Page 143 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 5892
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    So you mean to tell me is that every seat shown as red on the Argos virtual venue thing has been held back and not sold because it says N.A. and not sold out?

I have a very, very strong suspicion (I could be wrong but I do work for a ticketing software company so it's more of an educated suspicion).

EDIT: I don't mean more educated than any one else - but in the context of an educated guess.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 03-02-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So while I was away in NY I got a call from "my" Argos ticket rep asking if I had any questions about the new season ticket packages and how I could get a hold of him. Anyone else had this happen?

While I understand the Argos are using MLSE info they may want to add a "comments" line if they (we) are existing STH's and if we've had convos with ticket reps whether we've, you know, said we have a problem the Argos groundshare.

just a note. Doesn't take much.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So while I was away in NY I got a call from "my" Argos ticket rep asking if I had any questions about the new season ticket packages and how I could get a hold of him. Anyone else had this happen?

While I understand the Argos are using MLSE info they may want to add a "comments" line if they (we) are existing STH's and if we've had convos with ticket reps whether we've, you know, said we have a problem the Argos groundshare.

just a note. Doesn't take much.
    I could only image some of the hate that person has received when making calls.

I almost hope i get one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The leafs are now playing a game at bmo next year

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/09...c-at-bmo-field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    The leafs are now playing a game at bmo next year
    That's been one of the worst kept secrets all along...that was one of the only reasons they did the renovations/roof, so they could host the Jan 1 2017 outdoor game which also coincides with their 100th anniversary.

They haven't won a cup in 50 years, but who cares they have a fancy new logo! Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    That's been one of the worst kept secrets all along...that was one of the only reasons they did the renovations/roof, so they could host the Jan 1 2017 outdoor game which also coincides with their 100th anniversary.

They haven't won a cup in 50 years, but who cares they have a fancy new logo! Lol.
    BMO didn't need a roof for that. Was there a roof in Ann Arbour? No!

The expanded seating was all they really needed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So......they are playing the Red Wings.

And the seats are Red.

Going to be a long way to throw that Octopus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So......they are playing the Red Wings.

And the seats are Red.

Going to be a long way to throw that Octopus.
    That's gonna be really awkard for the leafs...unless they put blue seat covers... But that's the last thing we want blue seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    That's gonna be really awkard for the leafs...unless they put blue seat covers... But that's the last thing we want blue seats
    The place is going to be sold out. No need for seat covers with all the people in blue jerseys you won't notice the colour of the seats. Also, this won't effect TFC in any way. There's over two months after this event before our season starts.
    Last edited by Enterprise Captain; 03-10-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable!!! First the Argos, and now the Leafs moving in?!?

Their skates are really gonna chew up the grass guys...clearly this is all part of the MLSE conspiracy!!!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    BMO didn't need a roof for that. Was there a roof in Ann Arbour? No!

The expanded seating was all they really needed.
    The roof wasn't necessary. The other renos and expansion were. With the new facilities they could attract people who care about events. It was never about making it better just for the people already there.

BMO field was decided 2 years ago to become an attraction vs a shrine. This one time event does less to intrude upon our season but it IS the carrot that lead the donkey to an all purpose stadium.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Well, with the Argos in for this season, I'd say we're already at the point of an all-purpose stadium. But you're right in the the outdoor hockey game is one-off. I can see the NHL allowing one game per season at BMO at the most, as well as throwing a bone to the Marlies, but not much beyond that. I have serious doubts we'd have outdoor Leaf matches multiple times over a season, though I wonder if Hockey Canada would consider it for a special tournament or exhibition game? Canada v USA outdoors might be cool.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-10-2016 at 09:23 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Well, with the Argos in for this season, I'd say we're already at the point of an all-purpose stadium. But you're right in the the outdoor hockey game is one-off. I can see the NHL allowing one game per season at BMO at the most, as well as throwing a bone to the Marlies, but not much beyond that. I have serious doubts we'd have outdoor Leaf matches multiple times over a season, though I wonder if Hockey Canada would consider it for a special tournament or exhibition game? Canada v USA outdoors might be cool.
    Maybe one but MLSE would be smarter to spread it out a bit. The novelty factor is important. If I were them I'd do one every three years.

Ya, a Canada v USA match, actually two matches ... men and women ... would be great but only once every two years as the USA should host every other year. Turn it into a tradition!
    Last edited by Blizzard; 03-10-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ Well, with the Argos in for this season, I'd say we're already at the point of an all-purpose stadium. But you're right in the the outdoor hockey game is one-off. I can see the NHL allowing one game per season at BMO at the most, as well as throwing a bone to the Marlies, but not much beyond that. I have serious doubts we'd have outdoor Leaf matches multiple times over a season, though I wonder if Hockey Canada would consider it for a special tournament or exhibition game? Canada v USA outdoors might be cool.
    There should be an outdoor NHL game annually for years to come at BMO Field. There are many rivalries to still to serve - Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo, other Original Six clubs, other Canadian clubs.

