Page 103 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And I am beginning to see what @Pint mentions in that I can't see them letting everyone know what the surface situation will be if they aren't convinced it will be a seller for renewals. I still find it untoward that they will be selling a product they presently are not confident in to withstand the rigours of this ground share.

Circus, indeed.
    Yep they will not come out and say "hey remember that thing we told you we did all this research on and thay it would solve all the issues with the argos moving in.... ya we ain't doing that because as it turns out, we don't think it's a good solution. But ya how about some money for next season."

Trial and error coming our way, hopefully the errors don't cost us players and points.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Yep they will not come out and say "hey remember that thing we told you we did all this research on and thay it would solve all the issues with the argos moving in.... ya we ain't doing that because as it turns out, we don't think it's a good solution. But ya how about some money for next season."

Trial and error coming our way, hopefully the errors don't cost us players and points.
    First priority in scheduling helps. It's somewhat negated by the fact that it's OUR game that suffers from the second tenants. Presently, there is no faith in the plan for the surface enduring the season. They expect next years SSH to be Guinea Pigs while they problem solve.

To me, personally, it's unacceptable.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they have plenty of Scott's Turf Builder on hand next season. Sigh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they use 100% real grass, it can actually be much stronger than what BMO Field has right now, and what is typical especially in North America. I hope they get the very best experts & best technology involved. I'm sure the guys from Guelph are good, but they need all the help they can get.

Like this guy: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...s-still-among-

No idea if even the best grass will withstand CFL on a rainy day, but they better try. I'm afraid MLSE is just going to wing it, trial & error etc. We've already had enough errors, including the wrong substrate used when we first got real grass; brain farts about hybrid being the perfect solution for all problems; and more.

(BTW who is paying for all that technology, expertise, and possible iterations of trial & error, in hopes of making CFL at BMO feasible???)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-30-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they're going to use that terraplas grass covering and lay down a pre-marked roll-out turf field over top of that? Would the conversion take no more than 12-36 hours? Would the grass not yellow if it was covered for no more than 72 hours at a time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What date did Rollins tweet about the Terraplas being an option? Was it around the time of the Bez breakfast?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Maybe they're going to use that terraplas grass covering and lay down a pre-marked roll-out turf field over top of that? Would the conversion take no more than 12-36 hours? Would the grass not yellow if it was covered for no more than 72 hours at a time?
    No they are not.

The terraplas will be used to cover an endzone for our games so they can use the patiobar on top of it.

Terraplas is expensive and no one uses it for and entire season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see how well the turf stood up to 3 rugby matches yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been saying since day one that nothing good can possibly come of this. Absolutely nothing and risk-wise the downside is virtually unlimited in our case. Just as this club has finally shown that it was getting its shit together it's about to make a monumental mistake that'll have serious repercussions. Circus indeed but as the saying goes, 'you reap what you sow'.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Agreed.

The theory is that hybrid turf is impossible to 'patch'. Grass surface is easily patchable and completely replaceable given some catastrophic incident (like a muddy argo game during a sensitive time of year).

If that fails, then I am sure they will chance a hybrid surface. Next step if that fails is pretty obvious. Get ready for the three ring circus.
    The stadium guys on my Old Trafford tour 2 weeks ago indicated that the cost and logistics to patch repair their Desso are too significant. Didn't get the sense it was impossible. Got the sense it was expensive and time consuming.

They reseed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets go to a cfl game and crash their party

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    lets go to a cfl game and crash their party
    There are definitely people interested in this.

I, for one, am not giving them my money and the sight of it would make me nauseous. But I understand the sentiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are definitely people interested in this.
    You have to be pretty pathetic to want to do that in my opinion.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
    You have to be pretty pathetic to want to do that in my opinion.
    That is an opinion, all right. Pathos has a lot to do with this whole situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is an opinion, all right. Pathos has a lot to do with this whole situation.
    Which is why logic needs to prevail in this situation. I can understand people's concerns about the pitch, I'm not 100% convinced myself there won't be issues. However, until there are I'm not going to get upset about it. I'm certainly won't rally or condone a rally to ruin another teams fans game day experience. That would be a pretty classless thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is why logic needs to prevail in this situation. I can understand people's concerns about the pitch, I'm not 100% convinced myself there won't be issues. However, until there are I'm not going to get upset about it. I'm certainly won't rally or condone a rally to ruin another teams fans game day experience. That would be a pretty classless thing to do.
    Excellent post, my setiments as well, but remember there are those over zealous one's that will go to the Argos first game at BMO in there TFC finery and be classless goofs and give the rest of us a bad name, much like the Football Hooligans of old. I am anticipating a media shit show, 'Those TFC Hooligans'

And they do it under the guise of TFC and Supporter's groups blessings.
    Last edited by Derko; 07-31-2015 at 08:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's never a blessing to be a dork.

