Page 117 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And yet it still looks bush league.
    Or rock league:

Jokes & one very cool stadium aside, I agree with you though.

Pricing will always be an issue but I doubt there will be substantial increase with the amount of bad will they're creating with the mass relocations.
    Is this the relocation of folks in the North Stand?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Or rock league:

Jokes & one very cool stadium aside, I agree with you though.

Is this the relocation of folks in the North Stand?
    Mostly. But there will be many relo's in the South this year. They will be busy.

And I agree. That stadium is a hell of an exception. Very unique idea.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    and yet, many professional clubs across the globe have less than four stands. It's a mad, mad world I tell ya.
    I have no doubt. They're many in MLS with 3, I just think it looks poor. If its a patio it won't be as bad I suppose. Our new capacity will be around 27-28000 I presume. Anyone know for sure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    my point was that painting the field isn't a terrible option when necessary. bigger clubs than us deal with similar issues. It's not the end of the world if we have to paint the field occasionally.

Your point isn't really hitting the mark to what we are talking about. AC MIlan and Inter is not the same as Toronto FC and Argos sharing the field. I don't really get how you don't see the difference between Toronto FC and Argos sharing the stadium vs Milan and Inter sharing a stadium. Anyways not going through all this, but we are talking about 2 complete different situations here with different sports being played on 1 field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    ^^Okay mods - who's the joker that put p l a y o f f s on the banned word list?
    It's not banned, it just gets automatically replaced via a rule they set in the forum software a few weeks ago. And great, now you've jinxed it, if we miss the p******s we'll know who to blame....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    So, who is going to pay for the expansion, the Argos stuff, the canopy(partial roof)?
    The leafs. Seriously this stadium was mainly constructed for winter classics - the Argos are just a convenient excuse (and a means to avoid the construction of additional venues around the GTA).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    So, who is going to pay for the expansion, the Argos stuff, the canopy(partial roof)?
    I'm sure they're still hoping to have a price increase for TFC, we shall see. They also figure it rains so often during TFC games that having a (partial) roof will help with attendance (= concessions) and ticket sales.

Outdoor Leafs game as well I guess. I'm sure their accountants will be happy if there are multiple revenue streams tied to every expenditure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a email from my season ticket rep for Hamilton tiger cats asking me if I would like free tickets when the argos play a home game in Hamilton oct 17
    Last edited by nascarguy; 10-11-2015 at 08:11 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I got a email from my season ticket rep for Hamilton tiger cats asking me if I would like free tickets when the argos play a home game in Hamilton oct 17
    Oh that must be going over well. That's like asking TFC fans if they want a free ticket to a game at BMO where the Impact host Seattle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are the argos playing a home game in Hamilton ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Why are the argos playing a home game in Hamilton ?
    Because they're worried there may be a Jays game at the Rogers Centre then, and you can't make a last-minute decision about the location of the Argos game.

Wow, offering free tickets to Ticats fans is a real kick in the teeth. Someone is really dropping the ball there. Argos and/or CFL should realize the difficult situation the Argos are in, and secure almost all the seats in Hamilton. Then they could offer them for free or cheap to Toronto schools, clubs, universities/colleges, whatever.

EDIT And Ticketmaster online is still showing that the Oct. 17 game is at the Rogers Centre; but they aren't selling any tickets at the moment. Wow, what a shit show.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-11-2015 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Because they're worried there may be a Jays game at the Rogers Centre then, and you can't make a last-minute decision about the location of the Argos game.

Wow, offering free tickets to Ticats fans is a real kick in the teeth. Someone is really dropping the ball there. Argos and/or CFL should realize the difficult situation the Argos are in, and secure almost all the seats in Hamilton. Then they could offer them for free or cheap to Toronto schools, clubs, universities/colleges, whatever.

EDIT And Ticketmaster online is still showing that the Oct. 17 game is at the Rogers Centre; but they aren't selling any tickets at the moment. Wow, what a shit show.
    They're well aware about Argos and lack of interest for CFL in Toronto. I hardly doubt giving free tickets would help since there's bit of apathy for Argos in Toronto. Keep in mind, Argos have try giving free tickets in the past and it didn't exactly help them gain more fans in the end.

BMO field is truly Argos/CFL last hope to remain relevant in GTA. If they can't make it work in BMO field, then they might as well fold.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll make it work. With lots of paper and cheap cheap cheap tickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the situation the Jays are in right now, I doubt the Argos will have very little to worry about regarding finding a place to play for the 17th.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    With the situation the Jays are in right now, I doubt the Argos will have very little to worry about regarding finding a place to play for the 17th.
    Well looking ok tonight so far...

Yes you're right, but they already made the decision about the game in Hamilton more than a week ago, as soon as the Jays were in the p******s. Switching the game takes a while. It will be funny if the Rogers Centre is totally empty that night.

