Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how empty is bmo field going to be tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    how empty is bmo field going to be tonight?
    Taking a quick look at stubhub and ticketmaster i would say it's going to be pretty empty. It looks like they might not even be selling top 13 rows of the east side

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ottawa is a tough sell all over the league except Montreal.

There is no rain tonight so not too worried about the pitch.

FWIW, I did notice on Saturday the usual post rain mud developing in the areas where the subs run up and down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look if they don't get at least 24000 for this game there are no excuses, they only play 9 home games and the Argo executives were saying when the anoucement of the move to BMO was made that they would sellout every game one of their executives even said the the Argos would outdraw TFC on a game per game average, so no excuses if they don't draw what they predicted. The Toronto Sun today has about 5 pages in their sports section on the Argos and the CFL only barely one page in the Sun sports section on tonight's TFC game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone looks at the map either ever ticket in the upper 13 rows of the 2nd deck on the east tick has been sold or they are simply not releasing them as they try and make the lower parts look better.

That blocked off (or completely sold area is around 3,000 tickets)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Look if they don't get at least 24000 for this game there are no excuses, they only play 9 home games and the Argo executives were saying when the anoucement of the move to BMO was made that they would sellout every game one of their executives even said the the Argos would outdraw TFC on a game per game average, so no excuses if they don't draw what they predicted. The Toronto Sun today has about 5 pages in their sports section on the Argos and the CFL only barely one page in the Sun sports section on tonight's TFC game.
    Oh my.

They sound like a big deal in this city.

No slight on those that read newspapers but there's a relation to be noted between the majority of those who still read the newspaper and those that follow the CFL. Maybe the Sun is just that smart in knowing which sports fans follow what?

Yeah that must be why...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The CFL has tradition and history in this country, I don't know why you are surprised at the lack TFC coverage, Hockey, Curling and the CFL is the Canadian pastime. Your going to have to wait a while before the traditional media move on to soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Oh my.

They sound like a big deal in this city.

No slight on those that read newspapers but there's a relation to be noted between the majority of those who still read the newspaper and those that follow the CFL. Maybe the Sun is just that smart in knowing which sports fans follow what?

Yeah that must be why...
    though to be fair to the Sun, they are one of the few newspapers/media outlets who give regular attention to TFC.....I get the Sun daily and out of 7 days, there is at LEAST 5 where they have coverage to TFC, minimum 1 page.....

also, we have their main TFC guy (Larson) engaging us here, so there's that too.....can't say that about many more media types.....

ps, before anyone tries to assume, I'm < 40 ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mid week games for the Argos will never fare well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's filling the stadium with blue one way of another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, you'd figure they'd want to fill up as much of the East side as they can first, seeing that's where the camera shows......that's gonna look really bad.....yikes.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    though to be fair to the Sun, they are one of the few newspapers/media outlets who give regular attention to TFC.....I get the Sun daily and out of 7 days, there is at LEAST 5 where they have coverage to TFC, minimum 1 page.....

also, we have their main TFC guy (Larson) engaging us here, so there's that too.....can't say that about many more media types.....

ps, before anyone tries to assume, I'm < 40 ......
    Not slagging just sayin', is all. And I can tell you ain't old...Just Old School.

...so 40 is old eh? hmmm maybe I should browse the internet on which is the best newspaper for me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are sub 20k on a night when the only other thing going on in the city is a duran duran concert then you have a problem... that is a blanket statement for any team in the city not just the argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren't most game weekday?

Im rooting for the Barrie Argos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If you are sub 20k on a night when the only other thing going on in the city is a duran duran concert then you have a problem... that is a blanket statement for any team in the city not just the argos.
    We are not a leisure town, we like working 10 hour days and stuffing our kids into every possible organized activity. (kids dont just pick up a game when they are bored)

who has time these days to attend sport?

i can barely handle 1 sport, i really think there's big competition for GTA's attention

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    But aren't they catering to the same demographic? Could be a real decision for some...

