Page 119 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 5892
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    They play American football in Columbus's stadium - and many soccer-specific stadium.

Our stadium will remain soccer-specific. It won't be soccer-exclusive - never was. There's been several full-scale Rugby matches there recently in addition to both the Men's and Women's Rugby 7 tournament during the Pan-Am Games.
    rugby has had what 19 -20 games , fine with me its not a season and on MLSlive Columbus stadium is always described as a soccer specific stadium , any matches are not leagues .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked through the new renewal website. And I couldn't see much. Most noticeable was our captain's armband. But that's the City of Toronto flag. Was there something in particular?

In the Ten Seasons logo, the Seasons bit at the bottom is white lettering on Toronto blue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to not really give two thoughts about the argos but go watch them once in a blue moon just because they were a Toronto team. Now i despise them and I know a crapload of people who feel the same way. I hope they continue to fail.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    I used to not really give two thoughts about the argos but go watch them once in a blue moon just because they were a Toronto team. Now i despise them and I know a crapload of people who feel the same way. I hope they continue to fail.
    Same, used to not care about the CFL and now I hate it. Simply mentioning the argos or CFL makes me angry.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    do you have a pic of the banner in the south end from last game as well? wasn't able to see what it was from my seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the Argos 'home' game at Tim Hortons field in Hamilton yesterday. High school atmosphere. It is a shame they have no where else to play besides BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That's marketing speak for tearing down the north stand & putting in a movable terrace which will be out for TFC games, retracted for Argos. Not the same thing as the north stand, but not completely open. (And note that the Hamilton stadium is open at both ends.)
    There will be no movable or temporary seating in the north end.
    we will get an open space at worst or a flat patio at best.
    Tim horton field with a roof over 3 ends is what BMO field will look like next year.

Last edited by troy1982; 10-18-2015 at 06:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    There will be no movable or temporary seating in the north end.
    we will get an open space at worst or a flat patio at best.
    It could very well be the patio of 2007-09.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It could very well be the patio of 2007-09.
    Probably but there were seating and permanent structures then so it will be more open than then

I still think MLSE will even decided to drop the patio idea just as they did with retractable seating and hybrid field to save money and we will get this:

Last edited by troy1982; 10-18-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I went to the Argos 'home' game at Tim Hortons field in Hamilton yesterday. High school atmosphere. It is a shame they have no where else to play besides BMO.
    I had a free pair of tickets the tiger cats give out 200 pairs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah lots of Ti-Cats fans present. There were more people than I thought would show up, surprised that many Argos fans made the trip. Argos next home game is there too on Friday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the Ten Seasons logo, the Seasons bit at the bottom is white lettering on Toronto blue.
    Ah, good catch. Argos blue or BMO blue? It looks between the 2 shades of blue the Argos use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if these were posted yet (from UT)

EDIT: ah, they're screenshots from the renewl site.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably but there were seating and permanent structures then so it will be more open than then

I still think MLSE will even decided to drop the patio idea just as they did with retractable seating and hybrid field to save money and we will get this:
    I must have missed this, so it's official we aren't getting hybrid grass? What's the reason - cost? So many damn lies. This is making me angry. We were sold one thing and it's beginning to get progressively worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, good catch. Argos blue or BMO blue? It looks between the 2 shades of blue the Argos use.
    got a pic?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    do you have a pic of the banner in the south end from last game as well? wasn't able to see what it was from my seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I must have missed this, so it's official we aren't getting hybrid grass? What's the reason - cost? So many damn lies. This is making me angry. We were sold one thing and it's beginning to get progressively worse.
    This one might actually make sense. Hybrid grass actually makes replacing sections more difficult because the hybrid strands are driven into the earth to quite a deep depth. It means you can't dig down and remove a section of grass for replacement.

Is this true? I don't know but that's the story we've been told.

My biggest concern is logos/advertising on the grass. They told us end zones only but that was when the two end zones weren't part of the soccer pitch. Now, at the south end at least, only a portion of the endzone is not part of the soccer pitch!