With each game, we will see an accompanying schedule over a 2-3 day span including Marlies AHL games, OHL games, alumni events. Anything up to and including the Leafs Ice Girls vs. The World Snowball Fight-Hot Tub Party.

The adjoining buildings will be full of displays (including Hall of Fame), merchandise concessions, interactive events, player appearances and bars and restaurants. Each outdoor game will make buckets of money yet offer the Leafs scores of affordable/free promotional opportunities to bring new Canadians into the game. They know how urgent it is to bring new people to the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com..._0hour_in_new/

Let's all give a warm welcome to our generous new co-hosts!

Seriously, disgusting scummy corporate BS like this make my blood boil. Would be good material for a TIFO imo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing a TIFO about the other tenant?

Nah...they are not worth it.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    There should be an outdoor NHL game annually for years to come at BMO Field. There are many rivalries to still to serve - Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo, other Original Six clubs, other Canadian clubs.
    Yeah that's what I mean. I think we'll see at most one outdoor game a year, but the league is dead set against multiple matches at BMO over the course of a season.

With each game, we will see an accompanying schedule over a 2-3 day span including Marlies AHL games, OHL games, alumni events. Anything up to and including the Leafs Ice Girls vs. The World Snowball Fight-Hot Tub Party.

The adjoining buildings will be full of displays (including Hall of Fame), merchandise concessions, interactive events, player appearances and bars and restaurants. Each outdoor game will make buckets of money yet offer the Leafs scores of affordable/free promotional opportunities to bring new Canadians into the game. They know how urgent it is to bring new people to the game.
    There's no doubt in my mind that they'll try to have an AHL game within a week of the NHL match, and maybe other events as well. Simply because if MLSE is going to shell out that money for the stands, staff, and support facilities; they might as well squeeze in as much use as they can and generate more money.

And honestly, I have no problem with it. In fact, I hope they get as much use of out the place as they can - just as long as it's not immediately before or during the MLS season and post-season, of course.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post

Seriously, disgusting scummy corporate BS like this make my blood boil. Would be good material for a TIFO imo
    How is that related to the Argos at BMO Field? It's an issue, an issue that belongs in a different thread as it is a different topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league that oversees the team (Argos) that is invading our home stadium (BMO) is doing things bordering on the illegal. Think it's perfectly fine to post that in here. Adds a bit to the general feeling of fuck you towards them, I would think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nevermind - not worth it
    Last edited by GabrielHurl; 03-12-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league that oversees the team (Argos) that is invading our home stadium (BMO) is doing things bordering on the illegal. Think it's perfectly fine to post that in here. Adds a bit to the general feeling of fuck you towards them, I would think
    I didn't realize the purpose of this thread was to add "to the general feeling of fuck you towards them (Argos)." I thought it was to discus things that effect TFC fans by the Argos moving in to BMO Field and what you posted doesn't effect me at all as a TFC fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck the Argos if they were to fold I could not care less, ya I said it and if I can't say something like this on a soccer TFC forum without someone being offended than woopidee yoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All we are doing is hating on the Argos but that's going to get us nowhere. Face it they are going to stay for likely a long time because they can't afford a new stadium. As a loyal TFC supporter since 2007 the Argos moving in really hurt me and it took sometime to accept it. If there are any football lines or Argos logos on the field during tfc game day I'm more likely to not go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All we are doing is hating on the Argos but that's going to get us nowhere. Face it they are going to stay for likely a long time because they can't afford a new stadium. As a loyal TFC supporter since 2007 the Argos moving in really hurt me and it took sometime to accept it. If there are any football lines or Argos logos on the field during tfc game day I'm more likely to not go.
    I'm willing to play the long game and wait out for the fanbase to die off and the the talent pool to shrink to irrelevance.

In true Canadian fashion, we'll keep this drenching corpse afloat to satisfy CANCON.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. Im think there is a lot of bullshit complaining around most unpaid intership "scandals" but that seems clear as day to be pretty shitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    I'm willing to play the long game and wait out for the fanbase to die off and the the talent pool to shrink to irrelevance.

In true Canadian fashion, we'll keep this drenching corpse afloat to satisfy CANCON.
    TFC supporters should make a petition to send the Argos to lamport stadium. The chances of them moving are extremely slim but MLSE will get the message on how much we hate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC supporters should make a petition to send the Argos to lamport stadium. The chances of them moving are extremely slim but MLSE will get the message on how much we hate them.
    MLSE already got the message how much TFC fans don't support Argos move to BMO field, but unfortunately we can't do anything about it unless you stop buying tickets and support TFC.

This is why I hope all Canadian soccer league becomes a reality one day so soccer fans in this region will have an option to support non-MLSE soccer team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, please speak for yourself. Not all of us hate the Argos. As far as I'm concerned MLSE has addressed the issues that I was concerned about with the Argos moving into BMO Field. The only unknown is the pitch but until I see an issue there I'm not going to start complaining.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't think MLSE knows we don't want to share the stadium? They do.

A petition at this stage would do little but make you feel like you've done something. If it helps you go for it. I think you'd be disappointed by the amount of people who would sign it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If by extremely slim you meant 100% non existent, then you said something correct.