Page 114 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 5892
    RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone should ask our 3 DPs if they'd like to play on turf instead of grass.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Because not one of those are known to be of good enough quality.
    And the CFL like it.
    And its easier to have events with it.
    1) True. Although I'd say Houston and Dallas are usually decent.
    2) The CFL doesn't exactly have a lot of leverage in this situation.
    3) How many events did BMO host when it had turf?

I may have missed it, but is hybrid 100% confirmed to be out? That would definitely help. Anyway, I'm one of those rare optimists who think MLSE will actually care about TFC next year and beyond. They know going back to turf will effectively kill this franchise. I think they explore every option that allows us to keep grass.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CFL will use whatever field is provided. The only reason other teams don't use grass is maintenance cost for cash strapped teams and city run stadiums (by and large). Its less hassle for stadiums where the main money making tenant is always going to be a CFL who is happy with the field. There is no situation like this in the CFL, where the CFL team is joining a stadium where a team with arguably more of a fanbase already exists.

Besides, the Argos could play on a horse ranch in Caledon surrounded by 12K of fans in jodhpurs and riding helmets and TSN would be happy.TSN sells the game - the CFL fans are wallpaper. Bell and Larry T bought this team for their own reasons with the plan to put it into BMO cause its cheaper then building a new stadium and they can milk the government for Grey Cup money. They have no reason to want to kill TFC's growth by bringing back in turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that makes me nervous is the amount of time some senior executives will have to put into the grass issue. You will have an organization where your lowest profit entity is taking up a substantial amount of the senior execs time, that is the point where the hassle free solution may become better looking.

They will point to Cascadia teams playing on turf as proof it isn't that bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just listened to Bradley praising the grass at BMO Field in his post game interview. He stressed how great it is and how important it is to their home success this season. I wonder how he's going to feel about it next year... I guess we just have to wait and see.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone watching the houston dallas match now? Take a look at the field!! Post a pic someone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I just listened to Bradley praising the grass at BMO Field in his post game interview. He stressed how great it is and how important it is to their home success this season. I wonder how he's going to feel about it next year... I guess we just have to wait and see.
    if he's with the club next year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    if he's with the club next year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is one dude I have No Worries about leaving.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three games in the last week with American football lines: 1) New england-Philly last week, 2) seattle-LA tonight and 3) Houston-Dallas tonight. #4......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    Three games in the last week with American football lines: 1) New england-Philly last week, 2) seattle-LA tonight and 3) Houston-Dallas tonight. #4......

These are the pictures that haunt many of us as we have all seen fields like this come Eed of Summer and into fall season when Pointy ball returns in America. It is disgusting for MLS to accept this, it is worse now as it is the end of the season and approaching the p******s, the most interesting and competitive time of the year and then they play on shit fields like this....how can you take this league serious when you see things like this? and how can you not be worried when you join a stadium with a pointy ball team like in Toronto's case. I am not scared of us looking like Seattle or New England...but Dallas is a bit more of a worry and closer to what could happen in Toronto, even if it wasn't as visible as in Dallas, but if it is visible at all at BMO field, I am out, done with this league. Its a joke seeing scenes like this!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the lines: even though Texas often has better climate for grass than Toronto, I can remember some MLS games in Texas (not sure if Dallas or Houston) where the field was totally chewed up due to gridiron.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    1) True. Although I'd say Houston and Dallas are usually decent.
    2) The CFL doesn't exactly have a lot of leverage in this situation.
    3) How many events did BMO host when it had turf?

I may have missed it, but is hybrid 100% confirmed to be out? That would definitely help. Anyway, I'm one of those rare optimists who think MLSE will actually care about TFC next year and beyond. They know going back to turf will effectively kill this franchise. I think they explore every option that allows us to keep grass.
    1) There are plenty of people who agree with that it's never "that bad". It didn't need to be bad at all.
    2) CFL has no leverage, officially. They would be quick to agree with the change and quick to note the change that will be necessary by next August/Septmeber when they change the grass out.
    3) One non sporting event in Genesis.

And yes hybrid is 100% out for next year. That's from their mouths. They are doing grass and hoping for the best.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't look like a lot of effort went into preparing the pitch for the MLS matches though. In Seattle, that's an absolute joke.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It doesn't look like a lot of effort went into preparing the pitch for the MLS matches though. In Seattle, that's an absolute joke.
    You can hear the Seattle commentary in highlights on a near miss because of turf bounce.

Our sitch will be like Dallas. Lines and close ups show the divets from the gridiron.

And this is supposed to be the special part of our season.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can hear the Seattle commentary in highlights on a near miss because of turf bounce.

Our sitch will be like Dallas. Lines and close ups show the divets from the gridiron.

I would like to think that MLSE is going invest more than FC Dallas ownership in maintaining the integrity of our pitch. That pitch in Dallas looks terrible. Not as bad as Seattle or NE, but still unacceptable.

The amount of damage done to the grass remains to be seen, but there is no excuse for having any residual gridiron lines at BMO Field. Surely there is a viable solution to remove them or cover them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also to note

NFL at Wembley yesterday.

England play there Friday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Also to note

Oh Gawd.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also to note

Apparently they digitally filled in the endzones so they wouldn't have to remove too much paint/have any lasting images on the field because last time they stayed for a while after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also to note

Can't find any photos of the pitch to see the aftermath.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    More importantly look for the photos from Friday night when England plays, that will be the tellings story. It looked like crap when I was there for their Euro qualifier vs. Slovenia last November, a week after the Cowboys and Jags played.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently they digitally filled in the endzones so they wouldn't have to remove too much paint/have any lasting images on the field because last time they stayed for a while after.
    Yup http://awfulannouncing.com/the-locke...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Any complaints probably wont come till England train there later in the week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it shows the state of the pitch from last November at the England match, 6 days after an NFL game was played at Wembley.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ea...155604313.html

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The only real place to make money operationally is in Grey Cups, and Bell and Larry T were given a few of those.
    Why do we think that much of the money from the Grey Cup goes to Bell/Larry? The deal was stalled with no one willing to pay the $10-$20 million conversion cost, until suddenly 2 Grey Cups (was it 2?) were in the cards, and then MLSE played ball.

I always assumed the Grey Cup revenue was the pay-off to MLSE to pay for the conversion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    More importantly look for the photos from Friday night when England plays, that will be the tellings story. It looked like crap when I was there for their Euro qualifier vs. Slovenia last November, a week after the Cowboys and Jags played.
    and the whole thing is they only have to play the odd game in England at Wembley and then has the rest of the year to recover, we will have to play with the Argos all season.....I just don't see the grass surviving the long run, even worse with a few games of rain!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the worst thing about Dallas is what NFL team do they share with? seriously it looks like even high school football comes before the home tenanat FC Dallas does.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a high school game apparently

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    the worst thing about Dallas is what NFL team do they share with? seriously it looks like even high school football comes before the home tenanat FC Dallas does.
    High school football is 10x bigger than soccer in Texas.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    High school football is 10x bigger than soccer in Texas.
    probably as popular as college or the NFL there honestly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That and the owner is the Hunts - revenue and cost reduction be their approach.