So what are they going to do? Will our new president actually stand up for TFC or allow himself to be walked over?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    This one might actually make sense. Hybrid grass actually makes replacing sections more difficult because the hybrid strands are driven into the earth to quite a deep depth. It means you can't dig down and remove a section of grass for replacement.

Is this true? I don't know but that's the story we've been told.

My biggest concern is logos/advertising on the grass. They told us end zones only but that was when the two end zones weren't part of the soccer pitch. Now, at the south end at least, only a portion of the endzone is not part of the soccer pitch!

So what are they going to do? Will our new president actually stand up for TFC or allow himself to be walked over?
    With the info we got in the meantime from EPL & NFL stadiums that use hybrid, yes it does seem true that it's very hard to replace sections of the hybrid turf. However now lately I've been hearing how much they're scrimping & saving on the whole Argos reno, and I start to wonder if the turf repair issue is really the only or main reason we're not getting hybrid.

Yes I'm also wondering about the logos in the CFL end zones. The whole thing is going to be strange, with the northward/unbalanced shift of the CFL field; north end zone plastic turf but south end zone grass & part of the soccer pitch, etc.

I wonder what else will fall by the wayside as they cut corners for the Argos pipe dream. Those grow lights that we're supposed to get, to have the grass grow stronger & faster: still happening? Will there still be drainage problems on the west concourse, with huge puddles everywhere after every game? Will the washrooms still be unheated, with only cold water for washing hands?

What exactly am I supposed to pay 42% more for next season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

What exactly am I supposed to pay 42% more for next season?
    a championship contender?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cutting corners for the argos telle me one thing

they have no faith in the CFL working out in Toronto in its current form

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowing MLSE, they probably still have those patio stones from 2007-2009 and can re-use them to save big bucks.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the point . Are you willing to gaurantee that ? I think a complete entertainment package of comfortable facilities is , for a professional franchise , at some point a necessity and deserved . They promised Gio a fully renovated pro stadium within a upscale pro league . We easily will have the worst half assed stadium if MLSE are not dedicated to fulfilling their planned stages FULLY as we have patiently waited for . Already the difference between the 2nd level and original east ground level is ridiculous . Simply ask any women who have used the washrooms (in the rain) . If we are going to be left with , no TVs , no washroom heaters , Roof water leakage in the original sections it should show up in our pricing . If we don't go all out how many Gios show up ? It looks like the the new vision is if it's good enough for the CFL then all is well .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    cutting corners for the argos telle me one thing

they have no faith in the CFL working out in Toronto in its current form
    This gives me hope that they aren't accommodating the Argos as much as it first appears, perhaps the best ground share option for the Argos would be with TFC2 in Vaughn.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Sorry that's a pile of crock. Giovinco aside -- other MLS teams manage to be championship contenders w/o overpaying their players, w/o otherwise wasting money, and w/o over-charging their fans.

I don't like to pay a premium for ineptitude.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-19-2015 at 11:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Another way to put it, Yohan just posted this tweet:

Steven Goff3 lowest payrolls in MLS:
    1. Red Bulls
    2. Dallas
    3. DC United

Supporters' Shield standings:
    1. Red Bulls
    2. Dallas

3. DC United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    This gives me hope that they aren't accommodating the Argos as much as it first appears, perhaps the best ground share option for the Argos would be with TFC2 in Vaughn.

ARGOS should be playing at a renovated and increased 18k LAMPORT STADIUM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    ARGOS should be playing at a renovated and increased 18k LAMPORT STADIUM.
    yeah... i don't think so. Lamport does not have the infrastructure, or the space to meet 18k CFL stadium
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, mentioned dozens of pgs ago, the better choice for an Argos stadium would've been Downsview for TTC and the major number of burbs drivers that come to watch.

They blew it. Nobody involved cared enough to avoid this completely preventable shitscapade.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or York University near the new Pioneer Village (aka Steeles West) subway station.

Not so much blowing it ... but hard to do anything when Argos only willing to toss in $5 million or so.