Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
I think ultimately if the City wants this done, then MLSE can't do too much about it. However, I've seen little evidence that the City is leaning THAT hard on them, and plenty of evidence that MLSE/Leiweke WANT the Argos to come to BMO, because they're convinced they can have their good playing surface cake, and eat it too. They want BMO Field to become a hub for all kinds of sports and events, because obviously it makes them more money.

Of course, it has also been made abundantly clear to Leiweke that the fans don't want this move, and it's clear that he's gotten that message, because he's commented about the sentiment publicly. At this point, what can you do? You either walk away from the team (which I think would be incredibly premature, to say the least), or b) make noise so they do everything possible to try and preserve the soccer experience for the fans and team alike, and remain cautiously hopeful that they will take that to heart.

My hope is that these talks fall through because no one wants to put up the money necessary to do the retrofitting for the Argos, and they go somewhere else.
Yep, I'd agree with all that. And like you mentioned, the ball isn't really in one particular court - both MLSE and the City have a say when it comes to usage of the facility. And you're right about the lack of pressure from the city to put this plan in motion, although council may just figure it has bigger fish to fry now with the new mayor and his new platform focused at transit and city infrastructure.