Page 151 of 197 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    nothing is going to change until TFC stops drawing flies on TV. Only reason the games are on TV is we're owned by SN/TSN, otherwise they wouldn't be. Be happy with what you have and enjoy it. I assume MLSE will take from whatever works for Argos and bring it over to TFC game day production since its basically the same MLSE back office people working on these things.
    MLSE does not own the Argos, Larry T and TSN do. Unless they contracted MLSE to run the Argos, the back room people are NOT the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    MLSE does not own the Argos, Larry T and TSN do. Unless they contracted MLSE to run the Argos, the back room people are NOT the same.
    The fact that Onyx gets obvious points like this wrong should call into question all the assumptions he makes when posting up with such authority his financial breakdown of the TFC budget, which to people like me sounded dubious even on better days. I smell a troll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to see Hamilton up top today

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only thing I've noticed is a patch job around where the goalposts go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    MLSE are contracted to run all the back office functions for the argos (ticketing, marketing, gameday, accounting, etc). I was told by MLSE people that they hired a bunch of people in october in expectation of all the extra work with the argos. Several posters noted this as well. The Argos consist of only executives and front office people (GM, coaching, training, etc).

This is how all MLSE clubs are structured.
    TFC only consists of president and front office people. All the back office stuff (marketing, accounting, tickets) is done by MLSE
    Leafs are the same way. The leafs are just shanahan and hockey people. Rest is done at MLSE.

All MLSE does as an organization is administrative and marketing support for the clubs. Leafs, Raps, TFC, etc and Argos via contract. This is so they get economies of scale from all the marketing, sponsorship, ticketing, and accounting people working 12 months a year on all the clubs (given seasonality all the various sports).
    Last edited by Onyx; 06-18-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm driving home after the TFC\Galaxy game I have TSN radio 1050 on in the car, the 11PM sports update comes on, the lady doing the sports update does the sports update and mentions the usual Jays score some baseball scores the US Open and some other stuff even some obscure CFL news but no mention of the TFC score nothing nada! I listen to sports updates at 1130 and at 12 midnight again yes CFL news but no TFC score on TSN Radio 1050. Just fucken incredible, a sold out BMO Field with over 30 000 people but yet it's not important enough to make one of the cities all sports station update about a game that had just finished a few hours ago. This is why no matter what like my dad always said and still says in almost his 80th year " Soccer will never go anywhere in Canada" I use too always tell him don't worry one day it will, but I'm starting to think the old man is right after shit like this still in 2016 with a team filling the stands consistently. Happy Father's day young fella I'm starting to believe you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far so good. The pitch looked fantastic tonight. No visible lines or wear and tear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    So far so good. The pitch looked fantastic tonight. No visible lines or wear and tear.
    Hello from France!

Just want to say that a lot of prominent men and women in the media said MLSE couldn't pull off a ground share with the Argos.

Pitch looked great from what I could see. And those same people had nothing to say after seeing they were wrong.

I have no doubt that rain will compromise the pitch at some point this season or next season or at some point, but what kind of standard is that?

Look at the Euro. Even at the highest level rain takes a toll on the field. Fans here don't complain about it. They get on with it.

Can we please just stop talking about the pitch? It's clear MLSE has done a good job taking all measures to keep it tidy.

Some in the media are just waiting for the pitch to be at 85% so they can write their anti-MLSE piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So I'm driving home after the TFC\Galaxy game I have TSN radio 1050 on in the car, the 11PM sports update comes on, the lady doing the sports update does the sports update and mentions the usual Jays score some baseball scores the US Open and some other stuff even some obscure CFL news but no mention of the TFC score nothing nada! I listen to sports updates at 1130 and at 12 midnight again yes CFL news but no TFC score on TSN Radio 1050. Just fucken incredible, a sold out BMO Field with over 30 000 people but yet it's not important enough to make one of the cities all sports station update about a game that had just finished a few hours ago...
    There is definitely a problem with the relationship between the media and TFC which needs to be liked at very closely. With all the sports clout that MLSE has in this city TFC should be up there with the Jay's at this time of year. Perhaps Mike Masaro - Manager of Media Relations needs to step up and do his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt say its clear yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    I wouldnt say its clear yet...
    But what gives you the impression that TFC/MLSE haven't done everything to make this work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Hello from France!

Just want to say that a lot of prominent men and women in the media said MLSE couldn't pull off a ground share with the Argos.

Pitch looked great from what I could see. And those same people had nothing to say after seeing they were wrong.