Yes I realize the Argos are a hard sell in Toronto. But Ticats fans hate the Argos. They're going to all go to that game in Hamilton & cheer for Calgary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So fast forward a year... What happens if TFC get into the p******s in 2016??? Do the Argos play in Hamilton again or do we have to suck up them playing at BMO and TFC working around the dates???
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    So fast forward a year... What happens if TFC get into the p******s in 2016??? Do the Argos play in Hamilton again or do we have to suck up them playing at BMO and TFC working around the dates???
    Yes it won't be ideal, and I'm not happy with it. Supposedly the Argos will be working around the schedule of the "primary tenant" i.e., TFC. I do admit, it is much easier to schedule around MLS than around MLB. MLS p******s are at most one game per week, and never multiple weeks in a row. MLB has far more p****** games.

I suppose you could have a TFC p****** game on Friday evening or Saturday (instead of Sunday); and an Argos game on Sunday.

This year the MLS p******s are on Wednesday, Thursday, and mostly on Sundays. If it's the same in the future, then that's actually tough. The networks want to schedule those MLS p****** games far in advance. If TFC makes the p******s, how are they going to play on Friday evening or Saturday if the networks have scheduled that game for Sunday already?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes it won't be ideal, and I'm not happy with it. Supposedly the Argos will be working around the schedule of the "primary tenant" i.e., TFC. I do admit, it is much easier to schedule around MLS than around MLB. MLS p******s are at most one game per week, and never multiple weeks in a row. MLB has far more p****** games.

I suppose you could have a TFC p****** game on Friday evening or Saturday (instead of Sunday); and an Argos game on Sunday.

This year the MLS p******s are on Wednesday, Thursday, and mostly on Sundays. If it's the same in the future, then that's actually tough. The networks want to schedule those MLS p****** games far in advance. If TFC makes the p******s, how are they going to play on Friday evening or Saturday if the networks have scheduled that game for Sunday already?
    Well, now that the Argos have become adept at being an itinerant band of gypsy entertainers, having to move them on short notice to another venue to avoid wrecking the soccer experience will be an easy thing to deal with. Most of their fans, mainly mobile retirees, probably have their own motorhomes or tent trailers to make playing in remote venues a relatively comfortable experience.

And playing in Hamilton means they have far less travel to deal with. They'll probably show up in the hundreds there, as opposed to the dozens at Skydome.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 10-14-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Well, now that the Argos have become adept at being an itinerant band of gypsy entertainers, having to move them on short notice to another venue to avoid wrecking the soccer experience will be an easy thing to deal with. Most of their fans, mainly mobile retirees, probably have their own motorhomes or tent trailers to make playing in remote venues a relatively comfortable experience.

And playing in Hamilton means they have far less travel to deal with. They'll probably show up in the hundreds there, as opposed to the dozens at Skydome.
    L O L.

Amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the censoring makes this board look like a bunch of lunatics. I like it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've been told they know the schedules and there will not be a conflict. Either they are hinting the p****** schedule will change next year or they are saying they don't expect TFC will go that far. Either way it wasn't a real answer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post

Hahahaha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just made my morning Brooker
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like mentally substituting words other than that particular p-word. Makes for some unique viewpoints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    You just made my morning Brooker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=POzSXzwbwIc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Ignore, sleep-surfing the web again...]

So, I did try and search this thread, with no results. Is there an actual published plan for what is going to be happening to the stadium? I have read a few things, one pointing to the Argos being at BMO (or whatever it's called next year), in 2016. That said, they haven't even finished Phase 1 of the renovations, the stadium still shows as a major work in progress. If they need to make the end zones retractable seating, is there a real plan to get this done? A delay implementing something like that could be a disaster if there are weather delays like there were with Phase 1.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteNorth; 10-14-2015 at 11:34 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    So, I did try and search this thread, with no results. Is there an actual published plan for what is going to be happening to the stadium? I have read a few things, one pointing to the Argos being at BMO (or whatever it's called next year), in 2016. That said, they haven't even finished Phase 1 of the renovations, the stadium still shows as a major work in progress. If they need to make the end zones retractable seating, is there a real plan to get this done? A delay implementing something like that could be a disaster if there are weather delays like there were with Phase 1.
    2 pgs ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balls. Thank you. I need to sleep more...

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    2 pgs ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a call from my ticket rep this morning. It's official the north stand will be permanently removed to make room for the Argos. North end ticket holders will get first picks in relocation but they want us to put a deposit down first as part of the renewals. If during relocation there are no seats that work, they guarantee a refund. Renewal notices should come out this afternoon or Monday. Relocation will be in late November/early December and will be done online again.

Kinda sucks....
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a call from my ticket rep this morning. It's official the north stand will be permanently removed to make room for the Argos. North end ticket holders will get first picks in relocation but they want us to put a deposit down first as part of the renewals. If during relocation there are no seats that work, they guarantee a refund. Renewal notices should come out this afternoon or Monday. Relocation will be in late November/early December and will be done online again.

Kinda sucks....
    And what relocation "works" for you, andy? Considering price and view...

Truly want to know.