Although there are some Argo fans who have been dorks on here and dorks on social media, the vast majority of the Argo fans just want a place to play their games. Being a dork around them is classless.

Go to an Argo game against Calgary or Ottawa, wear TFC red and cheer for the Stamps or the Red Blacks. That's what 30% of their crowds do already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There's never a blessing to be a dork.

Although there are some Argo fans who have been dorks on here and dorks on social media, the vast majority of the Argo fans just want a place to play their games. Being a dork around them is classless.

Go to an Argo game against Calgary or Ottawa, wear TFC red and cheer for the Stamps or the Red Blacks. That's what 30% of their crowds do already.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the same token would it surprise you to see a group doing the same thing the Argos game after a TFC game that was clearly affected by the previous Argos game? Would you understand one group feeling that their "experience was ruined" and then justifying their actions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard the idea before and I understand why some would want to do it. Personally I wouldn't want to spend money/time/effort to attend something that is meaningless to me. I would rather go to a tfc 2, jays or Marlies game than waste my time with the argos.

Argo fans are not the problem, in fact the less we do to them the better imo. The problems fall with the out of touch grey hairs running the city, with current ownership who was so cheap he didn't want to do anything to secure a long term home for his team and to future ownership buying the team for interests other than a passion for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the same token would it surprise you to see a group doing the same thing the Argos game after a TFC game that was clearly affected by the previous Argos game? Would you understand one group feeling that their "experience was ruined" and then justifying their actions?
    It wouldn't surprise me but I still think it would be stupid. Derko is right:

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Excellent post, my setiments as well, but remember there are those over zealous one's that will go to the Argos first game at BMO in there TFC finery and be classless goofs and give the rest of us a bad name, much like the Football Hooligans of old. I am anticipating a media shit show, 'Those TFC Hooligans'

And they do it under the guise of TFC and Supporter's groups blessings.
    The media wouldn't be friendly and they would be in the right because it would be a classless thing to do. Also, as Pint has pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The problems fall with the out of touch grey hairs running the city, with current ownership who was so cheap he didn't want to do anything to secure a long term home for his team and to future ownership buying the team for interests other than a passion for the game.
    That's where the complaints should be directed if things don't work not the Argos and Argos fans.
    Last edited by Enterprise Captain; 07-31-2015 at 09:37 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's where the complaints should be directed if things don't work not the Argos and Argos fans.

Yes and all those complaints will be addressed while we hold our breath and trust...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and all those complaints will be addressed while we hold our breath and trust...
    How did the "No Argos at BMO Field" work out? What makes you think showing up at an Argos game will make a difference? Not much you can do if your complaint falls on deaf ears but at least you can say you did it the right way vs. being a classless douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on how the pitch fared after the 3 rugby games the other day?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know that the media would and will have a field day with any protest at the Argos.

The best and most effective protest was the one already done this season.

That first 20 minutes when the south was quiet. Kill the atmosphere and this team is worse than Houston on a weekday. All accounts indicate they heard that loud and clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So orlando just released their stadium plans. Soccer specific, safe standing with a roof. All of this being done with no public funds as well.

Orlando city is setting a standard with that move, at least their supporters still make them hateable

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did the "No Argos at BMO Field" work out? What makes you think showing up at an Argos game will make a difference? Not much you can do if your complaint falls on deaf ears but at least you can say you did it the right way vs. being a classless douche.
    There are several other options to going to an Argos game or writing a stern letter and hoping for a change. It's not my preference. I'd much rather a constructive PROACTIVE dialogue to this announcement without feedback and reaction to embarrassment and damage control from ignoring or under-appreciating season ticket holders.

They should be just as embarrassed at their unprofessionalism as the antics you infer they're indifferent to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Any word on how the pitch fared after the 3 rugby games the other day?
    We have word from one of the Voyageurs who attended that the pitch did not suffer too bad. I'm pretty positive that by next Wed it should be ok.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando supporters bring it every game,in that heat. Let's see where they are in 4 years after Kaka leaves and they have had a few seasons of not making the playoffs.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Orlando supporters bring it every game,in that heat. Let's see where they are in 4 years after Cyle Larin leaves for TFC and they have had a few seasons of not making the playoffs.

Fixed for me