Page 115 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more HS football than soccer there it seems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did a good job getting rid of the lines for the NYCFC game

Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-06-2015 at 08:23 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^fixed for you thrasher.

You're sharing a game from weeks ago? To show they can share some of the time?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lines shouldn't be an issue with the financial resources MLSE has available to find the best solution. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ^fixed for you thrasher.

I believe he’s showing that the NYCFC game was played the day after a football game on that ground and they did a good job getting rid of the lines – far better than what they did for the game at the weekend showing that it can be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^fixed for you thrasher.

What Gabe said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    and the whole thing is they only have to play the odd game in England at Wembley and then has the rest of the year to recover, we will have to play with the Argos all season.....I just don't see the grass surviving the long run, even worse with a few games of rain!
    I don't see how Wembley is comparable. That pitch had huge issues before NFL ever got there. With being so much further north and the unfortunate roof design, there's very little direct sunlight even in the middle of summer, let alone now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I believe he’s showing that the NYCFC game was played the day after a football game on that ground and they did a good job getting rid of the lines – far better than what they did for the game at the weekend showing that it can be done.
    That is what scares me tho, it can be done yes...but can it be done every time for an entire season??? it only will take 1 time for the pitch at BMO field to get torn up or have painted lines that are faintly seen to piss us all off and to realize CFL has ruined our field and make us feel as a 2nd tenant and amature league!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what scares me tho, it can be done yes...but can it be done every time for an entire season??? it only will take 1 time for the pitch at BMO field to get torn up or have painted lines that are faintly seen to piss us all off and to realize CFL has ruined our field and make us feel as a 2nd tenant and amature league!
    Milan and inter have to paint their field. Is the serie A an amateur league in your opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Milan and inter have to paint their field. Is the serie A an amateur league in your opinion?
    Milan and Inter are 2 soccer teams that share a stadium, they have no pointy ball marks on the field, they don't have a pointy ball team sharing the stadium. Completely different. Pointy ball has darker, bigger and more lines then any sport I know. Sharing a stadium with Toronto FC and Pointy ball Argos are completely different then Inter and AC Milan sharing the stadium.

Also I don't care if lines are painted, taken off, and and re-painted, but me and most Toronto FC fans would hate lines to be seen during a Toronto FC game from pointy ball played the week before on the field...that is what makes the league seem amateur.
    Last edited by james; 10-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    What Gabe said.
    There you go. Lines some of the time are ok with some of the people.

I'm more of a "Not even once" kind. Obviously. The fact it can be done is great. IF we could be assured of that effort every time it would be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milan and Inter are 2 soccer teams that share a stadium, they have no pointy ball marks on the field, they don't have a pointy ball team sharing the stadium. Completely different. Pointy ball has darker, bigger and more lines then any sport I know. Sharing a stadium with Toronto FC and Pointy ball Argos are completely different then Inter and AC Milan sharing the stadium.
    right, but my point was they have an impressively shit field maintained by an impressively shit grounds crew, as do many teams in top flight leagues in europe outside of england and germany. what makes us special?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, but my point was they have an impressively shit field maintained by an impressively shit grounds crew, as do many teams in top flight leagues in europe outside of england and germany. what makes us special?
    Way to aim for "shit" standards. It doesn't take a top tier Champions league team to have a pitch that doesn't look like a 12-games-in-one board.

If the San Siro has hash marks on it some day then the comparison will have more to it, I think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Siro also is infamous for having problems with their grass due to their massive roof when it was added in the late 80s. Horrible comparison especially since, as mentioned before, they don't have any CFL/american football lines to deal with so it is a moot point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to aim for "shit" standards. It doesn't take a top tier Champions league team to have a pitch that doesn't look like a 12-games-in-one board.

If the San Siro has hash marks on it some day then the comparison will have more to it, I think.
    my point was that painting the field isn't a terrible option when necessary. bigger clubs than us deal with similar issues. It's not the end of the world if we have to paint the field occasionally.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my point was that painting the field isn't a terrible option when necessary. bigger clubs than us deal with similar issues. It's not the end of the world if we have to paint the field occasionally.
    There hasn't been any mention of painting the field. There has been mention of MLS grounds that don't get their paint off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a reminder of what we were supposed to get:

to now no roof over all four sides, no seating on the north side and no retractable seating

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After seeing that I can't help but get the feeling we were sold a golden turd on the stadium design. It feels like hack and slash now, but I am sure it will end up being pretty nice.

Fingers crossed on the ground wear and tear plus the lines issue.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to now no roof over all four sides, no seating on the north side and no retractable seating
    Says who??

If there is no roof being built - why are they doing all the foundation work for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go. Lines some of the time are ok with some of the people.

I'm more of a "Not even once" kind. Obviously. The fact it can be done is great. IF we could be assured of that effort every time it would be different.

Don't put words in my mouth - where have I ever said once that lines are ok some of the time, never mind any of the time?????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Says who??

If there is no roof being built - why are they doing all the foundation work for it?
    There will be a roof on 3 sides as opposed to four side in the initial plan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said no roof – not no roof on all 4 sides

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confused. Do we no longer have a north end? Really don't like the idea of having one open side for MLS games. Seems amateur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I am confused. Do we no longer have a north end? Really don't like the idea of having one open side for MLS games. Seems amateur.
    Yes - the north end is going - it was in all the reports before the first home game of the season

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/07...t-at-bmo-field

As a result, the seats at the north end of the stadium (near the Gardiner Expressway) would disappear. Those 800 seats would be replaced by a retractable, multi-layered terrace soccer fans will utilize on game days.
    The multi-deck terrace would cover the north CFL end zone during soccer games before being rolled back for football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said no roof – not no roof on all 4 sides
    You should re-read what i wrote

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't put words in my mouth - where have I ever said once that lines are ok some of the time, never mind any of the time?????????
    You got it, Gabe. You are not "some people".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confused. .
    We will have the longest bar this side of San Jose and Tim Horton's Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and yet, many professional clubs across the globe have less than four stands. It's a mad, mad world I tell ya.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and yet, many professional clubs across the globe have less than four stands. It's a mad, mad world I tell ya.
    Yes we will have only 3 stands because of the argos, but remember this, we have four stands now.