (aka Steeles West) subway station.

Not so much blowing it ... but hard to do anything when Argos only willing to toss in $5 million or so.
    As I've also said before, regardless of which side one blames - more could've been done to avoid the situation.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Yeah lots of Ti-Cats fans present. There were more people than I thought would show up, surprised that many Argos fans made the trip. Argos next home game is there too on Friday.
    yup I just got 4 tickets email from the tiger cats for free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Again, mentioned dozens of pgs ago, the better choice for an Argos stadium would've been Downsview for TTC and the major number of burbs drivers that come to watch.

They blew it. Nobody involved cared enough to avoid this completely preventable shitscapade.
    Argos just wanted a free ride at Sky Dome. Way back PanAM games stadium was actually going to be built at York University, but Argos were getting a free stadium at Sky Dome at the time, then you had Downsview...again Argos have never wanted to pay real money on building a stadium. Even at BMO field they have put a little amount of money into the renovation of BMO field. Argos are cheap skates, how they ever got allowed into BMO field probably had more to do with the city feeling sorry for them or something, and the fact they have long history in the city and the fact CFL wants a team in the biggest city in Canada and maybe MLSE realize it insures more profits for TFC with a stadium share and whether Argos put in much money or not it will bring more money for MLSE anyways. The Argos themselves? they really haven't put any money into this it seems and never were going to anywhere, they always wanted the free ride for decades now it seems. And in some way they probably won, they got a a great stadium without paying 130-250 million for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Even at BMO field they have put a little amount of money into the renovation of BMO field.
    Did they? I thought the deal was a commitment from CFL that MLSE got revenue and concessions from two Grey Cup matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    yup I just got 4 tickets email from the tiger cats for free
    I like the stadium, THF. What a shambles of a year for the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos just wanted a free ride at Sky Dome. Way back PanAM games stadium was actually going to be built at York University, but Argos were getting a free stadium at Sky Dome at the time, then you had Downsview...again Argos have never wanted to pay real money on building a stadium. Even at BMO field they have put a little amount of money into the renovation of BMO field. Argos are cheap skates, how they ever got allowed into BMO field probably had more to do with the city feeling sorry for them or something, and the fact they have long history in the city and the fact CFL wants a team in the biggest city in Canada and maybe MLSE realize it insures more profits for TFC with a stadium share and whether Argos put in much money or not it will bring more money for MLSE anyways. The Argos themselves? they really haven't put any money into this it seems and never were going to anywhere, they always wanted the free ride for decades now it seems. And in some way they probably won, they got a a great stadium without paying 130-250 million for it.
    They have had a lot of owners in that timespan, has been a revolving door of ownership groups, none of which were eager to get in on any stadium deals. Unfortunately, the Argos are a Canadian institution, like it or not, and will get accommodated at the expense of TFC in this case. Notice how no one supports the Argos, until you mention TFC of course, then they become ardent Argos fans. That's about all they have going for them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    They have had a lot of owners in that timespan, has been a revolving door of ownership groups, none of which were eager to get in on any stadium deals. Unfortunately, the Argos are a Canadian institution, like it or not, and will get accommodated at the expense of TFC in this case. Notice how no one supports the Argos, until you mention TFC of course, then they become ardent Argos fans. That's about all they have going for them.

