Page 72 of 197 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy out, Argos in, you'd think we would have exhausted all our dark days by now. Joke is on the Argos fans too, new grounds for them but also owners who can't win shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've gone from a SSS to yet another North American ground-share with the guaranteed loss of a four-sided arena (replaced with a 3-side plus a patio/stage) and the potential for somewhat-visible lines and a mangled field. So I guess the thanks that the loyal supporters get for virtually selling-out the stadium for every league match for 8 straight seasons of losing is to be sold out by the club themselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Not 100% true...I bet the CFL garaunteed BMO field gets a certain number of grey cup games and the nhl will give the leafs the outdoor game...add these up and it will help pay for costly additions
    Tannenbaum and Bell won't share profit with Rogers on Grey Cup games as they bought Argos outside of MLSE.
    And I doubt that it would make a dent in the 150 million+ that they are now going to spend on the renos.
    Mlse will get paid to lease the field for the game and concessions, that's about it.
    Just pray that TFC don't go far in 2016 because that field is going to be shite after the Grey Cup game.
    Last MLS cup final was on December 7th, CFL Grey Cup is at the end of November.
    There is no way that the grass can recover with our weather in December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and from the article Comments section -
    Discoveryman59 says:
    "Great news now if we can just get rid of TFC altogether things would be fine"
    http://www.tsn.ca/bell-tanenbaum-to-...nauts-1.286511

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the minute I see pointy ball lines on that field, I'm done

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh......I see that level of trolling on comment sections all the time. The vast majority of Argo fans just want a place to play and are excited to try something new.

If desso works, I don't care.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Last MLS cup final was on December 7th, CFL Grey Cup is at the end of November.
    There is no way that the grass can recover with our weather in December.
    Why was there a 2 week gap last years playoffs between conference semi finals -> conference finals? (Semi's played Nov 9th-10th, Finals opened Nov 23rd)

Also, the CFL is considering moving up the CFL schedule by 2 weeks for the 2016 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another sad day for soccer in Canada been following since the early 70's and as my father always says when talking about soccer in Canada , " and this why soccer in Canada will never go anywhere", and its decisions like this that make what he says ring so true!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    the minute I see pointy ball lines on that field, I'm done
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. They keep saying the lines won't be visible but they say a lot of things...

What's interesting about this is that the Leafs/Raptors and now Argos have sold and the only interested buyers in every case are the media companies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a two week gap there is a two week gap, that is just the way it is and further complicates things now with this sad decision !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Meh......I see that level of trolling on comment sections all the time. The vast majority of Argo fans just want a place to play and are excited to try something new.

If desso works, I don't care.
    im with you...i will never stop supporting TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overreaction to this is really sad to hear out of the "supporters group" forum.

The hate for MLSE is funny too because it is such a two way street with their fans, especially for this team. Unlike the established sports they need to ensure they appeal to the fans here in order to maintain their attendance. They have done so by continually spending money on talented players, unfortunately none of them have worked out. On the flip side, they have the same mentality as a fanatic rather than a supporter when it comes to their managers. Constantly overreacting to every little thing and creating so much turnover that it's impossible to build a successful team.

At the end of the day, TFC will continue to play at BMO and management seems to want to make this a success, otherwise why else would they invest all this money into a stadium/players/training academy/usl team/usl stadium etc.