I have no doubt that rain will compromise the pitch at some point this season or next season or at some point, but what kind of standard is that?

Look at the Euro. Even at the highest level rain takes a toll on the field. Fans here don't complain about it. They get on with it.

Can we please just stop talking about the pitch? It's clear MLSE has done a good job taking all measures to keep it tidy.

Some in the media are just waiting for the pitch to be at 85% so they can write their anti-MLSE piece.
    So 1 game in to this share with perfect conditions and you are declaring this a success? That's a pretty ridiculous stance even for you kurt.

The promise was consistent pitch conditions as well as no permanent signage which has already been broken. The fact that MLSE isn't sold on what is being done this year as the long term solution speaks volumes to me, this is an experiment and they did well once in ideal conditions but its probably a little early to throw a parade for them.

Also I find it a pretty funny that you write about people wanting to "write their anti-MLSE piece" when you actively write puff pieces for the organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    So 1 game in to this share with perfect conditions and you are declaring this a success? That's a pretty ridiculous stance even for you kurt.

The promise was consistent pitch conditions as well as no permanent signage which has already been broken. The fact that MLSE isn't sold on what is being done this year as the long term solution speaks volumes to me, this is an experiment and they did well once in ideal conditions but its probably a little early to throw a parade for them.

Also I find it a pretty funny that you write about people wanting to "write their anti-MLSE piece" when you actively write puff pieces for the organization.
    How was yesterday's TFC match any different than this time last year post-Argos? I wasn't there. Can't comment. But I'm willing to guess not much.
    The problem here is that this project is always going to be a failure to some because some (like yourself) are actively looking for it to be a failure.
    The pitches here in France are substandard compared to BMO. The rain has impacted them. Haven't heard one fan complain. They get on with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post

As for your ridiculous "puff piece" charge. I'm one of the few reporters who hasn't passed judgement and is actually unbiased on the subject.
    While I've always been optimistic, I've also never said the pitch at BMO won't be impacted at a certain point. Of course it will. Just not often enough that anyone should care.
    MLSE should be applauded for getting every single football line off that pitch yesterday.
    Last edited by KurtLarSUN; 06-19-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points and the pitch looked good,can we move on from this argo whining thing,it sure seems that some people worry about the pitch and this argo thing more then the team on the field these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One side effect of our new guests, Steamwhistle is now on sale at BMO. 11 bucks sure, but it's the first genuine craft beer option ever sold at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch was what it should be yesterday and it was no part of the story of the game yesterday until someone decided to declare this experiment an overwhelming success.

The groundscrew were able to pull off game 1 and that should be the standard expected week in and week out (with or without the argos).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?? Awesome. I love Steamwhistle. Where was it located?

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    One side effect of our new guests, Steamwhistle is now on sale at BMO. 11 bucks sure, but it's the first genuine craft beer option ever sold at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only two minor, and I do mean minor, Argo presence stuff that I saw.

a) The "where is my section" stadium maps now have Argo configuration maps up as well.

b) They had white on Argo blue section numbers taped beside railings coming into sections so people would know where they were going. Those signs actually make sense and I'm surprised somebody hasn't done that before. The ushers at the top of the stairs on the West spend a good chunk of their time telling people to go left or right.

I doubt people even noticed. If that's the Argo presence, its piddly and I don't care.

Pitch was good. Lets see what happens in the fall when big bodies use up the middle during a rain storm.

Oh, and sorry Kurt, although I agree that the pitches in France have been far from perfect, Euro isn't dealing with the level of grass usage/damage that a CFL game in the rain can create. Lets see. That's always been the worry.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I noticed in North end, they are no longer allowing fans to stand and watch the game at the railed walkway. Also half of the railing is now blocked by blue padding for the endzone.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch looked fine to me yesterday. I'll never be fully happy with this ground sharing plan, but at the moment, I can't complain about the playing surface. Obviously, that can change. But as I was saying to the guy behind me in 112, were still gonna have people squinting and analyzing the pitch just looking for the tiniest bit of white chalk with which to justify their resentment.

It will never be an ideal situation, but at the moment, I'm not too concerned about the field part of BMO Field.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I've always been optimistic, I've also never said the pitch at BMO won't be impacted at a certain point. Of course it will. Just not often enough that anyone should care.
    MLSE should be applauded for getting every single football line off that pitch yesterday.
    This guy cares. It only takes once to be the laughing stock that I and other caring supporters have noticed from other grounds.