So true. I actually don't think I have seen anyone with Argos merchandise in 1 or 2 years in the GTA. To be honest I think more people who rip on TFC aren't even argos fans but cfl fans from other cities. Look at any article from major media outlets regarding TFC or argos attendance and all the people ripping on TFC are from out west or hamilton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they? I thought the deal was a commitment from CFL that MLSE got revenue and concessions from two Grey Cup matches.
    I thought they had to put in some money to renovate at BMO field, either way point is Argos been mooching off other teams, paying minimum amount on playing in any stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they had to put in some money to renovate at BMO field ...
    That was what MLSE was asking for. But then things went quiet, a deal was announced, no details, but suddenly the Argos are playing on a modified field that's shorter than other CFL teams, requiring no renovations to the south end, and MLSE got two Grey Cups. I think it's pretty clear what happened. If some money is also changing hands, it's significantly less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was what MLSE was asking for. But then things went quiet, a deal was announced, no details, but suddenly the Argos are playing on a modified field that's shorter than other CFL teams, requiring no renovations to the south end, and MLSE got two Grey Cups. I think it's pretty clear what happened. If some money is also changing hands, it's significantly less.
    and they got a Maple Leafs winter classic game. MLSE is getting money off of this even if Argos didn't have to put much money into it, and I think that is the main thing MLSE saw in all this. Toronto FC on there own at BMO field with out a winter classic game and without any Grey Cups, no concerts (it turned out not a good venue for attracting music) all this would of not been worth any of the renovations since the North Stand was added. They would of not needed a 2nd deck on the East Stand and they wouldn't of put money into building roofs this winter. WIth all this they now have a 2nd tenant to sell more tickets, more money, grey cups and Winter classics, this is now worth all the renovations and more money for TFC and MLSE even if they have to deal with some fans complaining and knocking down the North End. Overall the stadium will look nice. But us TFC fans are not the sole purpose for many of this construction going on now sadly. Lets just hope the field can hold up next year and the many years to come with no Argos markings on our field, other then that, are stadium overall will be a good stadium, just a little shame our North End will look a bit bare.
    Last edited by james; 10-21-2015 at 12:34 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 6 rows in the South are affected. They still haven't announced officially that they will not be retractable but temp stands. If anybody gets an email about it please share.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temp stands in South End? They will not last 1 game.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way back PanAM games stadium was actually going to be built at York University.
    Sorry but that's incorrect. in the TO2015 bid book submitted way back in 2007 - the main stadium was always planned to be in Hamilton. The only thing planned for the games at York University was tennis as the existing Rexall Centre.

http://images.toronto2015.org/system...l/bid-book.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Sorry but that's incorrect. in the TO2015 bid book submitted way back in 2007 - the main stadium was always planned to be in Hamilton. The only thing planned for the games at York University was tennis as the existing Rexall Centre.

http://images.toronto2015.org/system...l/bid-book.pdf
    The do all the football events in Hamilton was much later. If you look in that bid book, they lists 4 venues for football:

A | BMO Field (20,000 seats)
    B | Varsity Stadium (10,000 seats)
    C | Ron Joyce Stadium (10,000 seats)
    D | Sherwood Park (10,000 seats)

It was only later on that they tossed around the York idea, when things weren't going well with Hamilton and Burlington. Both for the football, and for the Athletics stadium.

There were many iterations of this ... including an option for the Argos at York.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 6 rows in the South are affected. They still haven't announced officially that they will not be retractable but temp stands. If anybody gets an email about it please share.
    Oh, no, my new third row seat!
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Oh, no, my new third row seat!
    that means im front row now!!!! woohooo lol

what a mess the argos have casued !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The front row of the south will not be going... at least for TFC games

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The front row of the south will not be going... at least for TFC games
    My point remains valid.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

I have row 1 and row 2 seats in 112. What's TFC gonna do for me if those rows are gone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interesting.

I have row 1 and row 2 seats in 112. What's TFC gonna do for me if those rows are gone?
    They won't be gone but if they're temp, they may bounce better resulting in less sore knees and backs! (glass half full)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that official? I'd heard originally it was first 8 rows; but this was all off the table with the latest configuration, and somewhat shorter CFL field; but just gossip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows my info is a month or two old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if these dates are written in concrete, but I noticed MLS is already announcing playoff games on wed Oct 28 or Thurs Oct 29, Sun Nov 1, Sun Nov 8, Sat Nov 21 and Sat Nov 28 and Sat Dec 6

CFL has listed these dates for playoffs:
    Sun Nov 15, Sun Nov 22 and Sun Nov 29

Say next year Argos and TFC were to be in the playoffs, they could easily have 2 games at BMO field in 1 weekend less then 24 hours apart from each other....does that give them even enough time to add all the CFL lines overnight in time for a playoff game on Sunday? or would TFC just get stuck with shit lines all over the field like you have seen in some American cities? (Ya I know MLSE say that wont happen, but now seeing how the playoffs work...you really don't have much notice on when your teams are playing, Very short notice. Is that enough time?