As Larson once mentioned on twitter.. this is North America, multipurpose stadiums are the norm especially when it comes to public ownership of these stadiums. Personally I don't care that this is happening, I will continue to cheer on this team because I love the sport. If you can't do that because a pitch has a faint line on it, or an extra divot than off you go. The stadium won't miss you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im with you...i will never stop supporting TFC
    I can give up my season seats and still support TFC.
    Argos only have 3500 season seat holders, does that mean that there are only 3500 Argo fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the fact that they are taking down an entire bloody stand in the north end to accommodate them is a bloody disgrace, the stadium with the north stand up and with the new renovations would have looked more intimate now taking it down it will look like any other ugly so open old school CFL stadium , they should just rename it Tim Horton field 2 after that old school CFL stadium they just built in Hamilton.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can give up my season seats and still support TFC.
    Argos only have 3500 season seat holders, does that mean that there are only 3500 Argo fans?
    The schedule makeup for the Argos plays a huge part in their season ticket numbers. In the last few years with Rogers essentially telling them each year what there 9 home dates would be, it has put them at a great disadvantage as this season they open up with the season with five road games and finish it at home with four straight. It simply does not help them in any way.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My TFC support is for the 11 men on the pitch, they have nothing to do with the Argos coming, I will never turn my back on this team as I love going to the games too much.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The schedule makeup for the Argos plays a huge part in their season ticket numbers. In the last few years with Rogers essentially telling them each year what there 9 home dates would be, it has put them at a great disadvantage as this season they open up with the season with five road games and finish it at home with four straight. It simply does not help them in any way.
    And that will be the same here from what we're told. They will schedule according to the MLS schedule. My thoughts are CFL game will always come a day or two after an MLS game meaning there will always be a 5-6 day recovery period for the pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    And that will be the same here from what we're told. They will schedule according to the MLS schedule. My thoughts are CFL game will always come a day or two after an MLS game meaning there will always be a 5-6 day recovery period for the pitch.
    That is very different than playing 5 straight road games because of the Blue Jays schedule and them not wanting to convert the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok " Red CB" so are you saying that at BMO the Argos will get priority, does that mean more weeknight games for TFC so the Argos can get more weekend games? Moreover, if the Argos have a Friday night game will TFC play on the following Sunday?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://argosadmirals.com/2015/03/24/...-on-the-pitch/

This is the easy answer to all of the shit. Forget sharing the pitch. Invest in this and everyone is happy enough.

And spread that ticket price increase to Argos fans first. Then us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Argos play on a friday night it's due to tfc not being at home at all that weekend.

5 days min between events with TFC scheduled first. This situations sucks and the real loser here is the National team, who have not said anything about this and i wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for a new home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at the schedule for Toyota Feild (FC Dallas) this year.

http://www.fcdallas.com/stadium/events

8 non soccer related events between March and July
    20 more events starting in August through to December 19 of which are High School football matches.

All of this with FC Dallas home dates thrown in throughout. Does Dallas lose out on talented players because they dont' want to play a pitch that may have some football lines or divots here an there? Or do they resign their elite young talent to contract extensions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Oh ok " Red CB" so are you saying that at BMO the Argos will get priority, does that mean more weeknight games for TFC so the Argos can get more weekend games? Moreover, if the Argos have a Friday night game will TFC play on the following Sunday?
    From what I have read, Argos not getting Friday games if we have a home game that weekend. If they play at BMO on the same week as we have a Saturday match then Sunday it is for them. However that idea from that Argos guy I pasted above would solve that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    This situations sucks and the real loser here is the National team, who have not said anything about this and i wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for a new home.
    There's nowhere better available and the CSA are too cheap to invest in anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Indications are it would be Friday night home games for TFC and Sunday games for Argos followed by a Saturday/Sunday home TFC game. Or Friday night Argo games and then no TFC home game until midweek/next weekend.

The during the season scheduling can work. Whether the desso can handle it is the issue.

If the desso works, including unnoticeable lines, the rest is noise.

I remain concerned about the Grey Cup as that pretty much demands logos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If the desso works, including unnoticeable lines, the rest is noise.

I remain concerned about the Grey Cup as that pretty much demands logos.
    I am surprised no one else is up on the Terratiles system. Makes the most sense and a system like that would have to be bought for when they do a Leafs game out there anyway. Really, this is the only sure bet to the pitch not being fucked up. The rest is a gamble until we see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    From what I have read, Argos not getting Friday games if we have a home game that weekend. If they play at BMO on the same week as we have a Saturday match then Sunday it is for them. However that idea from that Argos guy I pasted above would solve that.
    It makes sense for SSH (and the field) for both teams to alternate weeks. Thereby you have a home game every 2nd week and consistantcy of scheduling for the fans for both clubs.

schedule friendlies, rugby, concerts, etc midweek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There's nowhere better available and the CSA are too cheap to invest in anything.
    About a month or so ago they were hinting at moving the National team games to Montreal which will have one of the last SSS in Canada.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About a month or so ago they were hinting at moving the National team games to Montreal which will have one of the last SSS in Canada.
    That would have been during the CCL run - yeah, riiiiiight. CSA will go where it can make money. That means games in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope they draw more than 3000 that attended the last impact game