I applaud nothing. They promised they'd take care of it. They have. Once. Only how many to go?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    3 points and the pitch looked good,can we move on from this argo whining thing,it sure seems that some people worry about the pitch and this argo thing more then the team on the field these days.
    You clearly aren't counting posts then. If you're cool and you know what's in here there's a way to avoid it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from France!

Holy crap Kurt. Didn't see this first -

When the Argos move. That's when we can say who's right or wrong.

Who is the Euro groundsharing with during the tourney?

Pleading for people to stop talking about a subject on a forum works 0% of the time.

And we are not the media. If the media are waiting for anti-groundshare they are free to visit. Like yourself. Generalizing this into an anti MLSE rant just demeans the valid concern of supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a straw man argument. If BMO were ruined by rain with no help from the Argos, people here would "get on with it" too.

Are there rugby or pointy-ball games happening on the same pitches as the Euro competitions? ... thought not.

My take as a newbie here - no issue with the Argos presence in the fan areas, no evidence of the paint on the grass (as expected, and, really, a faint amount of paint wouldn't upset me). I will reserve judgement until the playing surface is damaged and repaired, but I'm quietly optimistic about the abilities of the grounds crew.

It does concern me about those tire tracks in the northeast corner, as I know golf carts are a regular fixture on the sidelines of football games, so that's the only way those could have shown up. I think some thought needs to be put into the logistics of the sidelines, as I suspect all carts went through a bottleneck at that point and it's that bottleneck that would have forced the carts to rut the ground.

edited to add, I tweeted at the grounds crew, they said the lines were from LAG pregame sprinting.
    Last edited by paul-collins; 06-19-2016 at 01:51 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for keeping an eagle eye out @paul-collins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have some small failures that are noticed and addressed as the grounds crew learns how to deal with the increased, and varied, use of the pitch. To claim nothing is wrong is to hide details, and set yourself up for bigger failures later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for your ridiculous "puff piece" charge. I'm one of the few reporters who hasn't passed judgement and is actually unbiased on the subject.
    Actually you have clearly passed judgement. Read what you have written recently. Everything about what you are saying is passing judgement.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[IMG][/IMG]

Up until now, I've been pretty complacent with the Argos hoopla, I figure wait until the first game...see what happens...well here is what I arrived to yesterday...my view completely blocked by the BLUE hoardings left behind. Zero view of the net...After spending the entire pre-game complaining and dealing with Fan Services and the useless onsite account reps, the hoarding was eventually taken down well AFTER the game started. No guarantee this won't happen again.

Prior to this I arrived on game 1 this season to discover my aisle seats had the the aisle and exit right next to my seats which I have been purchasing faithfully for the past 10 years was paved over in order to make way for a new walkway to standing area on the North End. Bars were put up for 'safety' reasons pretty much blocking my view of the big screen for replays...and the field moved about 5 feet 'south' so I'm no longer lined up with the north east corner flag.

[IMG][/IMG]

None of these changes were presented when I renewed or otherwise I would have fleed to the Southend when I had the chance. My season 10 renewal was rewarded with a 42% increase over last year...and my game day experience tanked by about 75%. I've been dealing with the account rep who offered me $50 in BMO bucks for my troubles.

If anyone has a contact higher up that I can bring forth my complaint to...I'd really appreciate the name/email or telephone...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Up until now, I've been pretty complacent with the Argos hoopla, I figure wait until the first game...see what happens...well here is what I arrived to yesterday...my view completely blocked by the BLUE hoardings left behind. Zero view of the net...After spending the entire pre-game complaining and dealing with Fan Services and the useless onsite account reps, the hoarding was eventually taken down well AFTER the game started. No guarantee this won't happen again.

Prior to this I arrived on game 1 this season to discover my aisle seats had the the aisle and exit right next to my seats which I have been purchasing faithfully for the past 10 years was paved over in order to make way for a new walkway to standing area on the North End. Bars were put up for 'safety' reasons pretty much blocking my view of the big screen for replays...and the field moved about 5 feet 'south' so I'm no longer lined up with the north east corner flag.

[IMG][/IMG]

None of these changes were presented when I renewed or otherwise I would have fleed to the Southend when I had the chance. My season 10 renewal was rewarded with a 42% increase over last year...and my game day experience tanked by about 75%. I've been dealing with the account rep who offered me $50 in BMO bucks for my troubles.

If anyone has a contact higher up that I can bring forth my complaint to...I'd really appreciate the name/email or telephone...
    That

is

terrible.

They need to correct that. Now.