Also for example...if the playoffs were like this year...Argos would have to play there last 2 games of the season on the road as you see this year the 2nd round of the MLS playoffs are listed Sun Nov 1 and Sun Nov 8, CFL season is still going on then, Argos are playing at Sky Dome Fri Oct 30 and Friday Nov 6. Think how the field might look just 2 days after.

If the Leagues were to follow formats like this for the next few years Argos would always have to play the last couple games of the season on the road.
    Last edited by james; 10-22-2015 at 02:43 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 4th row-115, what behind the net is actually 1st row,did not get any email for now.

However, first 6 row wont do it for CFL field unless they allowed Argos to play on shorter field,something CFL declined few years back. From my 4th row seat I'm maybe 10 yards away from goal line,where they are going to find another 15 yards, CFL is 150 yards,BMO is 100,that's 25 yards per side.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if these dates are written in concrete, but I noticed MLS is already announcing playoff games on wed Oct 28 or Thurs Oct 29, Sun Nov 1, Sun Nov 8, Sat Nov 21 and Sat Nov 28 and Sat Dec 6

CFL has listed these dates for playoffs:
    Sun Nov 15, Sun Nov 22 and Sun Nov 29

Say next year Argos and TFC were to be in the playoffs, they could easily have 2 games at BMO field in 1 weekend less then 24 hours apart from each other....does that give them even enough time to add all the CFL lines overnight in time for a playoff game on Sunday? or would TFC just get stuck with shit lines all over the field like you have seen in some American cities? (Ya I know MLSE say that wont happen, but now seeing how the playoffs work...you really don't have much notice on when your teams are playing, Very short notice. Is that enough time?

Also for example...if the playoffs were like this year...Argos would have to play there last 2 games of the season on the road as you see this year the 2nd round of the MLS playoffs are listed Sun Nov 1 and Sun Nov 8, CFL season is still going on then, Argos are playing at Sky Dome Fri Oct 30 and Friday Nov 6. Think how the field might look just 2 days after.

If the Leagues were to follow formats like this for the next few years Argos would always have to play the last couple games of the season on the road.
    the one thing hinted at by MLSE is that the MLS schedule might change.
    it might start earlier...more mid week games...to be done a little earlier.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that official? I'd heard originally it was first 8 rows; but this was all off the table with the latest configuration, and somewhat shorter CFL field; but just gossip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Who knows my info is a month or two old.
    What's an "official"??

There's very little info that we can be sure of but I'm going to keep talking about the latest info they give us.

-Pint and I heard from the horses mouth the 6-8 rows thing.
    -The last layout of the stadium we got IN CFL MODE had a space that isn't there now in the first 6-8 rows.

If you're waiting for official word on all of this

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

I'm as frustrated about this as anybody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I'm in 4th row-115, what behind the net is actually 1st row,did not get any email for now.

However, first 6 row wont do it for CFL field unless they allowed Argos to play on shorter field,something CFL declined few years back. From my 4th row seat I'm maybe 10 yards away from goal line,where they are going to find another 15 yards, CFL is 150 yards,BMO is 100,that's 25 yards per side.
    Off center field maybe? I wonder how much room they have once they demolish the north end?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The powers that be are aware that if the grey cup was to be this year at BMO there could be a conflict.

They have stated that next WILL NOT be a conflict. Hence the sched change hint.

Otherwise its a straight up lie.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Off center field maybe? I wonder how much room they have once they demolish the north end?
    the center of the field will be offset to the north AND it will be smaller end zones. Its going to be a very weird compromise to get that field into the dimensions there.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Definitely off centre field. How much is up to the the South end 6-8 seats.