Duran Duran debuted in 82 and the following year the Argos ended their Cup drought - coincidence? You decide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    We are not a leisure town, we like working 10 hour days and stuffing our kids into every possible organized activity. (kids dont just pick up a game when they are bored)

who has time these days to attend sport?

i can barely handle 1 sport, i really think there's big competition for GTA's attention
    On a night when they have virtually 0 competition they should be able to draw an okay crowd simply from the number of 20-30 somethings in the 15 KM radius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    But aren't they catering to the same demographic? Could be a real decision for some...

Duran Duran debuted in 82 and the following year the Argos ended their Cup drought - coincidence? You decide.
    IDK man, all that occurred 5 years before i was born lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to read too much into newspaper space on any given day.

According to Zelkovich, CFL weekend ratings up 10% over last year. He doesn't publish the during the week stuff - did the first Argo game as a one off 692K (which would have put them behind only the Jays and the NHL draft that weekend). Decent enough - lets see how they do on a Wednesday.

CFL still not great as a whole at 400-700K depending upon how much Western presence there is in a game. That TV number is the biggest issue for the Argos. The new stadium needs to move the needle in Ontario ratings.

Expect to soon here "If we only had weekend games" complaints. The 2 August home dates on a Friday then a Saturday will tell for TV and attendance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not going to read too much into newspaper space on any given day.

According to Zelkovich, CFL weekend ratings up 10% over last year. He doesn't publish the during the week stuff - did the first Argo game as a one off 692K (which would have put them behind only the Jays and the NHL draft that weekend). Decent enough - lets see how they do on a Wednesday.

CFL still not great as a whole at 400-700K depending upon how much Western presence there is in a game. That TV number is the biggest issue for the Argos. The new stadium needs to move the needle in Ontario ratings.

Expect to soon here "If we only had weekend games" complaints. The 2 August home dates on a Friday then a Saturday will tell for TV and attendance.
    Both those August games are during the Ex no? They should be able to sell out at that point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 1 Argo Ex game - the Ex opens on the 19th this year. 4pm game though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they want to capitalize on the opportunity, they should schedule all/most home games on weekends when TFC is on the road. Tailgating on a Wednesday just doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If they want to capitalize on the opportunity, they should schedule all/most home games on weekends when TFC is on the road. Tailgating on a Wednesday just doesn't work.
    indy is this weekend, thats why its on a wednesday.

It will work out better next season for both clubs with no reno, you can schedule on alternating weekends. 7 days between games for the grass.
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-13-2016 at 04:17 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next year when TFC has a normal home schedule with no renovations, it will be much better for all those involved.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walked around BMO and the Indy Site today. Getting around the Indy Racetrack was a huge pain in the ass. I can't the blame the Argos if the attendance is low.
    The tailgate area looked pretty corporate. There were a fair number of vehicles with people doing some grilling, but it seemed... fake. People looked quiet and subdued. I'll be honest, and if Argos fans were allowed to do their own thing, it'd be pretty decent. It's not fun when you have security walking everywhere and you can't have your own beer to drink. I honestly don't know why Argos fans just tailgate at Lamport or another location and tell CFL where to shove their corporate tailgate.
    Do the Argos sell any replica shirts? I only saw a few replica CFL jerseys. Most of the fans were wearing cheap Argos T-shirts you can buy from Canadian Tire.
    I agree with Argos having weekend games. If the Argos played on the weekends, the experience and attendance would be better. But, honestly, as long as TFC is the primary tenant and Argos are relegated to weekdays, I'm not fussed.
    There were no shirts on the seats at BMO, the seats were red.
    Last edited by Justin10000; 07-13-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, just glanced over at the cfl game, Argos are lucky if even 8,000 showed up to their home game today, never seen the stadium look so empty! They only have 9 home games, were all the attendees at their home opener Bell employees and freebies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least they can say they were in the red zone all game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN doing their best not to show the stands lol, ya so far this Argos to BMO has been a big success lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

waiting for second half of TFC game, just watched a minute of Agos, lol never seen so many empty seats. I bet most TV ratings for CFL comes from west coast or cities where they got nothing to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)